A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Do Not Post Reach Spoilers or links to Reach spoilers.

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: Do Not Post Reach Spoilers or links to Reach spoilers. (82 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 05:36 PM    Msg. 1 of 82       
Do Not post Reach spoilers or links to Reach spoilers. Messages will be deleted and threads will be locked. Repeat offenders will be banned.

- Dennis

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 05:37 PM    Msg. 2 of 82       
but what if its not a spoiler and was revealed at gamescon?? because some people find it spoilers because they wanna stay dark :P is there a way to make a link biege?

Dennis

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 05:51 PM    Msg. 3 of 82       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
but what if its not a spoiler and was revealed at gamescon?? because some people find it spoilers because they wanna stay dark :P is there a way to make a link biege?
I can not make it any clearer. Do not post spoilers or links to them. If it is an official release from Bungie it is not a spoiler. Otherwise if you have to guess don't post it.

If you (everyone) can't comply then I will shut down the form until after 9/14. This is not up for discussion. This is a liability issue that I am trusting you people to comply with.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 05:57 PM    Msg. 4 of 82       
can you not allow new people to join until after then for the obvious reason?

Corvette19

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 07:02 PM    Msg. 5 of 82       
That would be stupid to block people from joining so that they may not post Reach spoilers.

Also, it's pretty easy to not click the links or read a paragraph.

yayaplols

Cara bel, cara mia bella! Mia bambina, oh ciel....

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 07:40 PM    Msg. 6 of 82       
Quote: --- Original message by: gnademassica117
Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
That would be stupid to block people from joining so that they may not post Reach spoilers.

Do not read the next paragraph:

Reach is a planet.

Did you ignore it?

It is quite tempting... and most people read things when people told them not to.... because of their curiosity overwhelm them...

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 08:24 PM    Msg. 7 of 82       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
I can not make it any clearer. Do not post spoilers or links to them. If it is an official release from Bungie it is not a spoiler. Otherwise if you have to guess don't post it.

If you (everyone) can't comply then I will shut down the form until after 9/14. This is not up for discussion. This is a liability issue that I am trusting you people to comply with.

When you say Bungie "official" does that include Bungie interviews by other organizations or not? I mean like the ones Bungie posts direct links to on their home page.

Advancebo

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 08:26 PM    Msg. 8 of 82       
Quote: --- Original message by: yayaplols
Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19

Do not read the next paragraph:

Reach is a planet.

Did you ignore it?

It is quite tempting... and most people read things when people told them not to.... because of their curiosity overwhelm them...
Exactly. It's not easy not to read spoilers, so it is spitefull to post them. While some people might apreciate it, you could be ruining the game for others.

By not reading this sentence, you have forced yourself to read it, even though you wanted to not read it, you ended up not reading it to read it, and you have forcefully and truly, read it.

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 08:36 PM    Msg. 9 of 82       
^ You post is based on the premise that I don't know what the sentance is about before I read it. Even then, once I get a few words in, I can realize what it's about and stop. People have been posting "spoilers" (new vehicles, new weapons, armor abilities, Forgeworld, etc.) for months. It hasn't become a problem until now. People should have a general common sense about if somethig is a potential spolier, and they DO have the ability to close the window when their doubts are confirmed.

Dennis

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 08:36 PM    Msg. 10 of 82       
Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
When you say Bungie "official" does that include Bungie interviews by other organizations or not? I mean like the ones Bungie posts direct links to on their home page.

One would normally assume that if it is on Bungie's home page put there by Bungie then it is approved by Bungie. In case that is not how you think then I will just say; yes if it is linked off Bungies's home page or blogs (not the forum) then it is an official link and can be linked here as well.

http://www.lameorgame.com/view.cfm?cid=596

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 08:47 PM    Msg. 11 of 82       

One would normally assume that if it is on Bungie's home page put there by Bungie then it is approved by Bungie. In case that is not how you think then I will just say; yes if it is linked off Bungies's home page or blogs (not the forum) then it is an official link and can be linked here as well.

Dennis, just a warning, this is going to be attracting spammers, just sayin, and they are going to post leaks, links ect. Just a warning. I hope they don't do it, this is one of my favorite sites... :(

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 08:56 PM    Msg. 12 of 82       
and if they do Dennis said he'll ban them problem solved

Advancebo

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 08:57 PM    Msg. 13 of 82       
Most of them are actually going to Modacity, rather than Halomaps.

KappaLocust

Not MattDratt

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 10:02 PM    Msg. 14 of 82       
Thank you Dennis.

I dont want to be spoiled, but I dont want to go 100% dark just so I can avoid Advancebo telling the ending in a forum post -_-

Dennis

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 11:27 PM    Msg. 15 of 82       
I know everyone is different and some people don’t want to know and that people want more information on Reach. It is healthy to talk and speculate on the game, however, there have been a number of videos published on the game that were not approved by Bungie or Microsoft their publisher and those videos have been removed and websites posting them served with legal papers concerning copyright violations.

I am sure that if you really want to see pirate videos of the game you can find them but not from here becasue it is 1) a violation of the copyright that is being enforced by Bungie and 2) just not the right thing to do.

I am asking you to not post spoilers and the repercussions of doing so may be a suspension of posting privileges and/or the deletion of ALL your posts from all time.

leyuen

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 12:01 AM    Msg. 16 of 82       
will do so sir!!!

