A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Halo 2 AI

Author Topic: Halo 2 AI (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Tezza159

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 02:35 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
how come there are no halo 2 ai mp maps anwhere!!! my version wont go online

beazt

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 02:01 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
its cuz you cant make any AI in maps

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 03:15 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tezza159
how come there are no halo 2 ai mp maps anwhere!!!

The ability to add AI was not included in the editing kit since their tags are in shared maps for campaign use only.
Quote: --- Original message by: Tezza159
my version wont go online
Buy the game. It's dirt cheap now and cost less than 2 big Macs or an afternoon at the movies. There is no excuse to use a pirate version and trying to run a game made specifically for The Vista Operating system on XP is just stupid.

Buy Halo 2 Vista
http://www.google.com/products?q=Halo+2+Vista

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 01:25 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Actually, from my tests, any time the map has AI, H2V wouldn't list it in the multiplayer menu. If I would make a pistol that spawned AI, it wouldn't work, if I made a pistol that spawned bipeds, it wouldn't work, but if I tried to make ghosts spawn with AI in it, it just didn't spawn the AI. H2V is protected against AI in multiplayer maps.

Shock120

Valve ftw

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 09:09 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Actually, from my tests, any time the map has AI, H2V wouldn't list it in the multiplayer menu. If I would make a pistol that spawned AI, it wouldn't work, if I made a pistol that spawned bipeds, it wouldn't work, but if I tried to make ghosts spawn with AI in it, it just didn't spawn the AI. H2V is protected against AI in multiplayer maps.
well, you could've used my mainmenu mod and rename the ai map to "null.map"
and pasted into the H2V program files directory.

But even then, it wouldn't work, because many tag compiling features has been disabled in the H2Tool.exe
I doubt it even compiled the [char] or other ai tags.
Edited by Shock120 on Jul 1, 2010 at 09:16 AM

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 05:59 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Shock120

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
well, you could've used my mainmenu mod and rename the ai map to "null.map"
and pasted into the H2V program files directory.

But even then, it wouldn't work, because many tag compiling features has been disabled in the H2Tool.exe
I doubt it even compiled the [char] or other ai tags.
Edited by Shock120 on Jul 1, 2010 at 09:16 AM

Ill try and find your modded ui.map, assuming its somewhere on h2v.halomaps.org

ill have to re-create the Ai quickly too though, cause ive reformatted since then, and didn't back any H2V stuff up since I don't ever play it, and was only messing in the HEK for a quick AI test. (The AI tag options in H2V are awesome.. you can control their behavior so well)

Shock120

Valve ftw

Posted: Jul 2, 2010 06:00 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu December 12, 2019 4:38 PM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website