A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Make your sword elites act like sword elites(aggressive)

Author Topic: Make your sword elites act like sword elites(aggressive) (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

zippo7

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 08:50 AM    Msg. 1 of 10       
Ive noticed on many maps/mods that elite minors,majors and spec ops is equipped with energy swords. usually they hit you once and walk around like they have a plasma rifle(like a 10 sec break before the next melee). a very easy way to ''repair'' this problem is to open guerilla, open the elite commander energy sword actv.open the elite minor energy sword actv(elite sword file) and use the same numbers and values from the elite commander to the minor. when your done you will notice that the elite minor attacks you with the sword without having to wait 10 secs. also hes as aggressive as a elite commander(can be changed if you know what to do). Note: elite minor energy sword health and shield doesnt need to be different. at the bottom you can change colour on the elite if you want.

doompig444

Mornië alantië

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 04:50 PM    Msg. 2 of 10       
BOLD TEXT ON WHITE BACKGROUND, BURNED INTO RETINAS, OHGOD.

Thanks for that though, I've never actually made anything but Elite Commanders hold a sword, but I'm sure people will find it useful

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 04:54 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
Does this mean that someone could make super aggressive Grunts?

Or cowardly Hunters?

>:D
Edited by Echo77 on Jul 29, 2010 at 04:55 PM

zippo7

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 05:17 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
probably. the thing that happends with elite commanders with swords is that the are agressive and melee you often(kind of triggerhappy/meleehappy). you could say that you can make hunters more defensive and less triggerhappy. you can change so the hunters dont melee but i dont think you can make hunters run away like grunts(maybe im wrong). if you change the hunters melee value you could make them want to melee you from a very long distance(they start charging towards you from a long distance). well when i think about it now you can change the panic value somewhere. you can also make grunts throw grenades very often or have any elite throw grenades and even human frags(havent tested if it works properly)

Alder250

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is Death.

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 06:14 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: doompig444
BOLD TEXT ON WHITE BACKGROUND, BURNED INTO RETINAS, OHGOD.

Echo77

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 07:26 PM    Msg. 6 of 10       
I've been trying to learn how to modify AI for a while, so I'm not really sure about most of the details. Could someone make me an support gunner actor variant?

•Uses the default Spartan Biped
•Has the shields and health of a standard Spartan
•Always fires full-auto
•Follows allies
•Usually crouches when firing
•Tries to find cover before firing.
•Is somewhat slow to track fast-moving targets.
•Shoots at corpses
•Has a slightly higher chance of throwing grenades. (Carries 2-4)

If someone could make an AI with these features, it'd be much appreciated. That way I can skim through the stats and learn how to make these things work.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 08:59 PM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
•Uses the default Spartan Biped
You can probably do this one. If not, it's under unit in the actor variant
•Has the shields and health of a standard Spartan
Copy values from biped into actor varient
•Always fires full-auto
Under burst geometry, burst duration. I wonder what happened to my actor varient tutorial I posted in the tutorial section
•Follows allies
Either put them in the same encounter, or set up AI following for another encounter or the player(s)
•Usually crouches when firing
In the actor tag, check "must crouch to shoot"
•Tries to find cover before firing.
Under defensive for the actor tag
•Is somewhat slow to track fast-moving targets.
Actor variant, set target tracking to something lower, like 0.5 (that's what the grunt minor uses)
•Shoots at corpses
Checkbox in the actor tag
•Has a slightly higher chance of throwing grenades. (Carries 2-4)
Actor variant tag, under grenades

Sexy. I found my tutorial.
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Starting from the top...

Actor Definition: Direct this to the .actor tag that you wish to use. The .actor tag contributes a lot towards the way the AI acts. For example, the maximum distance that the AI can see is specified in the .actor tag, as well as guarding parameters, duck behind cover chance, etc.

Unit: Set the type of unit. Don't forget to browse to the unit itself. This is the biped that you will use.

Major Variant: This is the actor variant that contains the major variant. For example, in grunt minors, the grunt major variant is specified here.

Movement Switching: Essentially specifies whether the AI just runs, or crouches and runs.

Weapon: The weapon that the AI uses. Self explanatory.

Maximum Firing Distance: The maximum distance that the AI can shoot at. For assault rifles, I average around 8. For battle rifles and marksman rifles, I use around 16. For sniper rifles, I go for 40 or so.

Rate of fire: How fast you want the weapon to fire. If you want the AI to fire fully automatic, leave it at 0. If you want to fire semi-auto, one round every 2 seconds, you'll do a little math. One round every 2 seconds is 0.5 rounds per second, so you would use 0.5 here.

Projectile Error: How accurate you want the AI to be.

Gonna skip the next three because I never touch them. You can copy the values from another AI.

Death Fire Wildly Chance: The chance of firing randomly when the actor dies.

Death Fire Wildly Time: The time you spend firing wildly after you die. Firing wildly isn't necessary, but it's a nice touch for flood and grunts when they die. More of an aesthetic feel than one of a gameplay changing feel.

