A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »I will make a campaign or die trying! (god hope that doesn't happen)

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: I will make a campaign or die trying! (god hope that doesn't happen) (44 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Oct 7, 2010 09:27 PM    Msg. 1 of 44       
Okay guys, a few of you remember that mod I was working on awhile back? Well, I got sapien working again and this time I have a backup tags folder ready because I finally freed up some memory so if my tags folder gets screwed I'll use that one. Here's the deal, because of that sapien issue and school I couldn't get working on it, and finally my addiction to CE made me get my tired ass out of bed last weekend and instead of firing up my xbox or reading in my book report book, I spent hours making a new tags folder, freeing up memory for a new backup tags folder, and transfering all the old non corrupt tags while fixing the corrupt ones.

This time rather than just jumping into my campaign scenarios, which I must redo from scratch, I will work on perfecting everything else so I don't a lot of unexpected setbacks while working on the campaign like last time. I still suck at scripting and the only scripts I can make are the ones I have stored away ready to paste or the ones I have memorized. I am getting better with Gimp, still learning but getting better with bitmaps.

Warning, you may not want to read further if you sre not fond of the following:

- brutes
- overused but awesome tags
- unskilled noobs trying to mod the halo 1 campaign
- non perfect shaders that won't be tinkered with until pefecttion is reached
- almost nothing left unmodified or classic in a campaign

so basically, if you're the incarnate of either spartan094 or xel, you may want to close this page immediately

the last one is my overall goal, no sound, bitmap, biped, or scenery left unmodified, of course with my skill set this is nearly impossible, but I will make it hard for you to notice anything from classic halo 1 being exactly the same at first glance.

First off, is the weapons and ai. These are the most important to work with right now for me, they are basically the most important thing in halo, other than vehicles, which I will work on later, but most updates will concern these two subjects.

here is an image of the current set of ai you will encounter for sure in my campaign: (haven't imported hunters and odsts yet, and flood and sentinels are still quite unmodified)

http://img814.imageshack.us/i/stuffz.jpg/

spartan and rebel need some definite bitmap work (spartan needs it a hell of a lot more though)

I also plan to modify the injured marine's bitmaps and add cuts and physical injuries so you can tell he's wounded rather than him just holding on to a completely fine chest plate and coughing for no reason.

I'd like to use ifafudafi's blood decals so I'll probably wait till he publicly releases those before I mess with anything of that matter, but one things for sure: the original dark grunt blood decal has got to go! I honestly despise that old decal, and bright blood is best for grunts and hunters. brutes will use human blood decal like they do in halo reach.

I've also been thinking about removing the blood splatter effect when you melee an elite, grunt, or jackal, to minimize decal use, so basically it'd be like in halo 2, you'd melee them and nothing would happen but a sound effect.

This is a halo 3 themed mod, because honestly I like halo 3's tagset more than reach, and if I even could choose between them I'd choose halo 3 (cept I'd use the concussion rifle, needle rifle, and plasma repeater as well as all other h3 covy weapons cuz dey is teh smex)

sooo ummm.....lemme know if failed to clarify anything...and uhhh....yeah, that's about it....I'll stop typing now. :/

OH YEAH!! by the by, help a brutha out: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=34362

EDIT: also I forgot to say I will be changing the music aswell to h3 remakes or new halo tracks completely from h2 h3 hw h3odst, and if I ever get access to unprotected tracks from it to modify in audaity, halo reach!

yeah bout it, k
Edited by Delicon20 on Oct 7, 2010 at 09:33 PM

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Oct 7, 2010 09:31 PM    Msg. 2 of 44       
I shall prepare teh casket.

warchieftain

Tar-21 ftw

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 08:54 AM    Msg. 3 of 44       
All things considred i hope this goes well, i rember you cityscape free roam and that had the potential to be a very good map so i know you have some talent, just one question due to the rebels are you making a custom campagin?

On a last note i dont thing a full campagin overhaul is necessary, A10 through B40 plus TB and maby Keyes.

So new everything rite?

You better not pull a CMT on us
Edited by warchieftain on Oct 8, 2010 at 08:56 AM

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 09:05 AM    Msg. 4 of 44       
Here lies Delicon. Crushed by the burden of modding a Campaign for CE

hjm65

Oyashiro-sama is going to get you

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 11:20 AM    Msg. 5 of 44       
Why don't you have the Elites as allies? I don't think that's been done yet for campaign.

pwner5889

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 03:11 PM    Msg. 6 of 44       
If you need help with tagging everything. I'm game.

hjm65

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 03:27 PM    Msg. 7 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant Major
Quote: --- Original message by: hjm65
Why don't you have the Elites as allies? I don't think that's been done yet for campaign.

