A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »RCMT Recruitment thread

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: RCMT Recruitment thread (38 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

crudeowl

*SPOILER* Jesus dies in the bible

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 09:08 PM    Msg. 1 of 38       
Rebellion Campaign Mapping Team

Here's what I plan on being in it.

7-10 single player maps.

I want them HUGE, LONG(no pun intended) maps that take a good 40 minutes like each map have about 5 miles to go through.

But I don't want it to feel super long so 5-13 objectives in each one instead of just activating a control panel to get the next area, I want it to have a more of a variety of objectives.(I have ALOT of different objective ideas for each level)

Better/new animations for everything(Deaths, falling, jumping, melee, etc)More advanced or something different. I want a jumping sway animation, you know where you jump and you lift your gun up due to force.

New voice acting(need mature voices and people who actually gets in character)

New character models I want the rebels to look different from UNSC forces

Textures cause I don't have Photoshop or the knowledge for it

New vehicles and weapons

You WILL be fighting UNSC forces not just covenant

Noble 6 and chief models, animations and such

Dog fight mission

Custom UI

AND ALOT MORE
Yes, there are spoilers but you don't know what their role is, I am not discussing the story on the thread cause spoilers.

As you can see, way to much for one person and I need a team for this, I can animate and model out the maps and texture, but not everything else, not without the knowledge. Anyone that are willing to help will be greatly appreciated, this is a team effort.

Positions available:
Texturing
Scripting
animating
rigging
weapon modeling/design
character modeling/design
vehicle modeling/design
Map modeling/design
UI modeling/design
Sound Effects
Voice acting.

Guys I really would like help on this so please respond.
Edited by crudeowl on Sep 9, 2010 at 09:11 PM
Edited by crudeowl on Sep 9, 2010 at 09:14 PM

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 09:12 PM    Msg. 2 of 38       
There are a lot of things on that list, are you sure you know what you're doing? Could we have some information on what you're going to be making?

crudeowl

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 09:14 PM    Msg. 3 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: AGLion
There are a lot of things on that list, are you sure you know what you're doing? Could we have some information on what you're going to be making?
What kind of info are you wanting? Also I need info on how many polies can be on a single BSP and how BSP's work everything else isn't going to be to terribly hard.
Edited by crudeowl on Sep 9, 2010 at 09:18 PM

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 09:27 PM    Msg. 4 of 38       
i can help with scripting and possibly custom animations i can't do fp (animations won't export) =P but i can help with the scripting if this team actually goes some where. lol a lot of newer mapping teams tend to die off pretty quickly.

crudeowl

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 09:35 PM    Msg. 5 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: d4rfnader
i can help with scripting and possibly custom animations i can't do fp (animations won't export) =P but i can help with the scripting if this team actually goes some where. lol a lot of newer mapping teams tend to die off pretty quickly.
I want this to go through, this campaign is bothering me, it has to be mad...But if people do decide to help then yeah it goes somewhere, if not, i'll just stick to the tags on halomaps and make the BSP's and learn to script the events.
Edited by crudeowl on Sep 9, 2010 at 09:35 PM

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 09:35 PM    Msg. 6 of 38       
Like give us some background information on what you plan on making as a map, what you're gonna put in it, what's gonna set it apart from other maps, etc.

Number of poly's in a BSP depends, as far as I know. I'm pretty sure you can have as many as you want, but the higher it is, the longer it takes to render and the more lag it is going to create.

d4rfnader

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 09:39 PM    Msg. 7 of 38       
yeah more background info would be best and if they're going to be longer levels it's best to make small bsp's that can be linked together using trigger volumes.

crudeowl

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:12 PM    Msg. 8 of 38       
On background, The 1st level is somewhere in a make-believe system, after that its on a planet in the book Fall of Reach before the covenant invasion, don't remember what its called but i'll find out.

when it comes to on foot combat, the area will be small to medium size, vehicle combat areas are medium to large, air-vehicular combet areas are large to extra large(like coldsnap extra large)

um, i'm not quite sure what you mean by background. Everything that I think of is some sorta background.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:22 PM    Msg. 9 of 38       
Wow! Tis sounds a lot like something us at UNMT want to do after we release our first MP map.
Not here to say I want to join or anything, but I hope this works out. It would be nice to have some new SP maps.

Smmt

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:24 PM    Msg. 10 of 38       
I would love to beta test this map. :P

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:32 PM    Msg. 11 of 38       
Best wishes , but I doubt this will get anywhere anytime soon.

crudeowl

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:34 PM    Msg. 12 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
Best wishes , but I doubt this will get anywhere anytime soon.
well like I said, if not enough people join, i'll just stick with the tags on halomaps

d4rfnader

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:36 PM    Msg. 13 of 38       
like i said though i can help you with scripting and custom animations if it begins to go somewhere. and what i mean by background was do you have any of the bsp's partially done?

crudeowl

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:42 PM    Msg. 14 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: d4rfnader
like i said though i can help you with scripting and custom animations if it begins to go somewhere. and what i mean by background was do you have any of the bsp's partially done?
I have alittle of the second level and I want to know do I make BSP's do I make the entire map then chop it up and put em in another max file?

EDIT: i'm going for the night.
Edited by crudeowl on Sep 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM

DEEhunter

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 11:14 PM    Msg. 15 of 38       
I don't see much potential in this mod.
Is there at least a fan fiction the campaign is based on?

warchieftain

Tar-21 ftw

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 11:42 PM    Msg. 16 of 38       
I dont thank that at the current moment halomaps has much to offer in terms of tags for halo reach expect for mabye reach_artest, having said that i wish you the best of luck, but start small and take things one step at a time.