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 08:50 AM    Msg. 17 of 82       
All of us majored in psychology. We can force people to read what they don't want to read.

Solocord

im what happens when you play with fire.

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 06:00 AM    Msg. 18 of 82       

that picture looks like some weird sex scene from red vs blue..... may we never speak of this again

Azrooh

Bleh.

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 05:49 PM    Msg. 19 of 82       
Snape kills Dumbledore. This time on Reach.

Thanks, Dennis.

Dennis

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 09:33 PM    Msg. 20 of 82       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zira Vadum
Wait..this is offtopic Dennis.
That is not for you to say. You are welcome to your opinion but it carries no weight here when it comes to moderating the forum. The sooner you learn that fact the better off you will be.
That being said, are you Dennis Powers?
I always have been and always will be; it is an accomplishment the likes you can never hope to achieve.

leyuen

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 09:50 PM    Msg. 21 of 82       
Why is it, whenever you post in a thread, it goes way off-topic, ends up getting locked and Zira ends up getting a new person who hates him?

if u havent notice he always argues with anyone who disagrees with him, he wont take a no for a answer

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 10:14 PM    Msg. 22 of 82       
It's fine to disagree on things, but you don't have to argue with people about it. For example, I disagree with you on your opinion of Higuy, I think he's a great guy with real talent and who is really helpful, but I've held my tongue at least 4 or 5 times when you bash him because I don't have to push my opinion on others. I don't agree with yours, but I'm not going to argue about it.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 12:07 AM    Msg. 23 of 82       
I always have been and always will be; it is an accomplishment the likes you can never hope to achieve.

No one can match Dennis's superior moderating powers.

Dennis

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 12:10 AM    Msg. 24 of 82       
Firstly, I was saying MY post was offtopic, not the entire thread.
Then knowing that it was off topic you should have known better than to post it. I can only assume then that you wanted to get a reaction. You did. You tried to be a smart Alec and now wonder why people argue with you. This is why. If you think your post is off topic then don't post it. Simple.
Secondly, it is not your place to judge my academic successes.
I wasn't judging your "academic successes". Your insecurity is showing. I responded to you in the same way you posted.
Even Dennis does, saying I can't ever accomplish the likes of a CEO. Big whoop.
I never said any such thing. Your imagination is running wild. You apparently post without thinking, are defensive and seem to feel that no one should respond to your "jesting" in kind.

I clearly stated that your input to moderating the forum is unwelcome, unnecessary and irrelevant and that you could never be me.

You are disruptive, you interject even when you have nothing relevant to add to the conversation and you argue with everyone and get defensive when anyone disagrees with you. You may have a sense of humor but it is hard to tell because you apparently never consider that it does not translate to the written medium where there is no facial expressions or tone of voice.

You need to think before you post not become defensive after you post. Posting just to get a reaction is trolling. Take time to to consider all the ways people might take your responses. Just take the time; you have plenty of it.

Solocord

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 03:44 AM    Msg. 25 of 82       
How the hell'd we get from reach spoilers to Whatever it is dennis is speaking of?

Solocord

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 04:30 AM    Msg. 26 of 82       
One word: What?

Solocord

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 06:06 AM    Msg. 27 of 82       
so zira is like a witch?

wesman

no your a freezer

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 07:10 AM    Msg. 28 of 82       
More like a ticking time bomb with an incredibly short fuse.

Solocord

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 07:12 AM    Msg. 29 of 82       
time bombs have fuses?

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 09:57 AM    Msg. 30 of 82       
Quote: --- Original message by: Solocord
time bombs have fuses?
This is lol.

Dennis

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 12:59 PM    Msg. 31 of 82       
No, I did not want a reaction, I wanted an answer. T
You have already said you knew the post was off topic. There is no “defense” for making the post. You can’t have it both ways. Either you knew the post was off topic, which you know you should not have posted, or you were trying to provoke a reaction. So either you are lying or are incredibly unthinking.

Sure. I will never be a CEO. Few people do. And I'll never get any Emmy awards either.
What has that got to do with anything? This is all a figment of your imagination. And you now seem to be fixated on it. Making up negative scenarios when none were presented is a sign of insecurity.

please do explain the manner in which I was posting, my insecurity, and my apparent smart-alecness?

Your make an off topic post, you confirm that you knew it was off topic, now you try to defend the off topic post. You immediately assume that am referring to being a CEO or some such nonsense, three letters I have never before typed in that order the forum until now, when I never said any such thing. You are now both fixated and defensive about something never said or implied and it all started because you made an off-topic post you admit you knew was off topic (smart-alec). These are all traits of someone trying to be disruptive (off topic) and also insecure (making up stories). Or they can be attributed to someone seeking attention at any cost (insecure) by posting off-topic messages (smart-alec) they know will provoke a reaction.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 01:05 PM    Msg. 32 of 82       
Quote: CEO... three letters I have never before typed in that order the forum until now
He's right, I searched.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 05:01 PM    Msg. 33 of 82       
if your leaving change your avatar and quote, kthx

Ninjadude

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 05:44 PM    Msg. 34 of 82       
That's good news, I was avoiding this place after what happened with ODST last year.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 06:37 PM    Msg. 35 of 82       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
if your leaving change your avatar and quote, kthx

Ya, quit copying people. It's not funny or cool and you're the kind of person that would pull that crap Zira. /offtopic Conversation over.

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 1:09 AM 500 ms.
A Halo Maps Website