A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[WIP]Medical Block

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: [WIP]Medical Block (63 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 01:06 AM    Msg. 1 of 63       
Hi, and welcome to Lumoria. Erm, Medical Block...

-What is this anyway?-

Well, Medical Block was originally intended to be a custom single player map under a different name, but due to the vast amount of work for one person, it was dropped. Now it will simply become a multiplayer map. The BSP has been changed to fit more of a multiplayer layout. However I did this a long time ago and I never really anticipated how the level would play out. This was a mistake, but I probably won't change it. I might start a new map after the release of this one, using this maps custom tagset, but next time I will try to predict how the level will play out and also add in some vertical gameplay.

The layout of the map can be seen here:

Don't ask about the unnecessary flashiness of the picture. I was bored.

A very hardcore intense gameplay video can be seen here: http://www.xfire.com/video/359f0a/

-Wait, did you say custom tagset?-

Yes. Yes I did. This map will feature its own arsenal of custom weapon that I created myself.

Here are some pictures:

The pistol

A standard fast firing pistol with an 8 round clip.

The assault rifle

Mostly the same as the default Halo 1 assault rifle but slightly more accurate and powerful but with only 30 rounds per magazine.

The Sub-Machine-Gun

An inaccurate 48 round clip weapon with a suppressor.

The Shotgun

I am not to sure what basic stats this weapon will obtain, but I am thinking of lowering the clip and upgrading the damage.

The Marksman Rifle

I plan this weapon to function like the DMR seen in Halo: Reach.

The Incendiary Grenade

You throw it, it detonates leaving a small "bond fire".

The Frag Grenade

Basically the Halo 1 grenade, but with a fuse.

These weapons aren't really tagged yet, but the models are in-game. If you have some ideas concerning the stats of the weapons, shout them out. I would like the suggestions, as long as long as they help "balance" the tagset.

-There's custom gun's but, is there a custom player model?-

Not right now. I have tried to model a modern military biped, but it never did turn out that great. I am not that great with organics. I might try again, but if it doesn't turn out that great, I think I'll stick with the cyborg. If it comes to this, I do want to improve the shaders, but I am not very skilled in that area.

-What is there left to be done?-

-Weapon tagging
-Unwrapping and textureing the weapons
-And first person animations *top priority*

I can probably handle the tagging and textureing myself, but I NEED somebody that can make decent quality first person animations. If you are interested in animating these weapons for me please show me some of your work via this thread or PM. By the way, these models are only in .gmax format, but I can still give the .GBXmodel to those who animate in 3ds max.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 01:17 AM    Msg. 2 of 63       
Those hallways remind me SO MUCH of when the harvesters attach on Star Trek Elite Force. Looks pretty sweet!

Pretty awesome stuff you got there. Loving the weaps

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 01:27 AM    Msg. 3 of 63       
the first few pictures reminded me of left 4 dead.

Nice map, im looking forward to its release

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 01:29 AM    Msg. 4 of 63       

WM Blade

WORT WORT WHAT???

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 01:35 AM    Msg. 5 of 63       
it kinda remind me of lost... the medical bunker xD

Propast

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 01:40 AM    Msg. 6 of 63       
The map looks great. I like how you made some of the walls destroyed and a collapsed path way. The gun models look good too can't wait for the release.

Advancebo

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 06:07 AM    Msg. 7 of 63       
lighting is okay, maybe tone it down, shadowy hallways, and flickering lights.

Advancebo

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 06:12 AM    Msg. 8 of 63       
i lol'd.

Glitcherguy

I should really put a clever quote here...

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 06:13 AM    Msg. 9 of 63       
Does Martyn have to much time on his hands? Looks like he doesn't have anything better to do than to spam this forum.

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 07:10 AM    Msg. 10 of 63       
The modern weapons along with the medical block remind me of SWAT.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 04:57 PM    Msg. 11 of 63       
Make this a Zombies map!

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 05:13 PM    Msg. 12 of 63       
reminds me of the hospitial level in L4D

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 05:34 PM    Msg. 13 of 63       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
lighting is okay, maybe tone it down, shadowy hallways, and flickering lights.

Yeah the lighting in the rooms is too bright, but I think the hallways arn't that bad. Also, I don't think gmax can bake lightmaps, so radiosity will do. What quality should I run it on? The current one is 0 (as seen in pics).

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Make this a Zombies map!

The campaign that this was supposed to be was actually intended to be a zombies map.

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 06:02 PM    Msg. 14 of 63       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ro0ster

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Make this a Zombies map!

The campaign that this was supposed to be was actually intended to be a zombies map.

No wonder it has a left4dead type of look

Advancebo

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 06:36 PM    Msg. 15 of 63       
Wait, so you can just go straight down the hallway to the flags? As in you can see the flags straight across? That won't make for good gameplay.

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 07:01 PM    Msg. 16 of 63       
Advancebo is right, any player can just go through the middle hallway, grab the flag, then rush back down the middle. Other players will probably be occupied in the side hallways, unable to attack the flag carrier.

