A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »halo ce models

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: halo ce models (58 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 11:54 AM    Msg. 1 of 58       
ok i just got halo custom edition and i was over in the halo ce forums, and man they have a ton of great models so far i have seen the: DMR, grenade launcher, rocket launcher (halo reach), and the halo reach splazer. i think we should talk to those guy and get our hands on those things the models are absolutely perfect take a look in the halo ce wip forum.

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 12:45 PM    Msg. 2 of 58       
Depending on who made them, I may already know them and have access to the models. You of coarse would need their permission to use them, as ripping them without said permission would be against our rules. Find out some names, then let me know. I have some other sources for Reach weapons from another site that I frequent for Halo 2 Xbox. Let me know either way.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 01:42 PM    Msg. 3 of 58       
ok great i'll find their names. i'm making a halo reach map and if i could have halo reach weapons on it that would be amazing

okay i sent a message and am waiting for a reply!!
Edited by StatutoryTrOy on Jul 7, 2010 at 04:01 PM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 05:37 PM    Msg. 4 of 58       
Hai !

Well, my reply message was this :

Hey, impressive work man, i dont See any problem sharing my model with u, but This isnt The halo reach model, it's just "reach inspirated" (if i do mistakes, consider I'm french.)

But theres a halo reach mapping team who made The DMR model, found à way to extract bitmaps from reach beta, then refit their model to the texture.

Ask spartan094 and friends

I'm most likely a tagger for halo ce, and i make systems to make... things that shouldnt be possible to do
(i.e : halo reach shield system, precise Alternating shots on ce's vehicles etc...)

Check-out my xfire profile page :

http://www.xfire.com/profile/bourrin1337/

If you can edit or create bipeds for halo 2 from 3ds max, i think i'll be able to show you how to make reach shields in h2v.

I have h2v on my computer, but I'm not on it for à while.

Really nice work ! Press f9 and f10 to make renders of your scenes in 3ds.

My MSN : geneste.thibault@hotmail.fr

-bourrin. (means nag in french xD)

----------------------------------------------------------------

But i was on my phone so, sending failed.
I think its self explainative

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 05:55 PM    Msg. 5 of 58       
well thanks your version looks perfect to me maybe its the textures you are talking about, but man that thing is awesome, bad thing about the bipeds is that halo 2 has a bunch of things that prevents people from making editing them, i don't know mush about that but many people have told me that.

@twinreaper shockwave let me have the model for the halo reach rocket launcher: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MWHASIVP
he said its 3ds max 10 so i'm not sure if it will still work but it looks great.
Edited by StatutoryTrOy on Jul 7, 2010 at 06:05 PM

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 05:58 PM    Msg. 6 of 58       
Unfortunately creating new biped is not yet available. Even in H2X, we could not get a proper rigged biped in-game, but could alter the animations. Even if we could get a fully rigged biped injected into H2V, we would need to make an animation graph which even Kornman's H2Guerilla does not allow you to do. The best thing we could do instead, would be to edit an existing animation graph, assuming all nodes, handles and markers in the render_model, would be successfully exported and read by H2V, and properly placed for smooth operation. Aside from that, I have already begun working on the Coagulation map, they just showed off for the Red vs Blue 7 on 7 news update today. I would love to collaborate with someone on this map. I can do most of the textures and modeling, but of coarse we would want weapons, vehicles, and other ascetically pleasing goodies to accompany it.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 06:03 PM    Msg. 7 of 58       
sweet that map looked awesome

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 06:29 PM    Msg. 8 of 58       
I will port this model to 3ds 8 tomorrow. But my splazer is really different of reach one. And i also need Someone to make texture for It.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 06:32 PM    Msg. 9 of 58       
yeah i'm sure we can procure a texture, thank you very much for doing this

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 06:56 PM    Msg. 10 of 58       
Even if u find reach splaser texture, It wouldnt ne fit to my model, see :

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 07:02 PM    Msg. 11 of 58       
Judging from the renders I have seen from Bungie, there is virtually no difference between the H3 and Reach version of the Spartan Laser. Aside from that, I am assuming since you like the way the map looked in the RvB video, I can count you in on maping this map? My Messenger is B4M_Twinreaper@Hotmail.com. Add me and we'll start gettin together on a few things.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 07:10 PM    Msg. 12 of 58       
dang i would love to help only problem is i used up my 3ds max 8 trial, i have 3ds max 7 but for some reason it won't accept files from 3ds 8, so unless you are using 3ds 7 i don't think i can really help much, but i do know a guy who has a coagulation model and if he gives it to me it could easily be patched up to look like the bottom section of the version on redvsblue.

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 07:45 PM    Msg. 13 of 58       
I appreciate the offer, but I have the models for every bsp from Halo 1 and Halo 2 archived on my hdd from my halo 2 xbox modding days. And yes I am currently, and always use 3dsmax 7 only. I think the two of us together could make a really aewsome map. I'll wait to hear from u on messenger.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 08:06 PM    Msg. 14 of 58       
okay yeah i would love to help, i just need to finish the map i'm working on, its almost done, i'm waiting on someone who is going to compile and texture the map for me since my pc is to slow. and then i just need to edit it in sapien.

btw here is what it looks like. http://s769.photobucket.com/albums/xx336/StatutorytrOy/?action=view¤t=IMG_0059.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs769.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fxx336%2FStatutorytrOy%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_0064.jpg%26 (the first 6 are the new ones, the rest are older. this is my first map so its not perfect but i think it will hold up)

