A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »The Trinity Map Pack

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: The Trinity Map Pack (55 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 12:23 PM    Msg. 1 of 55       
Just when you thought you'd never hear from me again! I know some of you aren't the biggest fans of my work but that's ok. 3 years had past since I lasted played Halo CE. Around 3 months ago I randomly logged into my old email account to find literally HUNDREDS of requests for various things, as well as, suggestions, pleading for new maps, tons of pleading for development help, and just general fan mail. Unfortunately some hate mail but it was fun to read. I had no idea just how popular Extinction was going to get but it is up with Hugeass and Coldsnap in downloads and people still play it everyday 4 years later. I was so surprised! but to all my fans: Thank you so much. It's time I repaid your kind words with the maps you've been requesting for four years lol.

The Trinity Map Pack:
Four years ago after the release of Extinction and Downflow in 2006 I started on three more maps that never made it ingame, merely 3ds max models. I found these old files on my old pc and decided to try to make the best maps I could produce. None are near perfect and I can readily admit that :( The bsps for the larger maps are not nearly as detailed as they were orginaly and things had to be deleted. Halo having just such an awesome engine prevented me from having the amount of bsp detail I wanted at that large of a size and still have all the tags I needed to make the map run and play. (stupid 128mb filesize restriction >.>) Thats what inspired Paradox. I wanted to make a smaller map more driven by a constant flow of combat, with tons of detail into the terrain. They are still being beta tested but will be released soon!

TEH RENDERS!1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK9Gn1aNQvg
A little info:

Genocide:
-This is the sequel to Extinction. It features many of the same vehicles and weapons all with improvements made to each one. There are also several new vehicles and weapons. The theme remains covenant vs. human. A main complaint of Extinction was that the humans had the upper hand vs. the covenant in vehicles and weapons and this has been addressed. The covenant fleet that hovers at one end of the canyon contains two ships you can go inside and one of the battlecruisers on the landing pad you can fly. This ship took alot of work for it to function effectively. All tags that were extracted were edited and improved for large map gameplay. Alot of the new vehicles that weren't created by me were downloaded from halomaps and retagged because of fail tagging. Every single aspect of the vehicles and weapons has changed a little bit and balance of ground vs. air, as well as ctf gameplay is the main focus of this map. With around 2500 lines of scripting, this map was alot of work and contains many secrets and teleporters as well as uncampable underground bases.

-Contamination:
A smaller Huge Assault Map than Genocide and has less vehicles. This allowed for much more detail to go into the bsp itself. This map features intense ground vehicle gameplay and sniper heaven. The scarab and mythos no longer dominate gameplay. Ctf is action packed and balanced well. The sky is a majorly edited version of a pan that jahrain created. This map has more weapon selection than Genocide. I only wish that the halo engine would allow me to create even more detailed bsps of a larger size and still keep the amount of vehicles. This maps script lies around 1600 lines and has many vehicle teleporters.

-Paradox:
The small size map. I have done small maps in the past but none quite like this. This map is a dual bsp map. The switch is easy to find and each team has one. In the day, ctf is intense with vehicles and ground soldiers with AA guns fight back and forth for supremacy. The tactics get heavy with all of the size passages to between the bases and sneaky routes. But at night, due to the amount of hiding spots and selection of 5 silenced weapons, tactics, teamwork and sniping come into play. There are many Halo 2, Halo 3, and original weapons by myself in this map. Unlike the huge maps there are over 20 different weapons in this map.

please tell me what you think of the screen shots and the concepts of each. critism can only make me improve.
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 29, 2010 at 03:30 PM

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 12:49 PM    Msg. 2 of 55       
Thanks! and yeah I agree man. I have adressed the weapon issues and everything has been reanimated. lol the damages in extinction for weapons were just messed right up. The vehicles weapons and damages and armor has all been revisited as well ESPECIALLY THE PHANTOM, SERAPH, AND SCARAB. Also the two pilotable covenant starships, and AA-Wraith(the king of exceptions) have been completely redone from the core.
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 22, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 01:06 PM    Msg. 3 of 55       
does the AA wraith have the same shooting sounds as the h3 one?

Also a couple of things...
1. Ask Cag Gonzo for the new model of the CCS Cruiser.

