A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Hello all, Axthony here with another bitmap error - this time...

Author Topic: Hello all, Axthony here with another bitmap error - this time... (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Axthony

Posted: Sep 22, 2010 02:16 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Basically, I scrapped the whole ground bitmap tutorials show you to use and made a metal / ice ground using textures from the tutorial folder. (So basically no explicit alpha deal, do I need one?)

I copied each file location for each texture I used (total of 4-5 I think) and used those locations for the name of the texture in 3ds Max 2011, I think I remembered from a video or something to do that, so tool would recognize it when it built tags or compiled or something? I could be wrong, but anyhow..

Everything shows great in 3ds Max, but I am having issues building tags for those. I copied and put the bitmap images I was using into my mapname bitmaps folder, but when I go to build the tags, it creates them as DXT1 tags automatically ... I have tried every combination possible (Opening guerilla and changing the file type (16 bit, 32 bit, monchrome, and the others) and then recreated the tags, and compiled the scenario. I also added water to this map, and that tag works fine.

No matter what though, after I open sapien, run radiosity, none of my textures show up. No matter how I change the tags. The whole level is gray, but the water is fine.

Any help? Thanks

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 05:22 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Use 3ds Max

But seriously, you need to go to the shader_environment tags and put the bitmap paths in the base map field, as well as needed detail maps/bump map.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Sep 23, 2010 at 05:22 AM

Axthony

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 03:21 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Yes, I just remembered to do that, running radiosity now, it should work fine.

I use 3ds Max 2011.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 11, 2019 6:52 PM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website