A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[RELEASE] Alternate M6D FP Animations

Author Topic: [RELEASE] Alternate M6D FP Animations (18 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 11:58 PM    Msg. 1 of 18       
Sup guys, little release right here of my pistol animations. Feel free to use, credit would be nice but not necessary, etc etc etc

Demo Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FzHTYt0kfU

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?pi7op6fegrb6jtl

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 12:07 AM    Msg. 2 of 18       
Sorry for any arrogance that may be associated with the following comment. I hate it when people try to assert some sort of higher understanding of things than the ones who actually do it.

I like the spent casings, but they're ejecting in the wrong direction. If the animation was for wielding the weapon left-handed, then it would be understandable. But seeing as how he's holding it in his right hand, he's essentially spewing hot casings into his face. I mean, think of the poor crewmen. That's the only thing their feeble bodies can handle. I do believe that a face full of hot brass might make them cry.

And, as stated in the video comments, you're ejecting what appear to be un-fired rounds.
Edited by Echo77 on Oct 16, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 12:10 AM    Msg. 3 of 18       
Didn't use my vid :/?

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 12:23 AM    Msg. 4 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

but he used mine, Such betrayal cannot be tolerated.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 12:26 AM    Msg. 5 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

Sorry man, I like my ready animation, don't want to come off as insolent or anything.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 12:35 AM    Msg. 6 of 18       
Posing animation's the best out of all of them.

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 12:35 AM    Msg. 7 of 18       
HERESY man

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 12:49 AM    Msg. 8 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Posing animation's the best out of all of them.

..............................agreed.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 02:42 AM    Msg. 9 of 18       
Firing animation seems a bit much I think, it goes WAY up into your face when you fire.
Other than that, I don't see much wrong with these animations.
Good job!

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 03:36 AM    Msg. 10 of 18       
just have the pistol's aim list upward after every shot

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 09:28 AM    Msg. 11 of 18       
It's definitely got style, but let's break it down now [IN SO- no..not in song >_>]:
-Ready...
Good by itself but coupled with your sudden idle movement, it looks a bit funny. Heck let's just talk about the idle.
-Idle...
It's kind of quick at parts and slower/nicer at others. Specifically, when it goes down at any time it's kind of sudden, but going up is a bit better. Play around with the curve editor as well since the very top of the idle (physically speaking) does not flow back in well with the rest. It's your origin frame, yes, so that's why the curve editor would be best for making it loop nicely.
-Fire-1...
Well, everyone already said it. The bullet is going the wrong way and the materials aren't right because it's also gray like the pistol instead of orange/gold like it should be. The actual fire itself I think looks alright; clearly stylistic and bouncy, it works well.
-Throw-Grenade...The beginning part is good, but the return to origin needs serious work. Needs to be sped up instead of lagging in the air awkwardly..though I didn't see it all because you kept interrupting with a melee! Chances are/from what I recall in other videos, the return to origin itself at the last few frames had too much dip/recoil for how 'fast' the gun was traveling back to origin.
Melee...
Suffering a bit from your incoming bouncy/comedic style, it doesn't look like it has too much force. Most of the time melees should have their hit be at frame 3 but yours doesn't look like it does. Can't exactly tell how much space is between the gun going off-screen and then returning because you INTERRUPTED THAT TOO, but it seems like it could be shortened.
Reload...
Like I told you before, it's really kind of jolty and looks like he can't even balance a simple pistol when it's at its high-point before the mag is put in. Actually, just about everywhere this happens: where he can't control the gun and the movements aren't smooth.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 05:20 PM    Msg. 12 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
It's definitely got style, but let's break it down now [IN SO- no..not in song >_>]:
-Ready...
Good by itself but coupled with your sudden idle movement, it looks a bit funny. Heck let's just talk about the idle.
-Idle...
It's kind of quick at parts and slower/nicer at others. Specifically, when it goes down at any time it's kind of sudden, but going up is a bit better. Play around with the curve editor as well since the very top of the idle (physically speaking) does not flow back in well with the rest. It's your origin frame, yes, so that's why the curve editor would be best for making it loop nicely.
-Fire-1...
Well, everyone already said it. The bullet is going the wrong way and the materials aren't right because it's also gray like the pistol instead of orange/gold like it should be. The actual fire itself I think looks alright; clearly stylistic and bouncy, it works well.
-Throw-Grenade...The beginning part is good, but the return to origin needs serious work. Needs to be sped up instead of lagging in the air awkwardly..though I didn't see it all because you kept interrupting with a melee! Chances are/from what I recall in other videos, the return to origin itself at the last few frames had too much dip/recoil for how 'fast' the gun was traveling back to origin.
Melee...
Suffering a bit from your incoming bouncy/comedic style, it doesn't look like it has too much force. Most of the time melees should have their hit be at frame 3 but yours doesn't look like it does. Can't exactly tell how much space is between the gun going off-screen and then returning because you INTERRUPTED THAT TOO, but it seems like it could be shortened.
Reload...
Like I told you before, it's really kind of jolty and looks like he can't even balance a simple pistol when it's at its high-point before the mag is put in. Actually, just about everywhere this happens: where he can't control the gun and the movements aren't smooth.

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Oct 17, 2010 08:58 PM    Msg. 13 of 18       
Nice job, i like the firing animation lol.

rocketracer294

man of few words

Posted: Oct 17, 2010 10:02 PM    Msg. 14 of 18       
Don't really care for the new firing animation, but I love the physical.

ICEE

Hark!

Posted: Oct 17, 2010 11:11 PM    Msg. 15 of 18       
That posing animation is obviously bungie's. You used bungie's origin too.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Oct 17, 2010 11:57 PM    Msg. 16 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: ICEE
That posing animation is obviously bungie's. You used bungie's origin too.

???? Is this troll? I credited Bungie for both of those o_O

EDIT: DOH! Didn't put that on the actual video; It's in the readme, and the WIP videos prior to it, roflz.
Edited by doompig444 on Oct 18, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Esfinge

Xfire: sphinxbio2

Posted: Oct 18, 2010 10:49 PM    Msg. 17 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: doompig444
Sup guys, little release right here of my pistol animations. Feel free to use, credit would be nice but not necessary, etc etc etc

Demo Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FzHTYt0kfU

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?pi7op6fegrb6jtl

WAKALA!

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Oct 19, 2010 12:41 AM    Msg. 18 of 18       

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 10:23 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website