A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Map Maker Needed!

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Map Maker Needed! (46 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Arbiter1164

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 05:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 46       
I need someone who can make a map as complex as these 2 maps:

rpg_beta6_2 & yoyorast islandv2

if youve never played or FULLY inspected the whole map, please do or you wont understand anything about what im talking about.

You must be able to make VERY LARGE-GIGANTIC sized maps that are pretty complex.

Email me at Arbiter1164@gmail.com (or hotmail.com) for map 'blueprints'

My one reqeust is a credits screen like in yoyorast island v2, but in the open, including My username, Arbiter1164, and everyone else who will help, anyone else who wants to help can email me too. I will post who all is currently working on the map when i can

abkarch

This account is old. Sorry for inappropriate posts

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 07:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 46       
you come in one day and ask people to make you maps (yes that is what you are doing and dont deny it) and expect them to do it for you? then put you in the credits? GTFO.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 08:06 PM    Msg. 3 of 46       
ya agreed with abkarch.

1. im not going to give credits to someone who did nada.
2. your new learn it yourself first.
3. alot of people wont listen to you because of the above reason's
4. good job you didnt post your phone number this time.
5. rpg beta 6.2 plus yoyoarst would probably be a crap map.
6. have a good day.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 08:11 PM    Msg. 4 of 46       
why would your name go into the credits, in your recent post you said you want us to make a gigatnic map. we would come up with the design, we would model, we would texture, we would rig and tag and all the other stuff.

aprantley you have never read the little Red Hen

if not here it is

The animals asked for Bread, So the Red hen got all the stuff with out there help. and when the Bread was made, the animals came asking for a piece. Guess what they didnt help or try to help so they Starves. and probably then died.

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 08:36 PM    Msg. 5 of 46       
Seriously lol, if we actually made it, what did you do to deserve your name in the credits? lol

DavixXx

MW map pask in process

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 07:51 PM    Msg. 6 of 46       
a noob dreamer

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 08:07 PM    Msg. 7 of 46       
Jesus, just let the thread sink, its not hard guys.

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 08:27 PM    Msg. 8 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
you come in one day and ask people to make you maps (yes that is what you are doing and dont deny it) and expect them to do it for you? then put you in the credits? GTFO.

I believe he wants to be in the credits because he made the blue prints,and secondly your a newb yourself....

abkarch

This account is old. Sorry for inappropriate posts

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 08:31 PM    Msg. 9 of 46       
and why do you say that? because i joined 3 months ago?

Slayer117

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 10:06 PM    Msg. 10 of 46       
no cause you told some one to GTFO. People here have Respect we tell him no why we wont put his name in the credits but we dont throw profanity at him like a dung throwing monkey.

Element

Live to win, live to skate, live to play

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 10:20 PM    Msg. 11 of 46       
Yeah, maybe you could do it in a way that doesn't make you seem like an ass?

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 11:34 PM    Msg. 12 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
Jesus, just let the thread sink, its not hard guys.

Arbiter1164

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 07:11 PM    Msg. 13 of 46       
I see where your going, but serously, IF someone was really going to make the map, ive got the stuuf and IF they REALLY wanted to, they could spend their time making it, If someones got nothing better to do.

Also really not that you guys have been such buttholes about it i really dont give a damn about the credits, And on top of that i think some of you are too immature to even think of a map, and some of you probly dont even know how to.

If your going to spam go somewhere else, im asking for someone who wants to, not someone whos going to be a jack*** about it....

Lastly i really have just got into scripting and dont have the time(or money) to get the 3ds max, and my sapien and guerrila are broke.

Overall you guys ARE newbs for being so negative(and immature), if you really thought about it you would ahve just left the post alone.
And to top it off, most of you are just hiding behind a fake name, thinking you cant be tracked yourselfs, well i dont "hide", and its an expression if your going to critisize me on that, too.

Id just like to see the map made, and you cant judge it without seeing it, just like you cant judge a book by its cover.

*EDIT*

OH yeah YOU REALLY EXPECT ME TO BE AT THE TOP OF THE CREDITS, OR BE THE ONLY ONE ON THEM????????
Im not a selfish idiot, like you guys whod take all the credit, i spent 2days thinking and working on them on paper,then scanned them

I need a serious person who WANTS to make the map or leave the forum, ill email you if you want to see the blueprints if you want too look, except those people on the forum who are being aholez

*EDIT2*

Oh yeah, how can you judge who i am Hydrogen and abkarch?? and how can you judge the Rpgbeta6_2 and Yoyorast island maps without trying, them? HMM maybe you should talk to the creators of THOSE maps and see what they think of your ideas? Hm? And i know how hard the modeling and texturing is already, you can DOWNLOAD THE MODELS and have me create the textures, thats the least i can do.

