A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »halo reach bone yard v2 wip

Author Topic: halo reach bone yard v2 wip (30 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 10:07 PM    Msg. 1 of 30       
this is a map i have been working on for a while, i need someone to texture it for me once i'm done because my processor is too slow to texture anything, and i couldn't make a decent shader if my life depended on it, so if you are good at texturing, and don't mind making new textures and shaders, then please let me know

WM Blade

WORT WORT WHAT???

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 10:58 PM    Msg. 2 of 30       
It looks great man, it will have rech weapons? i mean decent reach weapons hahaha jk
will ya put the barricades and all like part of the BSP???

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 09:17 AM    Msg. 3 of 30       
yes pretty much everything you see in the real version will be in this one, and if some people in the halo ce section give me the models there might be halo reach weapons, and maybe vehicles too

WM Blade

WORT WORT WHAT???

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 12:32 PM    Msg. 4 of 30       
nice, also alll gametypes will be included rite?
Well as fot he weapons they've released the granade launher ^-^

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 02:19 PM    Msg. 5 of 30       
as of now nobody has been able to create a new game type so if by "all" the game types you meant invasion, then no, it not so much about getting the model for the weapon as it is, getting it in game, and kills alone is the only person who know how, and he is busy....

WM Blade

WORT WORT WHAT???

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 07:51 PM    Msg. 6 of 30       
no man, lol I was refering to the all gametypes in HCE I like them better ^-^

Shock120

Valve ftw

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 08:49 PM    Msg. 7 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: WM Blade
Don't expect a Race variant. :/

WM Blade

WORT WORT WHAT???

Posted: Sep 3, 2010 02:55 PM    Msg. 8 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Shock120

why not? its funny to stick vehicles and be flamed and cursed by everyone because you dely them

Twinreaper

Posted: Sep 4, 2010 12:09 PM    Msg. 9 of 30       

why not? its funny to stick vehicles and be flamed and cursed by everyone because you dely them

Because we cannot add any additional game modes to Halo 2. We would need to completely decompile the .exe file, which contains all necessary engine information, and tweak it to include the code for a "race variant". And besides that, I'm pretty sure noone outside of Microsoft affiliated studios, would know exactly how to layout and build a new game variant. It wouldn't be as simple as taking Halo 1 information, and applying it.

WM Blade

WORT WORT WHAT???

Posted: Sep 4, 2010 12:29 PM    Msg. 10 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper

Because we cannot add any additional game modes to Halo 2. We would need to completely decompile the .exe file, which contains all necessary engine information, and tweak it to include the code for a "race variant". And besides that, I'm pretty sure noone outside of Microsoft affiliated studios, would know exactly how to layout and build a new game variant. It wouldn't be as simple as taking Halo 1 information, and applying it.

LOL rite, theres no race in H2 xD

Twinreaper

Posted: Sep 4, 2010 03:58 PM    Msg. 11 of 30       
Yeah it sucks for sure. Race was one of my favorite gametypes....and headhunter (halo1) variant was great, having to kill people in order and so on. They got gameplay mechanics awesome with H2, and no other sequel has been as good as it was, but they really screwed us with eliminating classic gametypes. At least Bungie listened to us on that front with Reach. Although I am afraid Reach, may keep me from my H2 map making duties once it hits. But it's cool, I should be done playin it sometime in 2011!

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 12:32 PM    Msg. 12 of 30       
okay guys never mind about needing someone to texture this for me, what i do need is textures with the bitmaps and shaders, i'm no good at making shaders and i'm to lazy/occupied to learn how, so if you have some textures, shaders and bitmaps from maps you have been working on and they look like something you can see in pictures of bone yard then let me know, because half of what makes a map look good is the bitmaps

Twinreaper

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 02:50 PM    Msg. 13 of 30       
Actually Troy, the bitmaps and shaders from the earthcity_4 bsp would fit in nicely for that map. It even has shaders and bitmaps for girders, and cranes. Check my "tags" directory on the teams FTP dump. I believe I uploaded my entire "tags" diredtory there. I have everything you need done shader-wise, except for the girder shader. Which if you like, I can make that in about 10 seconds.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 08:35 PM    Msg. 14 of 30       
by earth city do you mean, the metropolis level?, i like some of the textures on there so yeah i would love to see some of them, also you know the red rock that is on beach battle and uplift, i kinda need some textures like that

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 09:44 PM    Msg. 15 of 30       
do you wanna make this map for CE? cuz that would be nice. there's already a powerhouse here:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5470

but it needs the weapons. all it has is an ok dmr. but the map is good.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 10:35 PM    Msg. 16 of 30       
i'm going to give the bsp to some guys i know in halo ce but i'm making it for halo 2, the halo 2 version will be more fun in my book, we already have a halo reach splazer, assault rifle, and grenade launcher model, so i just need a dmr, needle rifle, plasma repeater, and plasma launcher. and as for vehicles we just need to reskin some of the ones we already have

WM Blade

WORT WORT WHAT???

