A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Help with DEV Trainer Please.

Author Topic: Help with DEV Trainer Please. (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

rogerw99

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 01:34 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I just bought H2V & received ver 107 in the box. I am running Win7-64 Home. I have searched everywhere for a trainer that will work, and failed. The closest I have come is with H2VDevTrainer. Following the post here, I have tried with & without the injector. I always get the load message, the opening facebook(doesn't happen) and then nothing. Waited 15 minutes & still nothing. Opened TaskMan and can see Halo32.exe process running. I've tried multiple compatability modes, but no help.
Is there any way to get this to work or for PAULUS to update it?
Is there any way for me to downgrade to a lower version like 104? Some way to force the 104 update to run?

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 07:04 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=32922

Here, go to the last post (My post) and do what it says. It should work then.

rogerw99

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 10:54 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
I had found your post earlier before posting my problem and tried it. Same results, nothing happens.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 01:56 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Are you sure? You dont start halo 2. As soon as you find Halo2.exe you inject it and it should start by itself. What version of H2 are you using?

rogerw99

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 02:04 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Version 107 out of the box.
I got it figured out. What I did not say in my first post was that when I downloaded the H2VDevTrainer, it was the Installer version. When it installed, it created a new folder in the main halo 2 folder called "plugins" and it put the DevTrainer.dll in it. When I did a manual install, I had put everything in the main halo 2 folder without thinking & ran the injector one last time as directed by Skyancez3o4, and it worked. So when Skyancez3o4 said...
Quote: Here use this one. It's pretty easy to use but I'll post a little tutorial anyways.

1:Start the injector
2:make sure you have all the .dll files in your halo 2 folder
3: Where it says .dll on the injector, browse to the Devtrainer.dll
4:Where it says process, browse to your halo2.exe
5: click inject and it should load halo2 automatically.

Line 2 literally means ALL H2VDevTrainer & Injector files must be in the "Halo 2" main folder. I didn't get that when using the installer.
So thanks for the advice, now that I understand better what is required, I'm good to go.
Edited by rogerw99 on Sep 25, 2010 at 02:06 AM
Edited by rogerw99 on Sep 25, 2010 at 02:07 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 2:12 AM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website