A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CE won't run?

Author Topic: CE won't run? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

hjm65

Oyashiro-sama is going to get you

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 06:34 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
When i try to start up CE it says that it failed to initialize direct 3D. Does anyone know about this problem?

chuck noris

Captin chuck noris i going to lead you to victory

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 06:49 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
i doubt its the vidio card so dont rush and buy one it works on my vidio card thats about 12 years old ...very badly i might add but still works reinstall it is it a pirited copy

Aj Ninami

Helps old ladies in need

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 07:08 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Chuck Norris
I doubt its the video card, so don't rush and buy one. It works on my video card that is about 12 years old, very badly I might add, but still works fine. Reinstall it. May I ask if it is a pirated copy?
\
FTFY

hjm65

Oyashiro-sama is going to get you

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 12:51 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: qwertyuiop
try reinstalling the game. if that doesnt work, its probably your video card... i think. does it normally work on the computer your using?

I just restarted my computer and reinstalled and it's working properly now.

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 01:44 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
lol i used ot get that error with my monitor. it was a crappy e machine from notso-bestbuy. if i ran a game that didnt start in 800x600 or 1366x768 id either get a grey "overheat" screen or failure to initialize direct3d. new monitor works just fine :P

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri April 3, 2020 1:30 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website