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 08:33 AM    Msg. 17 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: StatutoryTrOy
i'm going to give the bsp to some guys i know in halo ce but i'm making it for halo 2, the halo 2 version will be more fun in my book, we already have a halo reach splazer, assault rifle, and grenade launcher model, so i just need a dmr, needle rifle, plasma repeater, and plasma launcher. and as for vehicles we just need to reskin some of the ones we already have

how about Rneedler? the sharp needles look +awesome than the h1,h2,h3 ones
also RPP and RPlasmarepeter?
Edited by WM Blade on Sep 6, 2010 at 08:34 AM

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 11:16 AM    Msg. 18 of 30       
there's a good DMR in this map if you can get it:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5473

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 12:20 PM    Msg. 19 of 30       
thanks dark but i think that dmr would need way to much work to get it looking good, i know someone who might be able to get me elephants dmr, if not i will probably make one myself, i'm okay with modeling stuff, but modeling a good looking weapon takes several hours, so if i can i want to use other peoples weapons, but like i said i don't mind modeling, what i really need is textures and lots of them, do you know where i can get the texture that is on the floor in griff ball arena (a halo 2 custom map where you start out with grav hammers and swords)

Twinreaper

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 02:52 PM    Msg. 20 of 30       
Not sure if you have a Reach assault rifle model yet Troy, but if you don't, I believe it was NotZachary over at RM, that has one working in-game, that syncs up with the battle rifle animations. I can get it for you if you want?

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 04:09 PM    Msg. 21 of 30       
thanks twin, but i actually know someone on the rfu team and he just released his model and will release his textures pretty soon, but if that doesn't work out then i will take you up on your offer

Twinreaper

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 04:30 PM    Msg. 22 of 30       
Nice to see you released our teams Boneyard map...looks awesome bro! I never seem to catch you outside of the forums, to check up and see how progress is going. If you didn't hear, I got my HEK stuff straightened out, so I can resume project work and help test stuff now.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 05:03 PM    Msg. 23 of 30       
To anyone interested, the respawns on Team Slayer need to be fixed. Please let us now of any other issues you notice.

We are running Boneyard V1 Invasion mode on a couple of the custom MonstrMoose servers: it is much like CTF 1-Flag but with rather specific spawns and respawns.

Also, Tr0y, the variant you gave me uses the default time-limit, so a round resets after 8 minutes, is that to fast for a round to restart?

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 05:34 PM    Msg. 24 of 30       
it doesn't have to be 8 minutes, but there does have to be a round time limit or else the game will get dragged out into a 3 hour game just because one side isn't good enough to score, i looked at a game on youtube and it seems that an invasion game has a round time limit that changes when they unlock new sections of the map (i think) and the total amount of time adds up to about 9 to 12 minutes.

@twin yeah i haven't talked to you in a long time, if we meet on halo 2 i have 2 maps to show you, and if you liked bone yard v1 then you are going to have a heart attack once you see v2 (but in a good way) also once i finish boneyard v2 then we need to get working on forge world asap! i don't see the terrain (on forge world) being a problem i just think we are going to need some really good textures (you should learn how to use photo shop so we can make the grass look good)
Edited by StatutoryTrOy on Sep 6, 2010 at 05:38 PM

WM Blade

WORT WORT WHAT???

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 02:45 PM    Msg. 25 of 30       
godamn it your are doing forgeworld?!?!? here.... take my cookie jar hahahaha
srly, you are going to make all the reach maps?

Twinreaper

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 03:57 PM    Msg. 26 of 30       
Already on top of the textures Troy! I also have Photoshop CS2 and Elements 6, complete with a wide variety of 3rd party plugins, for all our texture needs. The only problem I do see, is the amount of vertices and faces. I'm still trying to get my Detention map compiling, but it either always fails at "portalization, or the dreaded "cluster#0 too many..." errors.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 07:17 PM    Msg. 27 of 30       
yeah we definitely need all the reach weapons we can get, btw do you know how to get the models in game?

SNYPE

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 07:53 AM    Msg. 28 of 30       
I am very impressed. My team might make use of this on the way to the first Halo: Reach combine in DC. It's a 12 hour drive and we don't have a feasible way of setting up a 360 in a packed rental minivan. However, the two of us that have decent enough laptops to run this could probably set up a little LAN on the way. Is there any chance this will be done before October 14th? It would definitely make things easier/cheaper.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 02:12 PM    Msg. 29 of 30       
i'm not sure i understand your predicament, but yes i'm pretty sure it will be done before then

higuy0909

Posted: Sep 29, 2010 11:31 AM    Msg. 30 of 30       
MMM power house would be awesome to with reach weapons :)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu February 27, 2020 2:54 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website