A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »dedicated server: some questions

Author Topic: dedicated server: some questions (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Jun 19, 2010 12:02 AM    Msg. 1 of 1       
Hi.

1. When running dedicated server, all of the servers write their logs to only one log file. This causes problems because all of the dedis are trying to write to the same log file at the same time and so only one dedi will have its log written, other dedis get "access denied".
how do i change the location each instance of dedicated server writes its log to?
(there are 6 dedis, and i am writing each log to log1.log, log2.log, log3.log etc.
Also, each log is in the my documents/Halo ce folder on the computer the dedis are running on)

2. Is it possible that certain servers on Halo CE may not be detected by Dennis' Halo CE server tracker, even after they have been running for 48 hours and are on 1.09? (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=66)

3. My dedicated servers can be detected in the gamespy lobby, but somehow can't be detected on my LAN (when i ran just one, it was detectable on both LAN and gamespy). Why?
(this isn't a problem, since i can still connect to the servers and others can join, but i just want to know why)

i am running the dedis on a win XP machine, and the computer i use to connect to them for testing is a win vista machine, if that helps.

oh yeah....one more thing,
does delagonator actually work as it claims?
and does it work with 1.09 servers?
just asking

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 22, 2019 4:53 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website