And also how long have you been playing Halo?
Cuz ive been playing longer probably

*EDIT3*
And what would you do if i said id pay? I never said that i would'nt
or that i would. no one asked they started Spamming the forum
Edited by Arbiter1164 on Jun 15, 2010 at 07:16 PM
Edited by Arbiter1164 on Jun 15, 2010 at 07:23 PM
Edited by Arbiter1164 on Jun 15, 2010 at 07:25 PM

eliteslasher

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 08:23 PM    Msg. 14 of 46       
Dude if you want credibility on this forum I would highly recommend deleting those last edits. It is really unnecessary to do that. This is not how you gain credibility in this forum whether people think you are right or not.

Besides, ranting will only serve to feed disrespectful posts.
Edited by eliteslasher on Jun 15, 2010 at 08:24 PM

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 08:25 PM    Msg. 15 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: Arbiter1164
Overall you guys are newbs for being so negative(and immature), if you really thought about it you would have just left the post alone.

I mean damn, this guy's been here barely a week and look: he's already knows proper posting habits!

How long have some of you been here? Months? Years? And how well have you been posting?
Seriously, this is why we lose any potential talent who's even cool enough to even step foot in this game, you're all so negative and act in the most disgusting manner towards them that they say "screw it" and leave.

I need a serious person who WANTS to make the map or leave the forum, ill email you if you want to see the blueprints if you want too look, except those people on the forum who are being aholez
As much as I might understand your approach to this, I think it'd be better if you simply posted your blueprints for the map and let every potential mapper take a look at them before having to look through the thread, read your post and then email you before they got to take a glance at them.
Edited by ODX on Jun 15, 2010 at 08:28 PM

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 08:30 PM    Msg. 16 of 46       
I disagree with abkarch and his methods most of the time, but you have to admit, your first post did seem very assertive and forceful. Even if that was not your intention, when I first read it, I was like "Wow this random comes and demands us to make him a map..."

Fix your attitude, think about the wording of your posts, then maybe someone will help you out.

Slayer117

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 09:28 PM    Msg. 17 of 46       
were only negative to people who think they cant even try to learn to make maps.its not that hard to learn. heck i learned. but the only reason i dont model is because simply i have no artistic capabilties whast so ever

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 09:32 PM    Msg. 18 of 46       
He can't do it himself, so he's making a request which is not frowned upon in any way what so ever on these forums. They are accepted completely under Dennis' rule, and you are to either:
1. Leave and say nothing if you wish to not help
2. Encourage him to attempt making it himself, and help him by linking to some good tutorials and work tools
3. Take up the offer and simply do it

There's nothing else to say or speak of other than those 3 basic options that I've put down. Choose one.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 09:51 PM    Msg. 19 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
They are accepted completely under Dennis' rule, and you are to either:
2. Encourage him to attempt making it himself, and help him by linking to some good tutorials and work tools
4. Go dig a hole, jump in and die.

There's nothing else to say or speak of other than those 4 basic options that I've put down. Choose one.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 10:08 PM    Msg. 20 of 46       
Ahaha, I have got to rip this idiot.

Summery:
You, my friend, are a full blown idiot and have not got a clue what you are talking about, and you sound like a spolit 8 year old.

More Detail:
Lets break it down for you; why would someone - you - be put in the credits of a map when you did nothing at all. No one are being "butholes" about it, they are simply stateing the truth...

You also seem to be making a thread asking for someone to make you a map, but then you say that none of us know how to make one... way to contradict your self. It is the other way around tbqh. And what has someone maturity got to do with making a map for Halo; which is EXTREMLY easy... Take a look at Pen Island, its a map isnt it...

Newbs means new, and last time I checked you joined not too long ago. Plus none of us have heard of you... so I think you should be making a random password and getting off the forums if you wish to continue to behave like this...

Yes, we are all hiding because we are afraid of some nerdy little 8 year old kid might come and beat us up... My name is Martyn Lee Ball, I like in the UK, Stoke-on-Trent. I am 18, and I will crush you like the pathetic bug which you are, any questions?
fyii no one is hiding behind a "fake" name as this website is called a forum. It is where people come to play and mod a game - which is not a serious buisness - in their spare time. You are the immature child for saying we are hiding... pffft.

Your telling us to leave the forum as well? The guy who no one knows, haha. Do you want to get trampled on?