Grunts too.

If you're going to have ally grunts you should make some sort of difference between the good grunts and bad grunts.

hjm65

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 03:50 PM    Msg. 8 of 44       

Grunts too.

If you're going to have ally grunts you should make some sort of difference between the good grunts and bad grunts.

How about you have some of them custom grunts with uber shiny armor as your allies?

Sounds zexy.

Delicon20

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 04:35 PM    Msg. 9 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: assassinchief106
H3 music? NOOO! Don't, Halo 1 has the best music selection, and we all agree!

sorry, too late, tried it, liked it, will keep some h1 tracks, rest will be changed to h2 music and up

also, I've actually got a lot of this stuff worked on before I even made this thread, most burdening part will be either random exceptions or tagspace issues or my dad screaming and cussing at me to get off the xbox (he can't comprehend the fact I'm not doing anything besides ruining my brain with xbox games) while I'm trying to mod the scenarios.

I've been working on the wounded marine's bitmaps and came up with this in about five minutes (like right before I went to bed last night): http://img832.imageshack.us/i/painful.jpg/

just a placeholder for now while I work on the spartan's bitmaps. I used the gutted torso because I really think it's brutal, and I like brutal >:D

also how im using the rebels is a secret right now, but this is the halo 1 campaign, and I'm not gonna screw around with ai team indexes so you can fight with grunts and kill people, because that would completely belittle the storyline
Edited by Delicon20 on Oct 8, 2010 at 04:37 PM

EDIT: uploading a clip of an older build of a30 to show how I replaced certain clips to fit the mood of the fight more, if the track works fine, I will either replace it with its newer halo2 or halo3 remake counterpart, or leave it if it doesn't have any. The goal is to give the feel of a newer halo while keeping the old halo 1 feel in parts that were truly epic in the original classic campaign (such as the part of b40 where a horde of covenant unloads from the control room and you take them head on, that track will be left unmodified, but I can't guarantee the encounter will be the same if you catch my drift :p)
Edited by Delicon20 on Oct 8, 2010 at 05:04 PM

warchieftain

Tar-21 ftw

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 05:14 PM    Msg. 10 of 44       

Halo 3 grunts as enemies and lovable h1 grunts as allies

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 05:25 PM    Msg. 11 of 44       
I don't like the colorful marines. But whatever, I shoot my marines, so...

This is a pretty nice sp mod, if I remember right. You should totally talk with me about some new scripting, like hiding behind cover (like halo 2) and dual wields (maybe).

Delicon20

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 05:51 PM    Msg. 12 of 44       
vid link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU1esf7_TsM

and slappy if you have a way to make ai take cover like in halo 2 I will worship you forever

I am currently working on the mark v armor, and I'm making it dark like in the original halo 1, but it's the h3 armor varient

also, darkened the visor and shoulder pad as well as adding a red streak and unsc insignia to the shoulder pads
http://img822.imageshack.us/i/spartanianlol.jpg/
Edited by Delicon20 on Oct 8, 2010 at 06:43 PM

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 09:41 PM    Msg. 13 of 44       
Vid comments:

• Grunts and Jackals are awesome!

• While watching I remembered: the trees in this level could be remodeled a bit. We're bored of those tree models.

• Cool music.

• You should totally add detail_object_collections. The ground in the a30 encounters is boring.

You need new animations for the script to work. It's just another pose, like crouching. Then you script it in. I dunno. Just a thought, but I think it would work better in an h3 campaign.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 10:00 PM    Msg. 14 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20

Helmet and chest are too shiny, while the rest is... not shiny. Of course, this probably falls within your "will not fix shaders" thing.

Delicon20

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 10:24 PM    Msg. 15 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

Helmet and chest are too shiny, while the rest is... not shiny. Of course, this probably falls within your "will not fix shaders" thing.

no, falls within the, I said look at the helmet and shoulders only, and not the rest category.
and it wasn't a will not fix, it's a will fix to a decent extent and not strive for flawlessness thing

also @ slap happy have you tried using the animation where the chief takes cover from sentinels in the maw?

UPDATE--------------
chest now darkened: http://img97.imageshack.us/f/chippinaway.jpg/

soon the chief will look the same, for the most part, all in due time

ANOTHER UPDATE: finished with the darkening and I do say he looks very scary, glad I'm not a grunt! http://img818.imageshack.us/f/iwudntmesswithhimn.jpg/

just gotta do the fp arms and I'll be good to go.

