A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Valhalla{Halo3}--Wip--

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev
Author Topic: Valhalla{Halo3}--Wip-- (65 messages, Page 2 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:56 PM    Msg. 36 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
Without the inside stuff it's 1758 polies... and with it all, is like 3k, I must have posted the poly count of a different base I made...
Well... you modeled it with each individual panel being its own face. On the xbox, that's just a 3d texture. With overall less model detail, this would be good.

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:58 PM    Msg. 37 of 65       
True, but I like detail :3 [Insert unnecessary flame here.]

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 01:06 PM    Msg. 38 of 65       
How about you give me a .3DS of the base, and I'll do it. Or we can do this xfire.

iHalo

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 01:13 PM    Msg. 39 of 65       
Several people already asked for it, sorry, but I'm not giving it out.. Not to be a non-releasing ass, but It may be released soon, gotta fix some of it up though

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 01:16 PM    Msg. 40 of 65       
Several people already asked for it, sorry, but I'm not giving it out.. Not to be a non-releasing ass, but It may be released soon, gotta fix some of it up though

Oh, sorry. I understand.
In case everyone hasn't already deduced, I'm making Valhalla also, because standoff's done for the moment. While I make textures.

abkarch

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 01:19 PM    Msg. 41 of 65       
ohk...

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 03:00 PM    Msg. 42 of 65       
i like high polly models, i know halo cant handle to much. but u should put it to its max. im bored of all this low polly stuff. Halo can handle a bit more, were babying the engine. lets see how far we can push it!

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 03:03 PM    Msg. 43 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
i like high polly models, i know halo cant handle to much. but u should put it to its max. im bored of all this low polly stuff. Halo can handle a bit more, were babying the engine. lets see how far we can push it!

Portals are the solution.

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 03:28 PM    Msg. 44 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla

Portals are the solution.
The engine could handle it, but:
-my exporter won't
-nobody wants to texture that
-iHalo wants to keep it his own, so...
-who really cares

masterchiefs

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 04:10 PM    Msg. 45 of 65       
leave ihalo alone. heres myne update its not done yet but its cool

yea cool huh =) ill keep workin on it

for the rocks ill maybe rip some textures outa crysis =)

currently its 894 polys
Edited by masterchiefs on Aug 12, 2010 at 04:13 PM

as for the cryengine comment: yea its nothing for it.but anyways crytek modeled nomad with only 980 polys yea really.
Edited by masterchiefs on Aug 12, 2010 at 04:14 PM

iHalo

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 04:32 PM    Msg. 46 of 65       
I would release my tower, but it has several, several errors, and If I handed it out people would, (A) Be too lazy to fix it, (B) Would blame me for being a "horrible" modeler, even though it was modeled for CryEngine, and Halo CE will not take it, it's not a closed off piece of geometry, and there some horrible non-planar border caps, barely noticeable, but still. And the main structure on the bottom was modeled HORRIBLY, cuz I couldn't fit edges together. I could do 1000 poly cuts, delete extra faces, and attach, but I am not in the mood (too lazy aswell tbqh, but I will give it out if you like...

EDIT 1:

23,XXX Polies; 5,XXX without Detailing

Includes 2010, and 2011 .Max Files, .OBJ, .3DS, and .FBX Exports aswell. , if you remove all the extra detail that are there own elements, it is about 5k. (Deleting the blocks under the glass in the interior, the pad things on the exterior, and on the inner walls on the interior)

http://ihalo.org/Aero/Releases/Assets/WorldConstruction/Forerunner/gateways_small/Aspire_Small.rar

For release, used or not, I'd appreciate credit, and possibly a fixed model if anyone wants to actually fix it.

EDIT 2:

Quote: --- Original message by: ThetianSoldier
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Nah, it's like 17 k, if you get rid of the stuff underneath the glass, it's like 8k, so it can work.

I hope your joking.

Knowing iHalo?
lolno.

You don't know me. I have full out 50k models in CE, I'm sorry your PC can't handle it. Halo CE's engine can run wih lots of polies, you guys just take higher polies models at a joke in a 9 year old engine, well it still works, so who cares. Even the Halo Wars Cinematic Spartan can work as a biped and run smoothly on my pc (46,000 polies)
Edited by iHalo on Aug 12, 2010 at 04:38 PM

Joshflighter

Former CMT Team Co-Leader

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 04:58 PM    Msg. 47 of 65       
Omg, he r God.

