A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »save extracted tags

Author Topic: save extracted tags (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

recofpc

Posted: Oct 5, 2010 03:39 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I'm tired of extracting all original and modded tags from maps each time I have to reinstall Halo (my hard disk broke down and the other day I bought a new computer etc...)

Can we make a back up of extracted tags and burn it on dvd or copy it to a external hard disk ?

I tried to copy the halo Custom Edition folder which contains all the tags I extracted and put it after I reinstalled Halo but it didn't work, why?

In HEK+, what's the use of "save extracted tags list" ? Would it be usefull for what I want ?

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Oct 5, 2010 05:09 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Lol, don't copy all of HEK, just the tags.
You will need to actually re-install HEK for it to work, same goes for Halo CE.

recofpc

Posted: Oct 5, 2010 10:29 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
In fact, I did as you said, I already tried to copy the "tags" folder, I mean the folder "microsoft games/halo custom edition/tags", but when I reinstalled halo and HEK, and put this folder with my tags into the halo custom edition 's folder it didn't work. So from this moment, I thought that other files could have been installed elsewhere...?
Edited by recofpc on Oct 5, 2010 at 10:30 AM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Oct 5, 2010 12:50 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Drag the tags folder in first, then reinstall HEK.
Reason being, your tags are corrupted.

recofpc

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 05:21 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
ok I'll try this, thanks

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 5:59 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website