A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »has anyone thought of this

Author Topic: has anyone thought of this (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

tango

tango219 here permission to nuke his ass "sir"

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 11:17 PM    Msg. 1 of 16       
yea this is something many probably have thought of i just wanted to let it out how about if some one makes a forge world map thats open so any one can make tere own variants

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 11:33 PM    Msg. 2 of 16       
Actually this is one thing that I am almost 100% sure can not be accomplished. The most that has been done in the way of forge, is to be able to control a scenery or something already in a map.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 11:45 PM    Msg. 3 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
Actually this is one thing that I am almost 100% sure can not be accomplished. The most that has been done in the way of forge, is to be able to control a scenery or something already in a map.

and that is where you are wrong. It can be done but is quite glitchy. All it does is use Scenery as vehicles and uses the hog pelican pick up script. some one had it on here before.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 12:28 AM    Msg. 4 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

and that is where you are wrong. It can be done but is quite glitchy. All it does is use Scenery as vehicles and uses the hog pelican pick up script. some one had it on here before.

Yeah, I saw that, that's what I was referring to in my last sentence
But you can not purchase new scenery I do not believe. Unless, someone was to make a scenery dispenser perhaps. Would that work?

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 12:36 AM    Msg. 5 of 16       
You could easily purchase new scenery, use the script like Heretic Firefight and Firefight-Portent.

The problem is, how would you be able to make the scenery clip through other objects, make them stay in place, or storing all that data? Not to mention saving a map variant and sharing it with others.

When somebody joins another server running this Forge World map, they will also probably not be able to see or interact with whatever the host made (or it would act something like ai). They also won't be able to create other objects without something like the rcon.

In my mind, it's not at all worth all the trouble. Sapien is as close as we'll get to forge.
Edited by AGLion on Sep 12, 2010 at 12:39 AM

tango

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 12:39 AM    Msg. 6 of 16       
what i ment when i first said my idea was that if they made a copy of the forge world map
then with hek and things like that they could make there own map varients

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 12:46 AM    Msg. 7 of 16       
An exact or even similar one would likely be nearly impossible. Halo Reach uses this funky impostering system (bungie made a word 0_0) which allows them to render all the polygons and crap they want without sacrificing performance. Halo CE has nothing like this.

Now, if you were to make the 5 different sections of Forge World in 5 different maps, then it would probably work better. All you need is somebody to go through the trouble to do that :P.

tango

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 12:49 AM    Msg. 8 of 16       
yea but rpg_beta6.2 is larger than forge world (and since ce has no impostering its still dam good) so yea they might be able to if they took the time

hjm65

Oyashiro-sama is going to get you

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 01:01 AM    Msg. 9 of 16       
How about someone just make a forge world with all the maps on it?

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 01:40 AM    Msg. 10 of 16       
they poly cont on such a map would be so high ce would jsut die

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 04:35 AM    Msg. 11 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Geared
they poly cont on such a map would be so high ce would jsut die

nope bg + ascension is as many polys as snow grove i think. if you know how to portal it all right >:D

tango

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 12:53 AM    Msg. 12 of 16       
guys if you look at forge world then rpgbeta6_2 there pretty much the same size so it should be possible

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 01:04 AM    Msg. 13 of 16       
They're the same size, but I would guess Forge World has about 3x the polies.

Hs_crozzhair

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 04:47 PM    Msg. 14 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
They're the same size, but I would guess Forge World has about 300x the polies.

Make it low-poly?

tango

Posted: Sep 29, 2010 08:28 AM    Msg. 15 of 16       
That could work but who would make the map

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Sep 29, 2010 11:40 AM    Msg. 16 of 16       
Pretty much useless atm... the closest guess is Sapien. Besides, it'S fun because we are Not restricted to one BSP. Blood Gulch has often been used as the ground for all mods and things akin, then it became RPG_Beta4 because it was basically a big barren terrain with islands and cliffs and a ship. RPG_beta6 was just released as openned so chances are many mods will pop out too... Really unless someone finds a way to share variants created in game and have it all no buggy and everything, then there's no point in spending tmie. Then again, it's better wasting time there than modelling yet another battle rifle, no?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 6:37 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website