A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Unable to install HEK

Author Topic: Unable to install HEK (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

dibgill

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 02:25 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Hey guys, I've been trying to install HEK to make some maps, but whenever I click on install I get "Setup was unable to find a Halo CE installation on your computer and cannot proceed. Please install Halo Custom Edition before attempting to install halo editing kit".
I have HCE on my computer and it works perfectly, also my OS is Vista so I've tried compatibility mode with Xp, 98/ME, and 2000 none of them work. I installed HCE from halomaps.org, I've tried searching on google but nothing helpful comes up.
Lastly is there any other program than HEK that I can use to extract HCE maps?
please help

Mouse

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 12:00 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Hey mate. Just checking. Your HEK Install. Have you Tried Placing it IN Your Microsoft Games. Or Halo Custom Edition Folder?

- thats just and Idea -

Co1t3r

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 01:05 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Do you own a legal copy of the game? If not, you won't be able to use the editing kit.

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 03:31 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Co1t3r
Do you own a legal copy of the game? If not, you won't be able to use the editing kit.

I had to download another Custom Edition aswell cos i had a cracked version. Don't tell anyone...oh crap

Echoes

Im gonna get banned any day now.

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 01:45 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
I know the answer to that bcuz my friend had the same problem. You get the one that requires the CD-Key and then install HEK, make your modded maps, and then take the modded maps/ created maps and put them in your original Halo ce maps folder.

Have fun playing your new maps!

Corvette19

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 08:27 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 25, 2019 12:17 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website