A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Halo Combat Evolved sounds.

Author Topic: Halo Combat Evolved sounds. (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Atlas Tasume

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 02:36 PM    Msg. 1 of 10       
Hello everyone!

Firstly, I would like to interduce myself. My name is Atlas Tasume, and I am, like most others here, into the Halo universe. I am new to modding and these kinds of stuff in general, but atleast I know what I am doing. But please, go easy on me, since I am new to this kind of stuff.

Now, enough of that and onto the subject:

I am currently working on a Halo project myself, but for it, I need to extract Halo CE's campaign sound files. That includes spoken dialouges, gun sounds, vehicle sounds etc etc. Personnaly, I have little to no clue on how to do this. Anyone knowing how to do it, or know a link to a good guide? Please help me out if you do.

Thank you in advance, Atlas Tasume

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 02:51 PM    Msg. 2 of 10       
Extract tags from the campaign levels, or download them (All of those tags are in packs here on Halomaps).
Then put them in your tags folder and use them as you wish. ^^

Atlas Tasume

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 03:16 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
Oh sorry. I should mention. I need them as normal sound files, like .mp3, .waw, etc etc etc. And mind me asking, What is a "tag" exactly?

pwner5889

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 04:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
Why would you need the dialogue in mp3 anyway? If it's going to be used in Halo CE. Then you won't need them in mp3 or any other format. If you need the Halo 1 tags. If you're going to make a map. You'll need to go download the HEK.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 04:48 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: pwner5889
Why would you need the dialogue in mp3 anyway? If it's going to be used in Halo CE. Then you won't need them in mp3 or any other format. If you need the Halo 1 tags. If you're going to make a map. You'll need to go download the HEK.

You can't really extract the sounds. The best you can do is use the Windows Sound Recorder while you're playing the sound in Guerilla.

abkarch

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 05:59 PM    Msg. 6 of 10       
the way gamma suggested is pretty much the only way to do it as far as i know

Atlas Tasume

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 04:30 AM    Msg. 7 of 10       
I'm afraid you are going to have to explain, or atleast link to a guide, about how this "Guerilla" works. Because I have not a single clue.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 05:08 AM    Msg. 8 of 10       
Look up tutorials on the workings of HEK.
All sound files in the game are .sound files, not .wav, .mp3, or anything else.

Atlas Tasume

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 06:27 PM    Msg. 9 of 10       
Okay. I have been looking at it for the past few days here. But it's not to any use at all for me. It makes absolutley no sense at all. I am not used to moding at all. And I have never touched any of the Halo games in an atempt to mod them. And my project will not be using any halo game engine either.
I seriously dont want to have to learn yet another game's modtools.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 11:37 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
Audacity opens some .sound files (halo tags)
I managed to get a lot of them before i lost my stuff.
I maybe had to rename some of the .sound files to .mp3 files or .ogg.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 12:32 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website