A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Every body, how do you think of REACH?

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: Every body, how do you think of REACH? (108 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

117MC

117ʿٳ

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:18 AM    Msg. 1 of 108       
I think it's cool, but like another game, not halo.
How do you think of it?

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:27 AM    Msg. 2 of 108       
We have enough reach threads, but for the sake of staying on topic, I will state that I thought it was meh.

Co1t3r

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:32 AM    Msg. 3 of 108       
I don't like it. Will still buy it, though.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:34 AM    Msg. 4 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
I will state that I thought it was meh.

Corvette19

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:52 AM    Msg. 5 of 108       
I actually thought it was good.

Gamma927

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 01:06 AM    Msg. 6 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: l283023

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Coming from the die-hard CoD fanboy.

Considering I was and still am a Halo fan? I highly enjoyed Halo CE, and Halo 3 took my breath away three years ago. Reach however, appeals much less to me than the other games had.

343Sentinel

I love halo

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 01:21 AM    Msg. 7 of 108       
HALO is not just a game, but rather a spirit

Tman344

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlbinoKnightt

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 01:46 AM    Msg. 8 of 108       
Ehhh' halo lost its touch after halo 2,after that it went to hell game playwise :////

Although some Weapon concepts were nice like the DMR and Odst's silenced weapons,

Reach is Crap.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 02:18 AM    Msg. 9 of 108       
HOW do I think of Reach? Let me count the ways...
But, seriously, just use the "official" reach thread for this.

ThetianSoldier

Keyboard not found! Press any key to continue...

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 02:23 AM    Msg. 10 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: l283023

Coming from the die-hard CoD fanboy.

Considering I was and still am a Halo fan? I highly enjoyed Halo CE, and Halo 3 took my breath away three years ago. Reach however, appeals much less to me than the other games had.

What.
You liked Halo 3, but you don't like Reach?
I think Reach looks FAR superior to Halo 3, which I didn't like very much at all.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 02:26 AM    Msg. 11 of 108       
Halo 3 was noob.
Halo Reach is pwn.

'nuff said.

ThetianSoldier

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 02:30 AM    Msg. 12 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Halo 3 was noob.
Halo Reach is pwn.

'nuff said.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 02:37 AM    Msg. 13 of 108       
Halo 3 was Halo at its best. Everything was of quality make, weapons perfectly balanced, the sandbox fun to play around in.

Halo 3: ODST was Bungie experimenting with some 'changes' that I personally loved. New Mombasa at night...was purely and without-a-doubt, damn amazing.

Halo: Reach is the military side to Halo. The weapons and everything just look more 'realistic' and 'nitty-gritty.' The sandbox is being completely updated at every front. This is going to be one amazingly well made game, made by people who know what gameplay works, how to change it, and how to keep a game alive for years to come.

ThetianSoldier

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 02:44 AM    Msg. 14 of 108       
Halo 3 seemed like a multiplayer-only title. It felt like, if anything, the campaign was just a training mode to get you ready for multiplayer; Not very long, and the story didn't offer as many twists or thrills as H1 or H2 did (e.g. the flood in H1, the arbiter in H2.) The multiplayer itself seemed fun for awhile, until it got really tiring facing what would seem like the same "MLG PRO HAX" guy every game. But I will agree with ODX - it was very balanced, even if they had to nerf a few things (magnum hurr)
All in all, I DID like Halo 3, it was above the average shooter, but it seemed only fun with other people.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 07:02 AM    Msg. 15 of 108       
I think of Reach with the neurons in my brain.

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 07:05 AM    Msg. 16 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Halo 3 was Halo at its best. Everything was of quality make, weapons perfectly balanced, the sandbox fun to play around in.

Halo 3: ODST was Bungie experimenting with some 'changes' that I personally loved. New Mombasa at night...was purely and without-a-doubt, damn amazing.

Halo: Reach is the military side to Halo. The weapons and everything just look more 'realistic' and 'nitty-gritty.' The sandbox is being completely updated at every front. This is going to be one amazingly well made game, made by people who know what gameplay works, how to change it, and how to keep a game alive for years to come.

I'm calling BS. Halo 3 weapons were not balanced *cough* br *cough*

The br was a 4shot kill weapon if you hit them in the head. It took the originality out of halo. Halo 2 was at least fun, and did not get stale after 10 minutes.