A lot of new map teams die because they catch what i like to call "CMT-itis", i.e. plan so much stuff that in the end they only accomplish less than half of what they had planned to do.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 12:23 AM    Msg. 17 of 38       
This is a rather huge project to be tackling. You do realize that in the half a dozen years this thing has been out, no one's ever done an entirely custom campaign, right? I can't count on my 2 hands the number of people who have tried, though...

Like many, I'd like to see this made, but have my doubts. If more progress is shown then I'd be willing to animate or something.

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 04:24 AM    Msg. 18 of 38       
Quote: I'd like to see this made

crudeowl

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 11:11 PM    Msg. 19 of 38       
I'm right now in the making of the 3rd or 4th, as soon as I am done with the 1st half i'll take some screenies, note that all i'm am doing at this time is carving the levels out, so it will be untextured.
Edited by crudeowl on Sep 10, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 01:54 AM    Msg. 20 of 38       
i think i qualify for the following:
weapon modeling/design
vehicle modeling/design
Map modeling/design

peruse my Pbucket page: http://www.photobucket.com/rhp_redhaze

crudeowl

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 09:43 AM    Msg. 21 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Geared
weapon modeling/design
vehicle modeling/design
Map modeling/design

those guns look great, i'd like it if you could be on the team, but lets wait an see if everyone is satisfied with the 3rd level BSP's 1st

Those guns look like they belong to a rebellion group due to the lack of funds to purchase more advanced weapons, they have to upgrade them their selves. So those guns might be rebel weapons if you'll let us use them when the team decides to work together.

here are the weapons that will be nice:

Nail gun: http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/RHP_RedHaze/?action=view¤t=00a3bda4.jpg

Light machine gun: http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/RHP_RedHaze/?action=view¤t=8844e0fb.jpg

Sniper: http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/RHP_RedHaze/?action=view¤t=e299cce6.jpg

Grenade launcher: http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/RHP_RedHaze/?action=view¤t=12badf5c.jpg

Assault rifle: http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/RHP_RedHaze/?action=view¤t=h3_lmg-1.jpg

Oh you even made a modified Halo CE assault rifle: http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/RHP_RedHaze/?action=view¤t=h3_hmg.jpg

Prototype?: http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/RHP_RedHaze/?action=view¤t=pulverizer.jpg

Ghetto laser: http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/RHP_RedHaze/?action=view¤t=spliker2.png

Basically what i'm getting is that they have to make custom upgrades to their weapons to keep them effective against enemies.

There are alot of awesome weapon design's there, but we can only choose a hand full unfortunately :(

You also seem to be very good at designing man made objects.
Edited by crudeowl on Sep 11, 2010 at 09:58 AM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 11:43 AM    Msg. 22 of 38       
Your bound to crash into the ground with this project. You do not realize how long it takes to male even 30 minutes long for one mission.

crudeowl

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 12:32 PM    Msg. 23 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Your bound to crash into the ground with this project. You do not realize how long it takes to male even 30 minutes long for one mission.
OMG, I tried to put cliff textures on the mountains and it exited out gmax deleting all of my progrees UUUUGGGHHHH I hate gmax, I wish I had my 3ds max but that is on my other pc and that one has a malware virus.

Another note, where's masterryan, haven't seen him since we were making that little thingie months ago.
Edited by crudeowl on Sep 11, 2010 at 12:35 PM

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 01:05 PM    Msg. 24 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: crudeowl

OMG, I tried to put cliff textures on the mountains and it exited out gmax deleting all of my progrees UUUUGGGHHHH I hate gmax, I wish I had my 3ds max but that is on my other pc and that one has a malware virus.

Another note, where's masterryan, haven't seen him since we were making that little thingie months ago.
WTf. Posts like this amke me angry. Gmaz has autoback too, you know. Go to the autoback folder (and make sure you're viewing all fietypes).
If you need help streamlining your gmax process please ask me.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 09:59 PM    Msg. 25 of 38       

What does Ctrl+S do o_O

Architect of Halo

Justice for all

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 10:04 PM    Msg. 26 of 38       
Are you sure that your BSP tags will be able to handle all of this stuff?

Whenever I put more than a few tags (with that kind of size), tool couldn't compile the map.

crudeowl

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 04:15 PM    Msg. 27 of 38       
Hey i'm trying to take a screenshot of my progress with level 4, can someone help?

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 04:45 PM    Msg. 28 of 38       
print screen button on ur keyboard :P then paste in paint or photoshop

crudeowl

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 07:11 PM    Msg. 29 of 38       
print screen button on ur keyboard :P then paste in paint or photoshop
Where does the screen shot go?

Advancebo

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 07:32 PM    Msg. 30 of 38       
It is copied, and saved temporary. You have to go into MSPaint, and Edit>Paste (Ctrl+V) it. Then just save it as a JPG file.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 07:44 PM    Msg. 31 of 38       
weapon modeling/design
vehicle modeling/design
Map modeling/design

Just curious what game is that with the soldier and the soccer ball?

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 07:53 PM    Msg. 32 of 38       
buckets of blood foreign legion, its like 3 dollars on steam:P i took the screen cause there was a chicken sticking out of the dead enemy's buttocks.

crudeowl

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 08:04 PM    Msg. 33 of 38       

d4rfnader

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 09:51 PM    Msg. 34 of 38       
wow, looks nice very big area too.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.Ē ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 09:52 PM    Msg. 35 of 38       
Hey i'm trying to take a screenshot of my progress with level 4, can someone help?
Enable the -screenshot command line argument and every time you push [PrnScrn] a *.tga file will be written to the \screenshot folder.

How to configure Halo CE for Screenshots and Console
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=319

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat April 4, 2020 11:22 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website