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 07:22 PM    Msg. 17 of 63       
Yeah, but the map was mostly made for slayer. CTF is definatly the worst gametype for this. I wanted to enable all gametypes. I don't know where else to put the flags and still keep the symetrical feel as the map is symetrical in layout, but graphically it isn't. The video was only really to show off the awesome flags. If theres somewhere better to place the flags on this current layout please tell me, but as I said, I want it to remain symmetrical.
Edited by Ro0ster on Sep 7, 2010 at 07:23 PM

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 07:26 PM    Msg. 18 of 63       
Put one flag in like, the top right corner, and the other in the bottom left. I would even model a little room at those corners to house the flag.

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 07:33 PM    Msg. 19 of 63       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Put one flag in like, the top right corner, and the other in the bottom left. I would even model a little room at those corners to house the flag.

Make sure that the damaged part of the hallway isn't too obstructive though, so that both routes are good for going for the flag.

I wouldn't do the room idea though, because somebody could easily camp at the entrance of the room making it hard for somebody to get the flag. This could easily be fixed if you add multiple entrances to the room, however.

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 07:39 PM    Msg. 20 of 63       
I don't really want to touch the BSP as gmax takes forever to export. And the top right and bottom left make it unsymetrical. It's really not that big of a deal, but I did want it to be symetrical.

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 07:55 PM    Msg. 21 of 63       
You could add a locked door blocking that hallway, but that minimizes the number of routes a person can take to get the flag.

I would keep it as is, because the pros outweigh the cons when its like that IMO.

Hs_crozzhair

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 08:58 PM    Msg. 22 of 63       
How come instead of DOORS you used holes in the walls? I just thought of that.

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 09:15 PM    Msg. 23 of 63       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hs_crozzhair
How come instead of DOORS you used holes in the walls? I just thought of that.

Before, there were only doors, but It got a little repeatative and I ramdomly got the idea of using holes so I replaced some doors with holes.

Come to think of it, I never really even showed doors in the screenshots.
Edited by Ro0ster on Sep 7, 2010 at 09:16 PM

Advancebo

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 09:46 PM    Msg. 24 of 63       
Just block the flag hallway with doors, like this:

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 10:03 PM    Msg. 25 of 63       
I don't really want to touch the BSP as gmax takes forever to export. And the top right and bottom left make it unsymetrical. It's really not that big of a deal, but I did want it to be symetrical.

Yeah actually I just realized that, my mistake, I thought your bsp was completely symmetrical, but you've got those rooms on the left side. If it were me, I'd detach the bottom half, flip, reattach it, and then to the top left bottom right thing, Bo's door idea is a good solution too I guess though.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 12:22 AM    Msg. 26 of 63       
Grenades and snipers will kill here. Enlarge the hallways to the length of a hog. Enlarge the map overall , and include more cover along the hallways. Environment related cover like cabinets , medical trolleys overturned , fire extinguisher (Cases? Idk , those things that contain a hose.) protruding from walls. Just sayin , the environment right now looks kind of bland.

antiblood

Hail satan, smoke mehth

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 12:52 AM    Msg. 27 of 63       
i say add another floor to the map :)

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 10:35 PM    Msg. 28 of 63       
Quote: --- Original message by: antiblood
i say add another floor to the map :)

:P i say add a basement where u cant see a thing :P

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 10:45 PM    Msg. 29 of 63       
I say I beta test it.

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 10:52 PM    Msg. 30 of 63       
I want the weapons done before I do any beta testing.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 11:10 PM    Msg. 31 of 63       
What's left to be done? (Weapons wise)

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 05:41 PM    Msg. 32 of 63       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
What's left to be done? (Weapons wise)
Basically taging, animations and texturing. I still haven't unwraped all the weapons.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 06:38 PM    Msg. 33 of 63       
I like this bsp, but...
Lighting/shaders could be better. The mood is awesome in the hallways, but the medical rooms are really bright and colorful. Don;t make the floor so bright, and the flouro lights should be in the center of the room OR on the wall away from the hallways.
Have a flickering light or sparks somewhere. I suggest sparks, because flicker lights are dynamic/laggy.
As much as we would like another story, how? Ladders/ramps make little sense in a medical block, right? I say the one-story is okay, but if you could model a staircase that's wide enough that would be cool. Maybe the upper level is brighter, with windows or skylight.
If you could, please model the metal racks into the bsp. They are horribly lit as scenery.

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 07:05 PM    Msg. 34 of 63       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
I like this bsp, but...
Lighting/shaders could be better. The mood is awesome in the hallways, but the medical rooms are really bright and colorful. Don;t make the floor so bright, and the flouro lights should be in the center of the room OR on the wall away from the hallways.
Have a flickering light or sparks somewhere. I suggest sparks, because flicker lights are dynamic/laggy.
As much as we would like another story, how? Ladders/ramps make little sense in a medical block, right? I say the one-story is okay, but if you could model a staircase that's wide enough that would be cool. Maybe the upper level is brighter, with windows or skylight.
If you could, please model the metal racks into the bsp. They are horribly lit as scenery.

The lighting is just radiosity quality 0 and I have litle experience with shaders. Most of em are just diffuse. And the metal racks are part of the BSP. Everything here is in the BSP. The only scenery I have is the animated fan.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 07:16 PM    Msg. 35 of 63       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
I like this bsp, but...

The lighting is just radiosity quality 0 and I have litle experience with shaders. Most of em are just diffuse. And the metal racks are part of the BSP. Everything here is in the BSP. The only scenery I have is the animated fan.
Oh, awesome. Get someone reliable to help you with shaders.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri January 24, 2020 4:04 AM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website