A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Coldsnap and HugeSnap

Author Topic: Coldsnap and HugeSnap (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Alley Cat

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 08:23 PM    Msg. 1 of 13       
These two maps are boring as well. If anyone is still reading ....

Hugesnap is boring just like Coldsnap.

The number of ways to cross the terrain (with hogs) need to be increased, not just limited to one bridge and tunnel (tunnel and hard- to-reach teleport only accessible by one of the teams)

If I could program Halo maps, I would make the flags a little easier to reach, the one flag reachable only by a thin rail is stupid and lower the number of sniper bullets to 8 or 16, not 240. Bring back classic Halo weapons and I would move the bases to the outside, removing the caves that the bases are located in.

Also remove the guass hog or force it to reload every 2 or 4 shots.

Introduce the bubble shield (as grenades), Banshee, Bulldog (bike), Defense Turrets (Covenant and Missile) and Tachocomas :D
Remove LS, Pelican, Gundams and mythos

New vehicle: halo 2 Banshee with 1 passenger capability on each wing.

Reworked vehicle: F 117 stealth jet or a Jet with 4 or 6 engines and capable of carrying up to 4 people. Weapons: limited missiles and some kind of defensive weapon

Replace Civilian Hog with KITT for Red Team and KARR for Blue Team !

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 08:43 PM    Msg. 2 of 13       
or we could delete them from the site and save millions of inoccent children from getting sucked into the custom of playing crappy maps xD

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 08:52 PM    Msg. 3 of 13       
lies Coldsnap is a really fun map. I enjoy it cause its something Creative instead of like the stupid 1,100 Blood Gulch mods out there!

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 08:55 PM    Msg. 4 of 13       
Hugeass was a terrible concept, a terrible BSP, and a terrible, unbalanced selection of weapons and vehicles. Its equivalent to those crappy maps with 10 poly's made by people who have little to no idea what they're doing. I cannot believe at all that it is the most popular map on Halomaps.

Coldsnap had an awesome BSP and concept, but it was poorly executed overall. The bases were terribly terrible, and were not balanced at all, even with the Mythos-Longsword face off thing. Weapons are also terrible, sniper rules over all jets rendering jets nearly useless. Vehicles are also unbalanced, hogs are useless, jets have little use and longswords are also quite horrid.

Hugeass is a lost cause, I believe Coldsnap could become so much better.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 10:36 PM    Msg. 5 of 13       
I would like the maps a little bit more if it didn't take several years to get from one base to the other. I remember I played CTF once on it, everyone else was obsessed with all the vehicles, so I just took a jet, and flew straight across for about 2 minutes, flew back, flew there again, flew back, flew there again (got attacked in the process, killed the guy), flew back. And game over. That was it. It was the worst game of Halo that I have ever played.

I think if anything is done to the maps, they should be REALLY downsized, and the terrain could be a little more interesting than a bunch of soft selection hills. Probably isn't a good idea to have the bases DIRECTLY across from each other either.

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 09:26 AM    Msg. 6 of 13       
hogs on coldsnap are practically useless, especially the missilehog.
the gunner combat range is pretty short, so that you'll get shot into oblivion before you can even get into range (it is only suited for surprise attacks)
i agree that these maps really need serious downsizing, any game with less than 6 players would become an endless finding rather than killing match within minutes.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 10:11 AM    Msg. 7 of 13       
I love coldsnap because it's just excessive fun. If your opponent decides to jet around, hey, go for that super cool shot to pick him off. Whoops , longsword? Relay your message to the AA battery hog and mythos. Jets swarming your pal? Gauss hog ready to deploy. It's very fun for me to just enjoy a game where you can play with a team , and takes a team effort to win. If you pay attention , Coldsnap has a habit of forming a group of people who will co-operate to win. Unlike all the other maps. Extinction is fun because of all the weird shiz you can do. Hugeass? It's exactly what it is. A huge ass full of crap. It can get frustrating , you spawn , there are no vehicles except hogs. The enemy has a longsword spamming nukes on the mythos tunnel, snipers on the ridge , you can't jet. If those things could be fixed , then it'd be pretty much awesome.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 11:44 PM    Msg. 8 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: gnademassica117
What is HugeSnap?

summer coldsnap

Mysterion

Nice shot, but too bad your @$$ just got SACKED!!!

Posted: Sep 3, 2010 10:49 PM    Msg. 9 of 13       
I love coldsnap due to its vastness, and endless possibilities. That is why I modded it as Coldsnapwar. Currently working on a new chapter for Coldsnapwar...lets just say, things are looking bad for UNSC forces!

Propast

Posted: Sep 4, 2010 04:25 AM    Msg. 10 of 13       
Agreed, coldsnap was too big. I tried driving the pelican and controls were bad. I haven't tried the other maps, but I wouldn't if they're as bad as coldsnap or a huge map.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Sep 4, 2010 11:31 AM    Msg. 11 of 13       
i Like the big maps cuase it makes it feel more like a battle field. you can attack on the ground in the skys or any where. sure it would be better if we could have 32 players, but halo dosnt allow it, so yeah I like it cause the guy tried doing something new.

Mysterion

Nice shot, but too bad your @$$ just got SACKED!!!

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 06:27 PM    Msg. 12 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: vampire_girl
Would it happen to involve a mysteron agent?
But how bad are we talking? Overwhelmed? Slightly annoyed? Or is that classified for now?

Covenant have crossed the bridge, advancing on the UNSC, and have infiltrated their base in the mountains...

CAG Gonzo

Retreat? Hell! We just got here!

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 12:42 AM    Msg. 13 of 13       
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=33513

If you all will kindly take a gander at my thread. It's for a remake of Extinction called Requiem. By remake I mean 'completely homemade BSP featuring many of the concepts in Extinction while offering a much wider, fairer, balanced, realistic, and accessible palette of vehicles, weapons, and other objects on an intriguing and fun to play in environment'. Since you all seem to have reasons for not liking some of these poorly designed, larger maps (and right now my map is about twice the area of Extinction, about 1.5 times the length in each direction, but I'm working to scale it down).

Please read most of the posts in that thread so you don't repeat anything. And be sure to chip in, even if it's something as small as changing the AR clip from 60 to 59. I want to make sure I get a lot of input so that when this thing goes public beta, there is a good reception and excellent public longevity within the community. Basically, I'm tailoring this thing to the input I get. Speak now or forever hold your peace (sorta).

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri May 29, 2020 3:59 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website