Edited by Delicon20 on Oct 8, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 01:20 AM    Msg. 16 of 44       
YAY! THE MARK V ARMOUR!!!! XD

*achem* anyways... the mark v from the second picture is "too dark" perhaps, make it a bit more green? or is it intended to be dark?

warchieftain

Tar-21 ftw

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 03:54 AM    Msg. 17 of 44       

Wth happned to your grunt's voices?!?!?

Delicon20

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 09:32 AM    Msg. 18 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: warchieftain

Wth happned to your grunt's voices?!?!?

I added invader zim dialouge :p

and I wanted the mark v armor to be dark and intimidating

also it looks lighter ingame

UPDATE: forgot to post this, messin around and showin off the stuff I worked on last night
Edited by Delicon20 on Oct 9, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 02:15 PM    Msg. 19 of 44       
Are you going to be adding any new custom weapons?

Delicon20

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 04:49 PM    Msg. 20 of 44       
not new custom animations or models, no. however, I am working on using some weapons that aren't used very often, and ifafudafi's old particles, and making certain weapons for custom uses, like a needler shotty that is used by brutes

Delicon20

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 05:06 PM    Msg. 21 of 44       
i can haz mariachi band instead of blak guy plox?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 05:26 PM    Msg. 22 of 44       
custom bsp's right

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 05:39 PM    Msg. 23 of 44       
...making certain weapons for custom uses, like a needler shotty that is used by brutes

Yeah, that's the sorta stuff I was talking about.

But a needler/shotgun isn't really something I would expect from Brute tech. Maybe a heavy-hitting sidearm that uses similar technology to the Covenant Carbine. Or some kind of scatter gun similar to the Mauler.

olly12345

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 06:31 PM    Msg. 24 of 44       
Reverse the dialogue of the grunts.
Thats basically the best thing you can do to their audio that hasn't been done.

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 09:27 PM    Msg. 25 of 44       
Is this what the halomaps is reduced to now.I'll give you something to play.

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 10:11 PM    Msg. 26 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: olly12345
this

Delicon20

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 10:55 PM    Msg. 27 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkLord0912

I haven't seen you bother to release anything. all I've seen from you is a few screenshots and a failed effort to get halo 2's campaign ingame CE and the arguing with whathisface that you can do it better than he can. unless you wanna say something important, get out.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 11:01 PM    Msg. 28 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
Here lies Delicon. Crushed by the burden of modding a Campaign for CE

closed casket then.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 11:12 PM    Msg. 29 of 44       
Took me a while, but i finished building it. Here ya go.

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 02:30 AM    Msg. 30 of 44       
so how do you expect to get all of this into a map with the tag space limit? i'd like to play it just sounds like it would be hard to do with the tag limit.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 03:54 AM    Msg. 31 of 44       
Lol, Dennis deleted my coffin.

And d4rfnader, that's what toolpro is for.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Oct 10, 2010 at 03:56 AM

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 10:42 AM    Msg. 32 of 44       

I haven't seen you bother to release anything. all I've seen from you is a few screenshots and a failed effort to get halo 2's campaign ingame CE and the arguing with whathisface that you can do it better than he can. unless you wanna say something important, get out.

You know I was just joking damn!

Funny thing about that now,your gonna be eating your own words really badly,I will remeber your username.

I've been gone for 8 months....
Edited by DarkLord0912 on Oct 10, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Delicon20

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 10:45 AM    Msg. 33 of 44       

You know I was just joking damn!

Funny thing about that now,your gonna be eating your own words really badly,I will remeber your username.

I've been gone for 8 months....
Edited by DarkLord0912 on Oct 10, 2010 at 10:43 AM

best 8 months of my life

warchieftain

Tar-21 ftw

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 12:43 PM    Msg. 34 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
Quote: --- Original message by: olly12345
this

Or you know you could be cool and just leave the grunts alone because in all honesty i think that the grunt were designed to act as comic relif for the player.

As long as darklord is here hows that H2 campagin? scrapped?

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 01:01 PM    Msg. 35 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy

Lol, Dennis deleted my coffin.

And d4rfnader, that's what toolpro is for.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Oct 10, 2010 at 03:56 AM

well, i mean sapien before has stopped me from adding extra stuff, that's why i wasn't sure about it.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon April 6, 2020 7:42 AM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website