Seriously, I modeled alot of guardian really high poly, but then I figured this is halo and it doesnt belong.
Its not that "OMG HALO WONT PLAY ON MY COMPUTER BECAUSE OF TO MANY POLIES."
The real reason is because halo's engine just doesnt run the frames as smoothly and without problems like other games would.
Not even going to mention how much lag it will cause.
Dont be so high and mighty about having a computer that can run stuff, because then your argueing the wrong point.

An example would be putting musturd (high poly) in your cake (Halo) which you are making for your girlfriend (Community).

It doesnt work.
It can happen, but thats not with out its downs.

Slayer117

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 05:01 PM    Msg. 48 of 65       
Same here ihalo. i always did like your stuff. your stuff is really good, who cares about the guys who cant handle high pollies, they can go play a different map, yeah they may be sad/mad because they can't play so they request for it to be lower, but that rapes the original model. So i say no, let us explore the powers of this halo engine. some of you still work on it like it was back in 2001 but its 2010 we've learned so much through out the years! Don;t you think its time we make this game better then what Bungie originally had? Lets Show the world what Custom Edition truly is, were not a bunch of kids in a game playing because we want to, No were a Community a Family a powerful Nation brought together because we all love the power of making stuff our own liking. So What are we waiting for lets Set all limits to the max! The Sky is the limit or in this case an Exception Error! Lets Make Halo CE 2.0!

~SlowBullet

Joshflighter

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 05:06 PM    Msg. 49 of 65       
Same here ihalo. i always did like your stuff. your stuff is really good, who cares about the guys who cant handle high pollies, they can go play a different map, yeah they may be sad/mad because they can't play so they request for it to be lower, but that rapes the original model. So i say no, let us explore the powers of this halo engine. some of you still work on it like it was back in 2001 but its 2010 we've learned so much through out the years! Don;t you think its time we make this game better then what Bungie originally had? Lets Show the world what Custom Edition truly is, were not a bunch of kids in a game playing because we want to, No were a Community a Family a powerful Nation brought together because we all love the power of making stuff our own liking. So What are we waiting for lets Set all limits to the max! The Sky is the limit or in this case an Exception Error! Lets Make Halo CE 2.0!

~SlowBullet

you have no idea what your talking about. Someone please shoot me now before I become more dumb from reading these comments.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 05:07 PM    Msg. 50 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: ThetianSoldier
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Nah, it's like 17 k, if you get rid of the stuff underneath the glass, it's like 8k, so it can work.

I hope your joking.

Knowing iHalo?
lolno.

You don't know me. I have full out 50k models in CE, I'm sorry your PC can't handle it. Halo CE's engine can run wih lots of polies, you guys just take higher polies models at a joke in a 9 year old engine, well it still works, so who cares. Even the Halo Wars Cinematic Spartan can work as a biped and run smoothly on my pc (46,000 polies)
Edited by iHalo on Aug 12, 2010 at 04:38 PM

Once again, I hope your joking.

As Josh said, its not becuase people can't run ridiculous high poly models (ever looked a low poly crysis model by chance anyway? ) Its becuase Halo, itself, cannot handle it decently. 17k base models is not good in Halo, neither in unreal nor crysis. No next gen game would use such waste of polygons, it would impact performance way to much. You've probably been testing the base alone on a single island in crysis without anything else going on. AI, sounds, scripts running, TONS OF VISTAS. A single base that much would cause way to much of a performance impact compared to anything else.

Quote: Same here ihalo. i always did like your stuff. your stuff is really good, who cares about the guys who cant handle high pollies, they can go play a different map, yeah they may be sad/mad because they can't play so they request for it to be lower, but that rapes the original model. So i say no, let us explore the powers of this halo engine. some of you still work on it like it was back in 2001 but its 2010 we've learned so much through out the years! Don;t you think its time we make this game better then what Bungie originally had? Lets Show the world what Custom Edition truly is, were not a bunch of kids in a game playing because we want to, No were a Community a Family a powerful Nation brought together because we all love the power of making stuff our own liking. So What are we waiting for lets Set all limits to the max! The Sky is the limit or in this case an Exception Error! Lets Make Halo CE 2.0!

~SlowBullet

see above, mr. idiot

Edited by Higuy on Aug 12, 2010 at 05:11 PM

Slayer117

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 05:14 PM    Msg. 51 of 65       
what i was just stating ive seen alot of good work come from this community, i was just simply monologue sarcastically on how we could make this game so much cooler. ive seen work from alot of people and heck i have to say its much better then any professional Game Designer. This Community could do so much more if we didnt bicker and constantly flame.

