A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »HELP!!

Author Topic: HELP!! (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Echoes

Im gonna get banned any day now.

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 01:33 PM    Msg. 1 of 14       
Well, I was trying to export my map from (I think Gmax, but I'm not completely sure) but when I do the runscript thing and then choose Chimp.ms nothing happens at all! I've been working on this for a day and a half now, and I'd like to finish it and play on it ASAP. Any suggestions for help?

PirateParty

Elite smartman of Smartness

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 01:36 PM    Msg. 2 of 14       
Make sure you check the tools area in the maxscript tab.

Bran0n28

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 03:00 PM    Msg. 3 of 14       
After selecting Chimp.ms, in the gmax maxscipt options, select in utilities window chimp, then different options will appear, in Chimp: JMS Exporter select the listener window option and then click on the option export halo structure.

Then wait until itīs finished, (donīt close gmax). Then in your chimp 1.6 file thereīs a grablistener aplication, double click on it.

In grablistener choose the file you created before to save your map, put a name to your map with the extension: .jms
Example: yourmapname.jms

There you have your JMS file!

Or watch this tutorial: (very recommended)
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2664
Edited by Bran0n28 on Aug 11, 2010 at 03:01 PM

Echoes

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 05:09 PM    Msg. 4 of 14       
Thanks so much Bran0n28 for the text tutorial but one question about the chimp selecting: is the file chimp.ms or just chimp?

By the way I can't download anything from this site; i get a message like this:

"PLEASE NOTE!

You must have cookies enabled in your web browser in order to download. You must download the file within 10 minutes of viewing the download page or your download reservation will expire. This has been done to prevent BOTS and automated leeching programs from initiating a download. This website is designed for people so a person must perform the download.

For Internet Explorer 7
To always enable cookies for the Halo Maps websites in Internet Explorer 7 select Tools>Internet Options then select the Privacy tab. On the Privacy Tab click the "sites" button. In the "Address of website" field enter each of these websites one at a time:

halomaps.org - click Allow
halomovies.org - click Allow

Then click OK then OK on the Internet options page.

For Firefox Browser
To always enable cookies for the Halo Maps websites in Firefox select Tools>Options then select the Privacy tab. On the Privacy Tab click the "exceptions" button in the cookies section. In the "Address of website" field enter each of these websites one at a time:

www.halomaps.org - click Allow
hce.halomaps.org - click Allow
h2v.halomaps.org - click Allow
hcec.halomaps.org - click Allow
www.halomovies.org - click allow

Then click OK to close the options dialog box."

No matter how many times I go through these steps and enable cookies or how many browsers I use it won't work...

Bran0n28

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 07:44 PM    Msg. 5 of 14       
In the video tutorial it is better explained. About selecting, it is chimp.ms.
And for downloading, I guess you have to follow the instructions:

To always enable cookies for the Halo Maps websites in Internet Explorer 7 select Tools>Internet Options then select the Privacy tab. On the Privacy Tab click the "sites" button. In the "Address of website" field enter each of these websites one at a time:

Edited by Bran0n28 on Aug 11, 2010 at 07:51 PM

Echoes

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 08:25 PM    Msg. 6 of 14       
Well I did that (and downloaded FireFox to try that), but it's not working...I'll just stick to ModHalo.com...

Anyway, back to the main problem. When I choose chimp.ms, the menu thing disappears, and nothing happens after that. It's kind of annoying, and the faster I get done with this map, the faster I can try to make a custom vehicle.

Bran0n28

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 01:14 PM    Msg. 7 of 14       
Maybe it's a gmax error.

Echoes

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 01:36 PM    Msg. 8 of 14       
perhaps...is there another gmax exporter? or did i miss something with chimp?

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 01:58 PM    Msg. 9 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echoes
perhaps...is there another gmax exporter? or did i miss something with chimp?
Press run script. Locate and open chimp. Then, go to the little dropdown under run script. select chimp in it.

Echoes

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 03:30 PM    Msg. 10 of 14       
Pressing "run script"...ok now opening chimp...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...nothing.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 03:23 PM    Msg. 11 of 14       
Pressing "run script"...ok now opening chimp...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...nothing.
Don't wait. Press the dropdown under run script.

Echoes

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 05:43 PM    Msg. 12 of 14       
xD sorry I forgot to post a reply saying I fixed it. But! That would've come in handy awhile ago...but later is better than never! xD

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 02:51 AM    Msg. 13 of 14       
"PLEASE NOTE!
You must have cookies enabled in your web browser in order to download.

The messge is pretty clear that you must have cookies enabled and you need to not leave the page open without clicking something on it for more than 10 minutes.

Since you can participate in the forum your browser can accept cookies, or else you would not be able to login, so it must be so something else on your system such as you are using a proxy server or your internet security program is blocking the acceptance of cookies from the site. Be sure you have javascript enabled and also add "hce.halomaps.org" as a site that you will always accept cookies from.

The way the process works is you load the detail page and we set a cookie with a time stamp then when you click the download Icon the page it loads checks for the cookie and if found allows the download. Most bots will not accept cookies so this prevents most automated file leeching.

JACK SPARROW

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 12:23 PM    Msg. 14 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
"PLEASE NOTE!
You must have cookies enabled in your web browser in order to download.

The messge is pretty clear that you must have cookies enabled and you need to not leave the page open without clicking something on it for more than 10 minutes.

Since you can participate in the forum your browser can accept cookies, or else you would not be able to login, so it must be so something else on your system such as you are using a proxy server or your internet security program is blocking the acceptance of cookies from the site. Be sure you have javascript enabled and also add "hce.halomaps.org" as a site that you will always accept cookies from.

The way the process works is you load the detail page and we set a cookie with a time stamp then when you click the download Icon the page it loads checks for the cookie and if found allows the download. Most bots will not accept cookies so this prevents most automated file leeching.
my downloads take 15mins and if i click anything else (even the page) it stops

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 14, 2019 10:29 AM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website