A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »scenery

Author Topic: scenery (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Aug 28, 2010 09:16 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
i have done tags for previous scenery models,but now after creating my models and physics folders iam supposed to save a file in the models folder called .jms the problem is i have no model exporter listed in the save type as.

i hope im explaining this properly and hope someone can help as i cant figure out why this is not giving me the save type option. thank you.

fixed!
Edited by ally on Aug 28, 2010 at 09:48 PM

Twinreaper

Posted: Aug 29, 2010 02:42 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Hey Ally, I am hoping you needed this info for Halo 2 Vista scenery items. Anytime you want to make a model to be used in Vista though, you will want to flip all normals before exporting the jms file. You need to do this because the Halo 1 system draws geometry in a different direction than Halo 2. All Halo 1 models if you were able to import directly into Halo 2 would, all be reversed. So, when you flip them ahead of time, you dont have to try and make GBXModel upgrader tool, try to flip them for you, which btw only works about 0.00000001% of the time.

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Aug 29, 2010 07:10 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
thanks for the extra info

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue May 26, 2020 7:49 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website