A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Flip problem

Author Topic: Flip problem (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Pacifici

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 09:09 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Ok, so I'm completely new to all of the likes of this but have essential computer skills. A problem I have when going through a tutorial is that when i go to flip a box it turns black instead of transperant. If you could help it would get me moving!

Thanks. Nick

cytronix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjt1iuwPCBg&NR=1

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 11:41 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
go to the edit at the top of your 3ds max or gmax window,then click on object properties...
then near the bottom in the section called(display properties),click on the box beside(backface cull) then click okay and thats it done.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 08:57 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Lol, I remember not knowing how to backface cull, I made an entire indoor map by having to get the camera inside the model at all times.

Thank God I figured it out later on. XD

GameCreat0r

"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written..."

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 10:29 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Lol, I remember not knowing how to backface cull, I made an entire indoor map by having to get the camera inside the model at all times.

Thank God I figured it out later on. XD

Yea I remeber that I had that since I went from using gmax to 3ds max. Lucaly I found the solution for it about 1 minuut ago .

Edit:
after trying it I remeber that I knew this before but I must have forgotten. I was too lazy to searche for it again :P.

I also have an other problem btw. When I use the orbit tool it orbits around the thing I got selected. Is there an other posibility like making it orbit around the point I want or around the center while I got some other object selected?

Edited by Niels on Sep 24, 2010 at 10:32 AM

cytronix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjt1iuwPCBg&NR=1

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 01:57 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
i lol'd MoooseGuy, that must have took some going to do it that way.that's dedication.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 04:55 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
lol ive been doing that the entire time ive been modelling lol. i just hide the sky. of coarse if you're doing an indoor map then yea you're screwd.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 07:03 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Lol yeah that map (Forgotten) was completely indoor.
Turned out being a crappy map in the end, just look it up on Halomaps.
Good thing I've gotten better, lol.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Sep 27, 2010 at 07:03 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue January 28, 2020 12:28 AM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website