A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »REQUESTS TO ALL MAP MAKERS!!! (Not Just Maps)

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: REQUESTS TO ALL MAP MAKERS!!! (Not Just Maps) (56 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

ReligousT7

Something tells me there's a Plasma Grenade nearby

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 07:42 AM    Msg. 1 of 56       
Hello!

I am very confused with making maps for Halo CE... So I have some Requests for you, The Public, to make... They are mainly Remakes... (Not all are maps...)

My Requests!

1. All Halo Reach Maps Remade... Starting with Spire because I really wanna check that out... (I don't have Reach)
2. If possible, The Campaign of Reach Remade, If you can somehow put Reach's Cutscenes into the remake, That would be good...
3. Some Call of Duty Maps... Like Highrise, Skidrow, Karachi, Rust, Eder Dam, Vacant etc... (Please No Flaming...)
4. Invasion Gametype from Reach... (Maybe AI bots on Multiplayer and mod the flag to be an Intel Core)
5. A Star Wars based Campaign with maybe a gun that the model is a hand that shoots out lightning...
6. This next one sounds a little weird, but the Krusty Krab based off of Episodes Spongebob Squarepants...
7. A Needler Banshee or Wraith, (Like the Needler Ghost at: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4639)
8. A Area where an Earthquake just took place and people are fighting over objects at a Store (Looting) and you play as one of the Looters...
9. Maybe the Playboy Mansion... :D With Real Life Posters or Maybe just a Strip Club with Real Nude Posters... XD You could even add Strip Club Music... 18+ Only People... No Kids!
10. Mass Effect Based Maps... (Like inside the Normandy)
11. The Test-O-Track from Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts... (Great for Races or Vehicular Wars...)
12. Armor Effects (If possible...) Like Flaming Helmet or Confetti after Killing a Grunt or other player... (Well can Confetti Replace the Blood maybe?)
13. Jetpack (Totally Possible...) You just gotta change the skin for Sententials then have that be the player... It wouldn't be the same as Reach's Jetpack, But it's better than nothing...
14. Reach Armor... (Like Hazop or Grenader...)
15. Changable in game Armor... (Seems possible after seeing the purchase store on Firefight-Portent... You could make it to where you buy the Armor...)
16. Standoff Remake (Halo 3 Map)
17. Longshore Remake (Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack II Map)

PLEASE INFORM ME!!!

If you plan on making any of these, Please let me know... And please post a Link to the Beta/Finished version either in this thread... Or you can message me on here or Youtube...
Youtube Account Name: Yournothawt
I prefer for you to message me on Youtube because I check my Inbox On Youtube Everyday...
Edited by ReligousT7 on Oct 15, 2010 at 06:58 PM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 08:45 AM    Msg. 2 of 56       
15 is possible,and already has been done, tactical assualt has a place in the pause menu where you select your permutation.

ReligousT7

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 09:10 AM    Msg. 3 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef

1. Possible but i highly doubt it that it will be done, we don't even have all the halo 3 maps yet.
2. Not possible, too much AI and too hard and will take too long.
3. Possible.
4. Not possible, AI don't sync in Halo CE multiplayer. (maybe possible in SP)
5. Possible.
6. Possible.
7. Possible.
8. May be possible at singleplayer only.
9. Possible, highly doubt it that people will make maps with adult content.
10. Possible.
11. Possible.
12. I think that it is possible but that it will be forever, what i mean is the whole game you have that armor effect and everyone has the same.
13. Would suck in my opinion.
14. Highly doubt it.. Possible.
15. Don't Know.
16. I highly doubt it but possible.
17. I highly doubt it but possible.
Edited by mastur cheef on Oct 15, 2010 at 08:20 AM

2. Well, It doesn't need to be exactly the same... And I think that the amount of AI doesn't really matter... Because on the E10-E60 Series, I got to I think the 3rd Level, and there was about 25 Elites coming at me...
4. Actually, I have seen AI's In Multiplay maps...
9. Actually, there already is one that shows nude girls... Its titled, Musée Sexe... You can get it here: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3186 The Pictures don't really show the Nudity but there is more than the Picture shows... And those ones REALLY show nudity...

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 09:28 AM    Msg. 4 of 56       
No one will do any of this for you. I suggest you try to learn how to model and map making. Its a lot of fun once you learn how to do it.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 09:45 AM    Msg. 5 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
No one will do any of this for you. I suggest you try to learn how to model and map making. Its a lot of fun once you learn how to do it.