Oh, guys, look at me. I am WAAAAAY more superior and know MORE than ANY of you because I played a f'ing game for afew years. Which has nothing to do with modifying it.
How pathetic do you sound lmfao.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 10:12 PM    Msg. 21 of 46       
wait you cant forget last time he put his phone number then bo tracked it down xD

anonymous_2009

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 10:28 PM    Msg. 22 of 46       
iusually only read threads such as the WIP threads or Sandtrap V2 and CMT thread

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 10:47 PM    Msg. 23 of 46       
Hunter, what the hell. Are you stupid? Honestly, this is not a hard concept to grasp...
Quote: Options for respond to a request thread-

You completely ignored them all, or probably didn't even read what I said when I said it the first time. You probably just came in here to troll, and be a big bad bully. He's a kid, a person, and like us all he's going to be defensive when people call him names and (understood over a forum) shout at him. That gives you no right, or anyone else the right, to come in here and bash him again. Not only is it just asinine, it's probably getting you close to another ban.

Just shut up.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 10:53 PM    Msg. 24 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: Devon
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
No one is hiding behind a "fake" name as this website is called a forum. It is where people come to play and mod a game - which is not a serious business - in their spare time.

He's definitely right about this though.
I never disagreed with this portion, in fact I do support it as well.

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 11:04 PM    Msg. 25 of 46       
If anyone else posts in here, they like feeling other peoples junk. Stop posting, no one is gonna make the map because everyone here is immature when it comes to this stuff, so just stop posting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 11:12 PM    Msg. 26 of 46       
Thread lock!
Arbiter , you should probably take a different approach when it comes to map making. People here get their heads up their arses as soon as a new-comer appears and says that he's making a map, expects everyone else to work, and seemingly takes all the credit.
Phrase your request better in future. Also , learn to make some maps before attempting to form a group. Most people will see you as a parasite if you don't contribute anything beyond map design.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 11:18 PM    Msg. 27 of 46       
There is no need to say "lock thread" why should it be locked?
If the op can keep his cool and try to make his posts a little less emotional, then there is still a purpose for the thread.
For the rest of you, read what ODX said and learn some bloody manners.
And Marytn, your arrogance never ceases to amaze me.
Edited by Maniac1000 on Jun 15, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Spectrum1012

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 11:18 PM    Msg. 28 of 46       

Seriously, this is why we lose any potential talent who's even cool enough to even step foot in this game, you're all so negative and act in the most disgusting manner towards them that they say "screw it" and leave.

This is precisely why I don't post here often.

P.S. Oh and I'm actually interested in what you have drawn up, but I'll PM you about it.
Edited by Spectrum1012 on Jun 15, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.Ē ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 12:12 AM    Msg. 29 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Ahaha, I have got to rip this idiot.

You don't get that right until you stop acting like one.

You WILL NOT abuse people who make requests
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=15269

Everyone who posted in this thread absolutely MUST read the above. It is perfectly clear and understandable. It is the rule of the forum. It is the "price" of admission.

Get back on topic and abide by the rules please.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 12:28 AM    Msg. 30 of 46       
So then, if you could please just show the blueprints out-front?

I'm curious to see what you drew for a map that needs someone who's capable of making 'complex' maps. I certainly can't imagine what it might look like.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 12:41 AM    Msg. 31 of 46       
Yeah, I'd like to take a look. I don't do BSPs or modeling in general, but this whole yoyorast thing has got me curious...

Semi-related: What would a blueprint of Yoyorast look like? I can't even imagine...
Edited by doompig444 on Jun 16, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Cagerrin

uh oh

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 01:49 AM    Msg. 32 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODXAs much as I might understand your approach to this, I think it'd be better if you simply posted your blueprints for the map and let every potential mapper take a look at them before having to look through the thread, read your post and then email you before they got to take a glance at them.

Seconding this.

Also what is Hunter's problem, anyways? Somebody mud his Wheaties every morning or something?

Mythril
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Jeffrey Albert Waldo

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 03:28 AM    Msg. 33 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: doompig444

Yeah, I'd like to take a look. I don't do BSPs or modeling in general, but this whole yoyorast thing has got me curious...

Semi-related: What would a blueprint of Yoyorast look like? I can't even imagine...
Edited by doompig444 on Jun 16, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Learning architecture atm, I'd hate to have to draw that out o.o

eliteslasher

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 03:36 AM    Msg. 34 of 46       
What type of architecture u learning? Forerunner? Covie? Human?
Real life? lol

Mythril
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Jeffrey Albert Waldo

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 08:22 AM    Msg. 35 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
What type of architecture u learning? Forerunner? Covie? Human?
Real life? lol

Real. Architecture and engineering drawing.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat August 15, 2020 9:28 AM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website