Rips and really good models and great textures all have been lost in the flames of hate. i say we should all stop flaming. so what if it has 10k polly, if you don't like it don't flame it. so what if its a rip who cares. its a game, its a matter of choice. you have the right to click Download or not. so lets just stop the bickering here and now. and maybe just maybe this community could show its true colors

Brian

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 05:32 PM    Msg. 52 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: masterchiefs

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7791/asgardt.jpg

currently its 894 polys

as for the cryengine comment: yea its nothing for it.but anyways crytek modeled nomad with only 980 polys yea really.

So, did the refs help at all?

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 05:32 PM    Msg. 53 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate

Oh, sorry. I understand.
In case everyone hasn't already deduced, I'm making Valhalla also, because standoff's done for the moment. While I make textures.

talk to me on xfire,sir

masterchiefs

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 09:17 AM    Msg. 54 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: Brian

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7791/asgardt.jpg

currently its 894 polys

So, did the refs help at all?

yes.thank you very much for them.and also can u make a shot of the interrior? thanks man

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 03:17 PM    Msg. 55 of 65       
Quote: http://ihalo.org/Aero/Releases/Assets/WorldConstruction/Forerunner/gateways_small/Aspire_Small.rar

For release, used or not, I'd appreciate credit, and possibly a fixed model if anyone wants to actually fix it.

Oh, don't worry. It'll be fixed.

abkarch

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 06:49 PM    Msg. 56 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: ASP_GRUNTS
what i was just stating ive seen alot of good work come from this community, i was just simply monologue sarcastically on how we could make this game so much cooler. ive seen work from alot of people and heck i have to say its much better then any professional Game Designer. This Community could do so much more if we didnt bicker and constantly flame.

Rips and really good models and great textures all have been lost in the flames of hate. i say we should all stop flaming. so what if it has 10k polly, if you don't like it don't flame it. so what if its a rip who cares. its a game, its a matter of choice. you have the right to click Download or not. so lets just stop the bickering here and now. and maybe just maybe this community could show its true colors

Being senseless on how many polys you're wasting on the model for detail that could have been put into textures doesn't make the game cooler. Use your different resources wisely, don't cram everything into the model because that won't make the game better, nor will it add any more detail than if you approached it more efficiently.
NO, SIR. =D

his point in that post was in saying that the flaming and bickering in this forum should be stopped.
IMO, the flaming is worse then the n00bs that play halo 3...and thats saying something.

antiblood

Hail satan, smoke mehth

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 07:32 PM    Msg. 57 of 65       
why do people quote big posts to say 2 words. so pointless...

abkarch

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 07:36 PM    Msg. 58 of 65       
@ antiblood why does it matter?
Edited by abkarch on Aug 13, 2010 at 07:37 PM

Newbkilla

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 11:09 PM    Msg. 59 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch

@ antiblood why does it matter?
Edited by abkarch on Aug 13, 2010 at 07:37 PM

Because that same question is thought of when we see the two work posts. Why does it matter if that person posts, I mean, two words does not help the discussion at all. All you morons saying you got 50k poly objs in game, lies, halos engine cannot support all that at once. trust me, higuy and josh. We know. 26k and it gets shaky.

abkarch

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 11:19 PM    Msg. 60 of 65       
well i mean, if i remember from the gaming rig thread, iHalo has a rediclusly amazing PC. like seriously. so it doesnt suprise me.

Newbkilla

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 11:32 AM    Msg. 61 of 65       
doesn't matter to a point whether or not you have an awesome pc or not. the engine is sucky and outdated, it can't keep up with new gen poly limits like other games out there. REGARDLESS of your pc. I just got a uber awesome pc, but you're still going to have portal issues. And also, remember that not everyone is going to have the same pc as you, so if it works lag wise for you, remember that might not be the case for the other players.

Joshflighter

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 11:34 AM    Msg. 62 of 65       
I can show you my pc or Dee can show you his.

In conclusion. It is not the computer that restricts what the game does, but the game itself.

Newbkilla

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 01:54 PM    Msg. 63 of 65       

980 polies is impossible for that quality. Cryengine can propbably take a good 10k from a character model Halo bipeds are 2k if that says anything. So that MUST be false.
Edited by Newbkilla on Aug 14, 2010 at 01:55 PM

Xander92

I`m Russian,you maggot.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 03:41 PM    Msg. 64 of 65       

masterchiefs

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 09:37 AM    Msg. 65 of 65       
thks =)

heres an update ithink something wrong with the doors/corridors icant understand what :

Edited by masterchiefs on Aug 16, 2010 at 10:19 AM

hey guys what do u think about this:

its not forhalo its for my udk game so waht do u think?

ill start painting textures for my map soon

Edited by masterchiefs on Aug 18, 2010 at 12:10 PM
Edited by masterchiefs on Aug 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 12:09 AM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website