^

Though I will say some of this may possibly happen on it's own. Also, just to let you know, most good things for halo take 2-3 yrs because here is the mentality of mappers here.

1) Make something
2) look at it's glory
3) think of posting
4) see someone else's that they are making
5) try and outdo them
repeat steps 4 and 5 for 2-3 years.
Edited by eliteslasher on Oct 15, 2010 at 09:48 AM

ReligousT7

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 10:23 AM    Msg. 6 of 56       
That is just crazy if it takes 2-3 years to make a good map... Sudd0th 2 was able to make a Pit Remake on Reach in less than 48 Hours... I know... I was there...

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 11:32 AM    Msg. 7 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: ReligousT7
That is just crazy if it takes 2-3 years to make a good map... Sudd0th 2 was able to make a Pit Remake on Reach in less than 48 Hours... I know... I was there...

Halo ce is not like Reach. I doubt you realize how long it takes to make a decent model and map planned out. It dosent take 2-3 years to make the map, it just takes that long to get good.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 11:42 AM    Msg. 8 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: ReligousT7
Hello! <--Arrogantly large font is a no-no here.

I am very confused with making maps for Halo CE... So I have some Requests for you, The Public, to make... They are mainly Remakes... (Not all are maps...)

My Requests! <--Boy, what'd I just tell you?! |:<

(Outlandish Requests)

Hate to burst your bubble, but I'd be lucky if I was able to get something as simple as a green Banshee. Asking for something as complex as a full level is a bit.... much.
Edited by Echo77 on Oct 15, 2010 at 12:06 PM

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 12:04 PM    Msg. 9 of 56       
A needler banshee would be fairly easy and i would do it just tool won't import models anymore
=(

As for a campaign remake, you would be most likely to get a halo 2 remake first (but it's still not likely to happen).

abkarch

This account is old. Sorry for inappropriate posts

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 01:02 PM    Msg. 10 of 56       
ok, someone will spend 5 years making all this for you, and youll do nothing in return. Its one thing for simple map mods, but no point making all the reach maps, its to much work! and before i get flamed, which i know is gonna happen, just go play reach! if you dont have it, its not worth the work to remake all the maps for CE...not this instant at least, maybe in a few months

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 01:33 PM    Msg. 11 of 56       
Lemmie sum it up here. I hope a lot of new people to this site with their (how many did you have? 15 or so?) requests see this and get a hint.

Difference in reach and halo 1 is as follows.

halo reach sees planes crossing and says "HEY KEEP UP THE GOOD FORGING!!!"

halo one says "OH GOD NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOO. i CAN'T HANDLE CROSSING PLANES. WHAT'S THIS YOU WANT TO ADD A ROCK IN 3DS AND NOT IN SAPIEN? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOOLIO what the hell is...?!?!?! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

And that sums up why Halo 1 takes a while to do anything decent like that. Any more questions?

*edited by admin - deleted repeated characters
Edited by Dennis on Oct 15, 2010 at 03:36 PM

anonymous_2009

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 02:45 PM    Msg. 12 of 56       
Lol.

abkarch

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 02:48 PM    Msg. 13 of 56       
honestly, i have to say, this is probably one of the stupidest threads i have seen in a long time. if you can tell other people how to do it, you can do it urself.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 02:51 PM    Msg. 14 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
Lemmie sum it up here. I hope a lot of new people to this site with their (how many did you have? 15 or so?) requests see this and get a hint.
halo one says "OH GOD NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOO. i CAN'T HANDLE CROSSING PLANES. WHAT'S THIS YOU WANT TO ADD A ROCK IN 3DS AND NOT IN SAPIEN? NOOO!!!! TOOLIO what the hell is...?!?!?! NOOO!!!!"
And that sums up why Halo 1 takes a while to do anything decent like that. Any more questions?

But can you make cliffs in reach? can you control the tagset (i mean custom objects)? Can you change the sky? Can you add water? "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

abkarch

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 02:56 PM    Msg. 15 of 56       
halo reach should have a scenery thats just a flat plane of water...