Desired Combat Range: This is a biggy. This sets how close the AI goes towards its target to fire. For sniper rifle AI, you want to stay far away. The end value also should be less than the maximum firing distance, so that it doesn't try to stay further away than it can. So for a sniper rifle AI, I'd normally leave it to pretty long ranged; around 30 - 40. For assault rifle AI, I keep it tight; 5 - 8. For shotgun AI, they're most effective at close range, so you'd leave it at 2 - 5. Note that the AI will TRY to get within this range, but if the maximum firing distance is greater than the end, it will fire at you if it isn't capable of entering this range.

The next two are aesthetic modifiers, to set the gun offset. I'm not going to dabble into this.

Target Tracking: On a scale of 0 to 1, it sets how well the AI tracks its target.

Target Leading: On a scale of 0 to 1, it sets how well the AI leads its target. Please don't set target tracking and target leading to 1, and be like "z0mg mai AI r so l33t cuz they r raep teh enemiz 10/10 tiemz".

Weapon Damage Modifier: Sets how effective the damage is with the certain weapon when the AI is using it. For example, if you have a rocket launcher AI, and you set the thing to 0.01, it'd only do 0.001 of the damage of a rocket launcher, which is around 300. So, you'd only take 3 damage from a direct hit, instead of 300.

Damage per second: Leave it at 0 to use the weapon's default. This is basically how much damage the AI does with the weapon towards its target per second.

For most of Burst Geometry, I'm only going to cover the important parts. Not enough time to go indepth.

Burst Duration: How long each burst lasts. So if you have a machine gunner AI, who fires for ten seconds at a time, set it to 10. If you have a pistol crewman, who fires one shot every few seconds, set it to that fraction of time.

Burst Separation: How long the AI waits between each burst.

Special Damage Modifier: A damage modifier for the special case firing. We'll go into this later.

Firing Patterns should be self explanatory. Overall, it just modifies your firing length and speed when berserking, moving, and acquiring a new target.

Special Case Firing Properties: This is a biggy.

Special Fire Mode:
Overcharge: This is for weapons that are capable of charging (Plasma Pistol, Spartan Laser).
Secondary Trigger: This is for weapons with a secondary trigger (Assault Rifle with Grenade Launcher, Battle Rifle with Masterkey Shotgun).

Special Fire Situation:
Enemy Visible: When the AI sees an enemy
Enemy Out Of Sight: When the enemy takes cover, or is hiding
Strafing: When the enemy is in sight, and moving back and forth. Like those noobs in bloodgulch.

Special Fire Chance: The chance of using the special fire property.

Special Fire Delay: How long you must wait before using the special fire again.

Berserking and Meleeing should be self explanatory. Berserking is basically when the AI goes crazy, like when elites pause firing to roar at you.

Grenades: Most of the grenade parameters are self explanatory. I'll cover the important ones.

Grenade Velocity: This number must be a positive whole number in order to get the AI to throw. When you extract an actor variant, this normally isn't a positive whole number. You'd use around 9 to 10 for marines and grunts, and around 12 for elites.

Grenade Ranges: Similar to Desired Combat Range

Collateral Damage Radius: The AI won't throw the grenade if there's a friendly unit within this distance of the planned grenade throw.

Grenade Chance: How likely the AI are to throw grenades.

Grenade Check Time: How often the AI check whether or not to throw grenades.

Encounter Grenade Timeout: How often the AI must wait between grenade throws. This goes for all actors in an encounter. So if (list_get (ai_actors encounter) 0) throws a grenade, (list_get (ai_actors encounter) 1) cannot throw a grenade until the timer has gone up.

Items: Basically the stuff the AI drops when he dies.

Equipment: Not necessary, leave blank if you don't want him to drop anything. Otherwise, specify the equipment that you wish the AI to drop (health packs, overshields).

Grenade Count: Number of grenades that the AI drops when he dies.

Don't drop grenades chance: How likely the AI is to NOT drop a grenade when he dies.

Drop weapon loaded: Fraction of the ammo loaded into the weapon that the AI drops. So if you had 0.2 - 0.4 for a MA5B Assault Rifle, which has a clip of 60, he'd drop the weapon with 12 - 24 rounds loaded.

Drop weapon ammo: This is the amount of ammo stored in the weapon. This doesn't use a fraction system; rather, it uses an actual ammo count.

The last few values should be self explanatory / unnecessary.

Change Colors: This is for variants with color changes. If you set it to pink, for example, for a spartan AI using the multiplayer spartan biped, the AI would be pink.

Edited by Gamma927 on Jul 29, 2010 at 09:01 PM

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 10:02 PM    Msg. 8 of 10       
Use this tutorial, even though it says custom, it really isn't so you really don't have to do any work part 1: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1886

part 2: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1887

There you go.

Echo77

Posted: Jul 30, 2010 03:08 PM    Msg. 9 of 10       
Does the color change only work on bipeds like Elites, Grunts, and MP Spartans, or could you change other things, too, such as giving the Marines desert camo?

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jul 30, 2010 04:45 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
Only if the biped has a multipurpose map set up that allows color change.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed July 24, 2019 5:58 AM 391 ms.
A Halo Maps Website