Halo Reach is something new, and I loved it. CoD Blackops is just like MW2.

AlwinRoth

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 09:08 AM    Msg. 17 of 108       
Well

Forge 2.0 looks amazing.

Single Player reminds me of the exploration I got from Halo 1.

Plus it's a good system Link styled game.

So I'll be using this game A-lot for Lan Parties
(Last year we only had 12 players for Halo 3, this year everyone bought 360's so were good for 16)

Unlike call of duty where you can only system link 1 player to another rather than 4 splitscreen...

So yeah, I think Halo Reach will stand out.
Edited by AlwinRoth on Aug 12, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Gamma927

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 10:51 AM    Msg. 18 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: ThetianSoldier
What.
I think Reach looks FAR superior to Halo 3, which I didn't like very much at all.

And thus, the point of your argument. Just because it "looks" far superior, doesn't mean it isn't. Reach lacks a certain aspect that I enjoyed in the previous Halo games, which was story. Quoting Bungie, "From the beginning, you know the end."

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 10:54 AM    Msg. 19 of 108       
What.

And thus, the point of your argument. Just because it "looks" far superior, doesn't mean it isn't. Reach lacks a certain aspect that I enjoyed in the previous Halo games, which was story. Quoting Bungie, "From the beginning, you know the end."

it DOES have story,we never knew about noble team since reach,but they're quoting what will happen to reach which we all know anyways.

ThetianSoldier

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 11:00 AM    Msg. 20 of 108       
SPOILERS:
REACH GETS GLASSED :o

Stagnant

-Everything (Somewhat Inactive)- UDK is beast

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 11:04 AM    Msg. 21 of 108       
What.

Just because you know the ending of something doesn't mean that the story sucks. Most of the time it doesn't even ruin the story. Sometimes it makes the story that much better because you feel sorry for the characters because you know whats going to happen to them.

ThetianSoldier

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 11:07 AM    Msg. 22 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: Stagnant
Just because you know the ending of something doesn't mean that the story sucks. Most of the time it doesn't even ruin the story. Sometimes it makes the story that much better because you feel sorry for the characters because you know whats going to happen to them.

Eh...
we know what will happen to the planet Reach, but not necessarily Noble Team (except maybe those dog tags, but even then, we don't know whose those are.) Granted that a lot of people died on Reach, we have yet to find out the fate of our rock-skipping, meadow-hopping, happy-go-lucky spartan III pals.

Gamma927

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:00 PM    Msg. 23 of 108       
But do we care about our rock-skipping, meadow-hopping, happy-go-lucky Spartan III pals? We know that Reach will fall, one or more of them will die (confirmed in the unpacking video when one of the Bungie employees says something about commemorating their great sacrifice), and we haven't even met them yet. Having the ending unknown tends to bring a sense of mystery to the game, rather than, OH LOOK, WE JUST COMPLETED ALL OUR OBJECTIVES, KEEPING REACH ALIVE FOR A FEW MORE DAYS. BUT WAIT, REACH IS STILL GONNA FALL ANYWAY.

Corvette19

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:07 PM    Msg. 24 of 108       
@ Gamma.. I agree with you. Some of it is pretty ridiculous. I remember you saying you weren't a fan of Halo's MP... Which is what I'm really looking forward to in the game. Did you play the beta?

KappaLocust

Not MattDratt

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:18 PM    Msg. 25 of 108       
Forge 2.0 = Mind blasting
Campaign hopefully will be mind blasting if we already know the ending. Bungie will do a good job on a single story though.
Firefight 2.0 = Customz! (better firefight then anything in CE)
MP = The beta, it was super awesome

Any halo games after Reach: 343i failure.
I'm not a Halo fanboy, I'm a Bungie fanboy... who happens to play other games now and then...
Edited by KappaLocust on Aug 12, 2010 at 12:19 PM

ThetianSoldier

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:29 PM    Msg. 26 of 108       
But do we care about our rock-skipping, meadow-hopping, happy-go-lucky Spartan III pals? We know that Reach will fall, one or more of them will die (confirmed in the unpacking video when one of the Bungie employees says something about commemorating their great sacrifice), and we haven't even met them yet. Having the ending unknown tends to bring a sense of mystery to the game, rather than, OH LOOK, WE JUST COMPLETED ALL OUR OBJECTIVES, KEEPING REACH ALIVE FOR A FEW MORE DAYS. BUT WAIT, REACH IS STILL GONNA FALL ANYWAY.