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 03:36 PM    Msg. 16 of 56       
-1. All Halo Reach Maps Remade... Starting with Spire because I really wanna check that out... (I don't have Reach)
What a great one to start with, one that severely pisses me off. This game (Custom Edition) is NOT for recreating entire maps from other Halos. There's no point, people already have the maps and will just poo on us when we make terrible remakes. MAKE SOMETHING NEW, GET CREATIVE, there are almost NO limits! If you honestly want the game, get a job and get the money to buy it. We will not be your slaves to make something you are capable of doing yourself, with a much better reward on that end than here. Mooch off a friend ffs.
-2. If possible, The Campaign of Reach Remade, If you can somehow put Reach's Cutscenes into the remake, That would be good...
Honest to whoever, we haven't even remade Halo 2 or 3 or anything in resemblance to ODST (though me and Gamma had one in planning stages). You want a Reach campaign already though? Please, just try to afford the game or mooch off a friend like I've said before.
-3. Some Call of Duty Maps... Like Highrise, Skidrow, Karachi, Rust, Eder Dam, Vacant etc... (Please No Flaming...)
Could rip them, put the textures in, in-game it. Something that is "likely" to a point, but from this community...still very unlikely.
-4. Invasion Gametype from Reach... (Maybe AI bots on Multiplayer and mod the flag to be an Intel Core)
Invasion? It would have to be drastically different from the way Reach did it, to a point it wouldn't even be fit to call it 'invasion' anymore but surely something could be done. AI Bots are not exactly possible, there is a program one of the mods at Modacity was working on and the discussion of "if this can be used to make bots" came up but whether or not it'll actually work I don't know. Making the flag be a core? Simple.
-5. A Star Wars based Campaign with maybe a gun that the model is a hand that shoots out lightning...
Gun which is a hand that shoots lightning is easily possible, Star Wars campaign maps would be kind of neat. It's something people here have been interested in before, but not much got done for anything.
-6. This next one sounds a little weird, but the Krusty Krab based off of Episodes Spongebob Squarepants...
Never seen much Spongebob around here, in terms of content and just mentioning it overall. Chances of this happening are slim...but something I would like to see that this brings to mind, would be an entire level underwater.
-7. A Needler Banshee or Wraith, (Like the Needler Ghost at: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4639 )
Easy to do, heck you could even learn how. Just a simple projectile swap and a few other shin-dig hootin'-nannys.
-8. A Area where an Earthquake just took place and people are fighting over objects at a Store (Looting) and you play as one of the Looters...
Gameplay would maybe be possible but to make it look better and make sense, there would have to be entirely new animations made for characters which is something that not a lot of people around here can do, would bother to do, or could do well.
-9. Maybe the Playboy Mansion... :D With Real Life Posters or Maybe just a Strip Club with Real Nude Posters... XD You could even add Strip Club Music... 18+ Only People... No Kids!
...Um, well, someone COULD do this I suppose but Dennis would not upload it to Halomaps for obvious reasons. In terms of why the hell you would want this when you have Google at your disposal, I refuse to ask.
-10. Mass Effect Based Maps... (Like inside the Normandy)
Have never seen any mapper base anything (if anything at all) off of Mass Effect so I don't think a map will be made. In terms of being possible though, it is very much so something that could be done.
-11. The Test-O-Track from Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts... (Great for Races or Vehicular Wars...)
I don't know what this is and I'm too lazy to look it up but if it's just a track: it's possible. If you want like, some more complex things where I dunno...running over items adds to your cart or something, don't think that's possible.
-12. Armor Effects (If possible...) Like Flaming Helmet or Confetti after Killing a Grunt or other player...
Very much something that can be done, how to do it is not something I can answer. Actually, second-thinking here...the confetti one might not be possible in the way you want where when they DIE they sprout confetti. Dunno if the game can tell the difference between someone being shot and someone dying, and which bitmap to use then for each.
-13. Jetpack (Totally Possible...) You just gotta change the skin for Sententials then have that be the player... It wouldn't be the same as Reach's Jetpack, But it's better than nothing...
No, in this case it isn't "better than nothing" because you would be able to infinitely fly and stay frozen in the same spot as that is how sentinels work. I'm not really sure on ideas for this one to work, but it seems like something that would take hours of time to script and test around until something worked decently enough.
-14. Reach Armor... (Like Hazop or Grenader...)
Bound to be ripped and rigged soon for in-game. When? I've not the faintest clue.
-15. Changable in game Armor... (Seems possible after seeing the purchase store on Firefight-Portent... You could make it to where you buy the Armor...)
Already done, I believe this map has it: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=34351
-16. Standoff Remake (Halo 3 Map)
Someone was kind of making it, but lately I haven't seen him around much. It was just him working alone on it from what I recall, so the project was bound for failure.
-17. Longshore Remake (Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack II Map)
Haven't seen anyone with interests towards doing this physically (obviously there's interest seeing as you are requesting it).
Edited by ODX on Oct 15, 2010 at 03:37 PM

d4rfnader

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 03:43 PM    Msg. 17 of 56       
Yes tactical-assault has selectable armor permutations, i could probably send you the ui tags if you want.

