A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Graphics Problems

Author Topic: Graphics Problems (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

cjamesr

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 02:01 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
In basically every map i have different graphics problems. In Blood Gulch the ground is a big blurry tan and green mess, in Yoyorast Island the water is tan tiled squares, and in RPG Beta6_2...im not really sure how to describe it but when i look at stuff at certain angles the colors just turn into big blocks and stripes. I just reinstalled halo and halo ce after not having them installed for about a year, and they worked fine before. Most maps are playable, but really bad quality that just hurts my eyes. I havent tried reinstalling yet but i might soon. Any ideas whats wrong?

EDIT: Here's some screenies:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2816/bloodgulch.png
Edited by cjamesr on Jun 13, 2010 at 02:42 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 06:31 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
It is either that your graphics card is not sufficent enough to render the graphics or your graphics driver needs to be updated. I would suspect your graphics card.

cjamesr

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 09:47 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Im pretty sure my drivers are up to date, I check them about once a month, but I have no idea what to do about the physical graphics card. By "suspect" it do you mean make sure its hooked up right and clean? Or just check its specs compared to halo? thanks

MechWarrior001

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 03:43 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
What he means is that your card maybe physically outdated for Halo. What card are you using? Nvidia Geforce or Ati Radeon? Or do you have a basic, integrated graphical chipset? (Intel)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri January 17, 2020 9:12 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website