A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[RELEASE] Another Stupid Campaign Mod - b30 (The Silent Cartographer)

Author Topic: [RELEASE] Another Stupid Campaign Mod - b30 (The Silent Cartographer) (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Ifafudafi

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 01:06 AM    Msg. 1 of 13       
Read through the readme before you post any questions or comments to make sure that they're not already addressed. Links are at the bottom of the post.

I also accidentally left ThePlauge off the credits list; he's responsible for the new HUD pickup icons.

Quote: Another Stupid Campaign Mod
Release 4: b30 (The Silent Cartographer)
By Ifafudafi

a10 can be found at http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5436
a30 can be found at http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5476
a50 can be found at http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5508

---

ADDITIONS/CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE

Weapons
-New pickup icons have been added, along with unique ones for weapons without new models (a letter will denote its function, e.g. Plasma Rifle + B for Plasma Beam).
-The Plasma Burst has been further nerfed; it's rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
-The Plasma Spread no longer has a zoom function and its rate of fire has been increased, with its heat output and power reduced to compensate.
-The Battle Rifle's rate of fire has been increased.
-Assault Rifle ammo pickups now award three extra clips, and SMG pickups give you two.
-The Pistol has new animations.
-The Assault Rifle & Battle Rifle now use the reload-empty (clip depleted) animation exclusively. Halo will use the same reload time regardless of true animation length, and my animator refuses to lengthen the reload-full animations, so this is the best way I have of making do.

Units
-Marines have had their health and damage resistance increased even more.
-Jackal shields are slightly more resistant to Plasma weapons.
-Precision weapons now do more damage to Hunters.
-Elite and Spartan shields will now increase in brightness as they come closer to popping.

Particle Effects
-The Fuel Rod Gun has a new particle effect.
-Elite shield depletion effect has been cut down to be far more clean and conservative; it was way, way too overdone for such a simple and frequent occurance.
-Free-floating plasma residue (e.g. from the Plasma Grenade) now has gravity, giving it a more substantial impression.
-Various other tweaks and optimizations.

Quote: THANKS TO

Bungie/Gearbox - For the obligatory.
CMT - The SMG & Impaler's model, skin, and animations, the Elite & MC models and skins, the Jackal shield skins, the Plasma Pistol's animations, the Plasma Rifle's skin, and a couple of sprites.
CtrlAltDestroy - The SMG's sound (ripped from Halo 3).
Gamma927 - The old Pistol animations.
Flibitijibibo & Inferno - The new Covenant weapon sounds.
ICEE - The Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle, & new Pistol animations and exporting/tweaking teh lag's animations.
teh lag - The Sniper Rifle and Plasma Rifle's animations.
F.E.A.R. - The base for the blood decals.
You - For downloading and supporting this mod.

---

Enjoy, and tell your friends! With more interest comes quicker releases and fewer bugs; help make ASCM as good as it can possibly get.

The next release will be the last one. It'll contain all 5 maps in the mod (a10-b40), each with all the improvements and custom content added over the past two months of production. Since I'll have to make sure every single map works, rather than just a single one, I might take three weeks (rather than two) to get it out, but I'll do so under the goal of leaving absolutely nothing less than perfect.

Halomaps: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5528
Filefront: http://www.filefront.com/17328104/b30.zip

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 01:10 AM    Msg. 2 of 13       
Do C10 please i really want to see how your weps work against flood and i love the flood

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 01:19 AM    Msg. 3 of 13       
Looks nice, Ifafudafi.
I am always loving those explosions.
By the way, I think I agree with Hydrogen here.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 01:23 AM    Msg. 4 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
Do C10 please i really want to see how your weps work against flood and i love the flood

SCREW YOU! FLOOD SUX! Jokes :D

Back on topic:
Hmm very interesting....I havent tried the ASCM yet but this one, I'll try

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 01:48 AM    Msg. 5 of 13       
day=made

Pepzee

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 01:51 AM    Msg. 6 of 13       
I agree with hydrogen and mooseguy. you don't have to do the ENTIRE campaign(that would be cool though). You should just do one level so we can all see how these guns work against the flood(and sentinels).

warchieftain

Tar-21 ftw

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 11:41 AM    Msg. 7 of 13       
Supercombine effect is win

rocketracer294

man of few words

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 07:10 PM    Msg. 8 of 13       
Please do the full one, I want to fight flood with the plasma spread and evisorator, and have good mods of keyes, two betrayles, and the maw.

On the matter of this new one, it was very good. I would have prefered more plasma spreads and evisorators though, as well as a flame througher (b30 seems to be the perfect level for it). The flame througher could come from CMT SPv2, with their permission.

P.S. if you can't do the entire campain, atleast do one of them with the flood, preferably two betrayls since it doesn't have any mods that are not super exceptiony.
Edited by rocketracer294 on Oct 1, 2010 at 07:14 PM

disturbed

Im a mac, deal with it. I still run PC through emu

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 07:35 PM    Msg. 9 of 13       
youre great at this mapping thing (:
i vote entire campaign (:
and the library is my favorite flood map.

antiblood

Hail satan, smoke mehth

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 07:57 PM    Msg. 10 of 13       
lol halomaps. you guys havnt noticed hes doing the campaign in order havnt you.

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 10:18 PM    Msg. 11 of 13       
nice job i love this map and i really enjoyed this mod good luck on the final one, the only issue was the hunters were a little more challenging i was used to maybe lower their health slightly?

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 10:44 PM    Msg. 12 of 13       
Can you do my Grenade Launcher projectile explosion particles? :D

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Oct 3, 2010 10:42 PM    Msg. 13 of 13       
Just make sure the Battle Rifle doesn't get exclusively used like it sometimes does in Halo 2.
personally I liked the original version with its low fire rate.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri January 17, 2020 7:57 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website