You also have to realize that Reach is probably the best part of Halo's storyline. It's a climax in the overall story, and a huge loss for the UNSC. We know that Reach will fall, but what happens before - and even during that time - is unknown to us (at least from this particular perspective.)

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:32 PM    Msg. 27 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: pakar45
I'm calling BS. Halo 3 weapons were not balanced *cough* br *cough*
Um, yes, they are. I can kill almost anyone with any weapon.

That's called perfect balance.

And the BR is not supreme. At closer ranges, the AR/SMG/Shotgun completely destroy it.

yayaplols

Cara bel, cara mia bella! Mia bambina, oh ciel....

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 01:14 PM    Msg. 28 of 108       
i think you guys are going off topic....

what i think of reach? hmm...
I think it's alright i guess... but i can't stop thinking about it... so.. excited...

Firefight 2.0 : New way of firefight, with tons of options to customize to your liking...
Forge World : Best forge world eva! I'm going to have lot's of fun with it :D
Armor Abilities : something new... but helpful
Space-Fight : something new... can't wait
Multiplayer :new gametypes and map... can't wait
Campaign : not to sure...

To me... it have lots of new things that have yet to be explored... wait... they said that the multiplayer maps that takes place on reach will be on campaign... wait... that can't be! But it is! WOO HOO SPACE FIGHT (or not)

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 02:23 PM    Msg. 29 of 108       
Peanut Butter and Jelly!

the Campaign will probably suck just cause bungie has crappy story telling skills.

but Forge looks smexy and its a halo game its only good for online

Advancebo

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 02:48 PM    Msg. 30 of 108       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Peanut Butter and Jelly!

the Campaign will probably suck just cause bungie has crappy story telling skills.

but Forge looks smexy and its a halo game its only good for online

lolwut? I find the campaigns to be very fun. its not that they can't tell stories, is that you can't comprehend it.

Slayer117

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 02:52 PM    Msg. 31 of 108       
its just has gotten really repetive yo know.

Halo 1 had the best since it was something new
Halo 2: ok were shooting aliens i can do this.
Halo 3: Ok im still shooting Aliens this is getting a lil bit Boring now
ODST: Derp im not a spartan but im still shooting Aliens

It just gets repetive. the encounters are always the same, bungie cant think of anything new

wesman

no your a freezer

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 03:07 PM    Msg. 32 of 108       
What would you rather shoot at? marshmallows? You can't expect them to completely change the main enemy force that they have been using for three games especially during a prologue. people like you who grossly over simplify situations like this are the reason I hardly go on forums like this anymore. If your too simple minded to see that Reach is bringing more to the table than all 3 previous games combined then your messed up in the head. With the addition of forge 2.0, firefight 2.0, Invasion, the arena, and overall HUGE changes in game play, its plain to see that Reach is going to be played for a VERY long time. In my opinion it could possibly be the game of this decade. Not to mention it FINALLY delves deeper into the story of reach, something that die hard fans have been waiting for for a long time.

Slayer117

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 03:10 PM    Msg. 33 of 108       
im just stating that the Encounters are always the same, Bungie could do so much more but they limit them selves, its always 4 grunts 2 brutes 2 jackals, they never mix it up a bit. do what they do like in the L4D games how the encounters would always be diffrent. The campaighn is only fun to play just once cause it never changes. it would be nice to have random in it.

wesman

no your a freezer

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 03:18 PM    Msg. 34 of 108       
im just stating that the Encounters are always the same, Bungie could do so much more but they limit them selves, its always 4 grunts 2 brutes 2 jackals, they never mix it up a bit. do what they do like in the L4D games how the encounters would always be diffrent. The campaighn is only fun to play just once cause it never changes. it would be nice to have random in it.
If you had been keeping up with the news about this game, instead of assuming it was the same as the rest, you would know that reach runs off a reworked engine allowing for double the amount of on screen units which means MUCH bigger encounters, which also means more diversity in those said encounters.

Corvette19

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 03:31 PM    Msg. 35 of 108       

Left 4 Dead is a garbage, repetitive game.

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 20, 2019 11:11 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website