A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Modeling bases 2

Author Topic: Modeling bases 2 (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

hider

Complete n00b to everything.

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 09:52 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hey guys, I'm not a map maker, and sorry for double posting, but I would like to model a base in Art of Illusion and not GMAX. I'm not really sure of the maximium height before fall damage, and how steep of an angle can a SPARTAN climb, so can anybody help me with that? I'm using art of illusion so I can directly export into .obj.
Edited by hider on Jul 18, 2010 at 10:31 PM

hider

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 10:12 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: ZZR
i can't help you with art of illusion.i only use 3dstudio and sometimes gmax.also there aint that many ppl that are on the forum nowadays so we just gotta be patient and someone will help at some point.

It's sorta the same but is there any limit when modeling for fall damage, and going up angles?

Well it's been quite some time now, and I don't think that anybody is going to help me so I'll just have to wait, and hope this topic stays at the top. If it doesn't I'll have to re-post the topic, and wait again. Where is everybody these days anyway?
Edited by hider on Jul 18, 2010 at 10:32 PM

hider

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 10:38 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: ZZR
iv'e just google all over the place to find you an answer but i cant find any that mention what sort of limit he can fall from before sustaining damage,as for the modeling is this for maps?or extras...
bases etc.

Well, I can only model it, but yeah, it should be for maps.

haloce orange

Why bust your arse? When you can have a free car!

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 02:43 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: hider

Hey guys, I'm not a map maker, and sorry for double posting, but I would like to model a base in Art of Illusion and not GMAX. I'm not really sure of the maximium height before fall damage, and how steep of an angle can a SPARTAN climb, so can anybody help me with that? I'm using art of illusion so I can directly export into .obj.
Edited by hider on Jul 18, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Look under "Halo Player Statistics" in the HEK tutorial. It should have everything you're looking for, but I'll post the answers to your questions as well.

Halo to Real World Scale
As a reference, the Master Chief is approximately 7 feet tall.
This makes the unit scale approximately 10 units = 1 foot or about 1 unit = 1.2 inches.

(Not sure if it would be the same since I have no knowledge of Art of Illusion, but...)
100 (max) units is about 1 (halo) unit
So MC height = 70 max units = .7 halo units

Player Movement Angles (degrees)
Maximum Slope Angle: 45

Player Falling Damage
Harmful Falling Distance
3 to 6 (Random Range) units
(about 300 to 600 max units)

Maximum Falling Distance (any farther = automatic death)
16.5 units
(about 1650 max units)

*Note: these values can be changed in the .biped tag of the character

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun March 29, 2020 9:28 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website