And the flaming helmet could probably be done via scripting, and the grunt confetti thing could be set up after they're shot but not dying (material effects).
Edited by d4rfnader on Oct 15, 2010 at 03:49 PM

madkiller92

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 04:02 PM    Msg. 18 of 56       
Some of these request are pretty unreasonable. I can understand asking for help with a model, a vehicle, scripting something, part of a level, but holy crap.

And when did this site start censoring?
Edited by madkiller92 on Oct 15, 2010 at 04:03 PM

d4rfnader

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 04:07 PM    Msg. 19 of 56       
flaming helmet fail lol:

http://www.xfire.com/video/389106/

i just scripted the flame to attach to the player.
Edited by d4rfnader on Oct 15, 2010 at 04:08 PM

Old Gregg

I love Hardcore Corn.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 05:05 PM    Msg. 20 of 56       
im making the Krusty Krab right now

d4rfnader

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 05:13 PM    Msg. 21 of 56       
Lol maybe i'll start working on a hell jackal.

Old Gregg

I love Hardcore Corn.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 05:18 PM    Msg. 22 of 56       
I need textures for the krusty krab pl0x?

ReligousT7

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 06:32 PM    Msg. 23 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
halo one says "OH GOD NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOO. i CAN'T HANDLE CROSSING PLANES. WHAT'S THIS YOU WANT TO ADD A ROCK IN 3DS AND NOT IN SAPIEN? NOOO!!!! TOOLIO what the hell is...?!?!?! NOOO!!!!"

But can you make cliffs in reach? can you control the tagset (i mean custom objects)? Can you change the sky? Can you add water? "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Actually, You can make Cliffs in Reach... Lol... Just take some rocks and form them into a cliff...

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 06:43 PM    Msg. 24 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Old Gregg
I need textures for the krusty krab pl0x?

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1916&bih=848&q=wood+texture+tileable&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Oct 15, 2010 at 06:44 PM

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 06:45 PM    Msg. 25 of 56       
Quote: -16. Standoff Remake (Halo 3 Map)
Someone was kind of making it, but lately I haven't seen him around much. It was just him working alone on it from what I recall, so the project was bound for failure.
Shut your freakin' hole. Even if I wasn't active, why would you call people failures behind their back?

ReligousT7

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 06:53 PM    Msg. 26 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: d4rfnader

flaming helmet fail lol:

http://www.xfire.com/video/389106/

i just scripted the flame to attach to the player.
Edited by d4rfnader on Oct 15, 2010 at 04:08 PM

Lol, Nice... You need smaller flames if you can do that...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Old Gregg for making that!

Old Gregg

I love Hardcore Corn.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 08:15 PM    Msg. 27 of 56       
Updates:

ReligousT7

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 08:18 PM    Msg. 28 of 56       
Wow... That's pretty good so far! The side Wooden Rims need to be a bit Thicker though... Keep up the good work! ;D

pwner5889

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 08:27 PM    Msg. 29 of 56       
Where are the support beams to hold up the Krust Krab anyway? They need to be in there. ADD THE SCENERY ASWELL!!

Old Gregg

I love Hardcore Corn.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 08:36 PM    Msg. 30 of 56       
calm down i just finished the back room. geez

ReligousT7

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 08:54 PM    Msg. 31 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: pwner5889
Where are the support beams to hold up the Krust Krab anyway? They need to be in there. ADD THE SCENERY ASWELL!!

Lol, yeah... He's not finished yet... He just recently started...

Btw... Once you get to a certain part into making it, Could you maybe release a Beta? :D Lol

Old Gregg

I love Hardcore Corn.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 09:00 PM    Msg. 32 of 56       
sure

ReligousT7

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 09:07 PM    Msg. 33 of 56       
Thanks... Once you get it up, Please let me know... Lol... :D

EDIT: Hey Old Gregg... Are you good at making Weapons? Because I have I pretty cool Weapon Design for someone to make... Its called a Plasma Shotgun...
Edited by ReligousT7 on Oct 15, 2010 at 09:20 PM

Old Gregg

I love Hardcore Corn.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 10:28 PM    Msg. 34 of 56       
potty

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 11:41 PM    Msg. 35 of 56       
The krusty krab's proportion to the biped is a tad large. Windows are about 2.2ish taller than a standard squidward.
Oh , Press E to grill patty.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 9, 2020 9:45 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website