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 08:27 PM    Msg. 15 of 58       
Dude that looks f-in sick!!!!! That's about a zillion time sbetter than anything I can model from scratch. Your really good!! I gotta finish my Infinity map too before I dedicate myself to the Coag one. Still waiting for Dennis to post up my first beta. I might just post up a link for the beta in here tonight.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 09:13 PM    Msg. 16 of 58       
okay cool i'll have about twenty days left on my max 7 trial by the time i'm finished my map, so i guess thats enough time to get a lot done

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 10:41 PM    Msg. 17 of 58       
You won't have to worry about your trial ending. Hint hint wink wink.......I'de say more, but that would break the rules. Have you ever heard of Dropbox? I'll send you a link if not. It's an app that allows you to share storage space on an off-site server in real time with other members.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 11:26 PM    Msg. 18 of 58       
Good stuff guys, glad to see some new faces and talent. You know I'm always available with BSPs and weapons and what-not.

Once a new Ascension is released with Reach model support I'll start on those weapons, the textures are just sitting there wanting to be UVed. I'd suggest spending your time on the BSPs and lemme handle the weapons as there is a lot to learn about getting new weapon models in the game.

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 12:31 AM    Msg. 19 of 58       
Sounds great Kills! I'll be starting dedicated work on the new Coag in a few weeks, once my Ininity map is completed. Glad to have a great talent like you here and on board!

Kills_Alone

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 05:32 AM    Msg. 20 of 58       
I tried Infinity and its good overall but I experienced a game crash twice when testing it out.

I do have Shock's Main Menu mod applied but I do not think that is the issue.

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 09:37 AM    Msg. 21 of 58       
Yeah sorry about that. It crashed on me once before when entering the base below the flag, upon grabbing a shotgun. Can't remember which base though. It also crashed once when I got inside a ghost. I may have too much spawning.....I do plan to adjust that once I get the classic Halo set spawned.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 11:29 AM    Msg. 22 of 58       
okay cool i can give you the halo reach splazer model if you don't already have it.

btw what ascension? is it a halo ce version?

Kills_Alone

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 04:51 PM    Msg. 23 of 58       
Are you using portals to help split up the map? If you cannot fix the issue I can take a quick look.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Troy, they are apps for ripping assets from Halo 3 and Reach. The model ripping does not work in Ascension yet. Eventually I'll get around to ripping the H3 Splazer model.

Ascension (Reach): http://www.rework3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=82605

Alteration (Halo 3): http://www.rework3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=82537&sid=64fb9141526b5019d7e70609a8e8c553

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 05:28 PM    Msg. 24 of 58       
oh okay, so do we have to wait for halo reach to come out?

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 05:49 PM    Msg. 25 of 58       
Well, if u have halo reach weapon bitmaps, i can unwrap fasly the models to fit thèm for texture

Sadly I'm got there until 14 of july.

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 06:11 PM    Msg. 26 of 58       
Yeah I got lots of portals seperating out the massive geometry I'm using so I think it's weapon related. Funny thing is, again, certain parts just fail to have collision. Like the floors in the section under the flags. It's not a seperate object or instanced geometry, so I can't understand why collision fails. Same thing goes for other random parts of the map as well. All my trees and boulders dont fail at all. Maybe it's just the way the game is handling on my end? Did you experiance any of the same thing? Then again, the build I posted up was a really old version I had. I can send you a newer build if you want to check it out.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 06:26 PM    Msg. 27 of 58       
i found a halo 3 guardian model it has a ton of errors but it would be cool to fix it up.

hey twin reaper, i think we probably shouldn't work on the reach coag not that i wouldn't want to play on it, its just that we only have a vague idea of what it looks like. i think we should wait till it comes out, so we can do the map justice. instead if you want to maybe we could make sword base, its pretty much a remake of boarding action and it could keep us busy till reach comes out. lemme know what you think.
Edited by StatutoryTrOy on Jul 8, 2010 at 07:55 PM

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 09:01 PM    Msg. 28 of 58       
Sounds good to me. I'll see about getting the bsp model sections extracted and up and running. Good thinkin. Yeah it would be best to wait till the map is out with reach, or more detailed overviews are released. I'll get to work on it and set up a folder in the dropbox for our progress.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 09:35 PM    Msg. 29 of 58       
okay good. btw we only have to wait two months or so, so it shouldn't be that bad

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 11:11 PM    Msg. 30 of 58       
Can't find one damn app that can extract the Halo 3 bsp's into any sort of file for import. Drop that guardian model you got into the dropbox, and I'll start working on patching it up.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 11:24 PM    Msg. 31 of 58       
okay. i have to get it from the guy first

Kills_Alone

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 02:39 AM    Msg. 32 of 58       
There are tools to extract H3 BSPs but they have not been released. :(

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 08:22 PM    Msg. 33 of 58       
Okay twin I think guardian isn't going to happen for quite a while because the version I was talking about has over 11,000 errors in it, but someone is making a halo ce version of the map which means that you might be able to just port it, and it will already have the textures, btw if I give you the bsp to sword base will you be able to texture it for me?

Twinreaper

Posted: Jul 14, 2010 12:08 PM    Msg. 34 of 58       
Shouldn't be problem. I believe I have swordbase.map somewhere on my hdd still. I'll rip some textures and give it a go. If you can, just drop the model file in the dropbox folder for Halo Reach conversions. Send over the guardian one anyway....I like a challange!

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Jul 14, 2010 12:53 PM    Msg. 35 of 58       
wait so you have the bsp?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 9:57 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website