A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »i cant download anything again!!

Author Topic: i cant download anything again!! (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 19, 2010 09:50 PM    Msg. 1 of 17       
when i click the download button it takes me to this page
ftp://dl3.halomaps.org/maps/rpg_beta6_2.zip
and when i click the view more details button i found this error and dont no wat it means

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 19, 2010 10:04 PM    Msg. 2 of 17       
I guess you didn't pay your bill for the previous maps.

Yes I am kidding. (for the humor impared)

Close your browser, all tabs and instances then try again. This looks like you have more than 2 threads open to the server and are getting denied access. If you are using a download manager/accellerator then disable it.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 19, 2010 11:27 PM    Msg. 3 of 17       
well when i find multiple maps i want i open each one in different tabs and wait for each one to download. but this hasnt happened because of that. and i dont have a download manager.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Aug 19, 2010 11:49 PM    Msg. 4 of 17       
Don't open in different tabs, I've had multiple maps open before and when I download one, it will say that I'm already downloading files. If you really want to come back to them later, just paste the links into a .txt file or something.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 12:25 AM    Msg. 5 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: darkassassin14 and i dont have a download manager.

*CAUGH CAUGH!* google chrome *CAUGH CAUGH HACK!*
Edited by eliteslasher on Aug 20, 2010 at 12:26 AM

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 07:39 AM    Msg. 6 of 17       
lol i have google chrome. so it wasnt that. i restarted and it works now but i dont like restarting my pc everytime this happens and what dennis says might help the next time.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 04:25 PM    Msg. 7 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: darkassassin14
lol i have google chrome. so it wasnt that. i restarted and it works now but i dont like restarting my pc everytime this happens and what dennis says might help the next time.
We only allow one download at a time, mainly because we have to limit the bandwidth and this is the only fair way of sharing it, so the server will only accept 2 FTP threads, the control thread and the transfer thread, from each IP address. When you start a transfer we log the IP address and if you try to download again while downloading the website will check the log and give you an error. However if your browser maintains an open thread to the server after the download is finished and your IP is removed from the log and you try to start another download the server may reject the new connections because you are still connected with one thread.

Normally the browser will drop the connections at completion but sometimes connections can be kept open if the browser has multiple instances in shared memory or multiple tabs open.

The other thing that can keep the connections active is your anti-virus/internet security program. Almost all of them install a HTTP/FTP proxy in order to test your web browsers activity and test for spyware/virus in web pages. They can keep the connections open which is probably why you can download again after you reboot.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 04:29 PM    Msg. 8 of 17       
:P assassin what map u trien to download i got problems downloadin certain ones

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 04:57 PM    Msg. 9 of 17       
i wasn't able to download at first. but after restart i could. and i like your explainations dennis. they're... enlightening.

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 07:49 PM    Msg. 10 of 17       
i soemtimes use chrome but it still just stops after a while when downloading like internet explorer

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 08:37 PM    Msg. 11 of 17       
AVG free

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 09:22 PM    Msg. 12 of 17       
we've already found the problem. dennis explained

eliteslasher

Posted: Aug 21, 2010 12:51 AM    Msg. 13 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

Quote: --- Original message by: darkassassin14 and i dont have a download manager.

*CAUGH CAUGH!* google chrome *CAUGH CAUGH HACK!*
Edited by eliteslasher on Aug 20, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Sorry I think I worded that wrong what was meant to be said was...
GETGOOGLECHROMEITISTHEBESTBROWSEREVEREVEREVER!!! :D
I ONLY use it.... all the time. every day o the week. I mean IE only crashes once a hour and Firefox takes a bit longer to open some pages so...

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Aug 21, 2010 01:04 AM    Msg. 14 of 17       
and chrome has a anti spy mode where no key logger or history or cookies will be put on the computer when u go to any sight if u use the mode... *points at slasher for reasons i dont wanna say.* jk idk if slasher does that xD

eliteslasher

Posted: Aug 21, 2010 01:07 AM    Msg. 15 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
and chrome has a anti spy mode where no key logger or history or cookies will be put on the computer when u go to any sight if u use the mode... *points at slasher for reasons i dont wanna say.* jk idk if slasher does that xD

Well you got me. If only I wouldn't have left Teamviewer on that one time.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 21, 2010 01:15 AM    Msg. 16 of 17       
lol. ok since my problem is solved (and yes i got google chrome just in case) Dennis this thread is no longer needed and has gotten off topic. thanks for your help. Thread -locked

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Aug 21, 2010 01:25 AM    Msg. 17 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
We only allow one download at a time, mainly because we have to limit the bandwidth and this is the only fair way of sharing it, so the server will only accept 2 FTP threads, the control thread and the transfer thread, from each IP address. When you start a transfer we log the IP address and if you try to download again while downloading the website will check the log and give you an error. However if your browser maintains an open thread to the server after the download is finished and your IP is removed from the log and you try to start another download the server may reject the new connections because you are still connected with one thread.

Normally the browser will drop the connections at completion but sometimes connections can be kept open if the browser has multiple instances in shared memory or multiple tabs open.

The other thing that can keep the connections active is your anti-virus/internet security program. Almost all of them install a HTTP/FTP proxy in order to test your web browsers activity and test for spyware/virus in web pages. They can keep the connections open which is probably why you can download again after you reboot.

this was the answer. i had too many tabs to the site open. causing a temporary connection to become a permanent connection. now that i think of it thats a huge security risk lol.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri October 18, 2019 9:07 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website