2. It would be cool if the Covenant ships could glass :D

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 01:42 PM    Msg. 4 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337
does the AA wraith have the same shooting sounds as the h3 one?
no I couldn't get the sound anywhere. If someone has it I would definitely switch it out.

Also a couple of things...
1. Ask Cag Gonzo for the new model of the CCS Cruiser.

1. the ships in my maps aren't crashed, that is the carrier from Halo 2

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 01:45 PM    Msg. 5 of 55       
???
The CCS Cruiser is the smaller covenant ships.

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 01:46 PM    Msg. 6 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant Major
Critique:

I'm sorry, just watched the first 54 seconds.

Maps are wayyy to boxy. I liked extinction at any rate, but just looking at the hangar I can't help but think of RSFG.

Lol there are three maps in total, the first 54 seconds are the first one. Pieces of the hangar's are from remodeled from coldsnap and a30. Only the largest ones are somewhat boxy just due to engine restrictions. I want the large maps to be much less laggy. The pictures of the bases on the first map could have had better angles they are less boxy looking when viewed from inside.
Thanks for the feedback! I will try to improve the bases.

???
The CCS Cruiser is the smaller covenant ships.

Oh I see. at any rate I thought his new model was a crashed one?
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 22, 2010 at 01:47 PM

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 01:52 PM    Msg. 7 of 55       
No. It was just remodeled so the top wasn't flat

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 01:56 PM    Msg. 8 of 55       
No. It was just remodeled so the top wasn't flat

nice! that's awesome I didn't see that in the render. I can ask him but I dunno if he'll say yes.

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 02:07 PM    Msg. 9 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant Major
More Crit :D

Try not to bunch vehicles together. Stronger ones should be put out of Noob reach to enhance gameplay by preventing nukestorms. Of course, Extinction was so darn large that wasn't a problem. However, size matters(Don't quote me out of context)

Extinction was huge, however most of it was flat. I sympathize with your lack of modeling skills. However there are many options such as Tesselate and others. '

I support this map pack though. Hope it turns out well for everyone.

That is an excellent point perhaps I should move the scarab and mythos a little more out of a noob's way lol. Contamination isn't nearly as large as Genocide The canyon makes the map seem alot smaller than it is. Genocide pushed the limits of the engine. The radiosity on it took 39 hours. I wanted to push halo lol. Thanks for the advice I'll keep testing and tweaking

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 05:38 PM    Msg. 10 of 55       
O_O

I think Genocide is pretty nice, with all of its little scattered outposts and stuff, but it seems a bit cramped for large-scale vehicular warfare. And dark.

Also! I can haz Siren? :D

Corvette19

Posted: Oct 23, 2010 06:41 PM    Msg. 11 of 55       
ahh, you were like my first CE friend.
I think you blocked me on xfire like 4 years ago because I was annoying xD
Nice to see you back, though :P

flyingpenguin117

You must Never, EVER leave a SINGLE BOB ALIVE!!!

Posted: Oct 24, 2010 12:57 AM    Msg. 12 of 55       
I have always admired your work. Hotzone, less so, but thats beside the point. Anyways, for the new maps, I have a few questions. First, I have sniperphobia. I can't go anywhere on extinction without the fear of getting shot out by 1 of the 5 bigass sniper rifles that kill anything, even a scarab. Extinction is way to filled with campers and cowards, and I have literally screamed my head off whenever I pick up a vehicle, leave the starting point, and get my ass shot off by a sniper. will sniping be reduced on that? Second, the seraph was effective, but kind of crappy. its weapons seperated far to close to it to be useful for dogfighting, making it more of a close support or assault vehicle. I noticed you said that it was going to be revisited, but what are the changes? If you need help or a timesaver, I'm good with vehicle conversions. And third, there are several vehicle and weapon things that could be fixed. The AA fuel rod gun was a very effective weapon for taking down close vehicles and players, as well as detecting campers. However, it was grainy and you had no way of telling how much ammo was left. the SG14 looked horrible, and with it having more ammo, damage, and a better reload time than the others, minus the M80667, or the bigass one. That one looked bad too. And I'm glad you redid the phantom. It was the worst thing ever. And no matter how "sexy" the new phantom textures are, they will NEVER be as sexy as me.

Glad to have you back.
Edited by flyingpenguin117 on Oct 24, 2010 at 01:31 PM

rocketracer294

man of few words

Posted: Oct 24, 2010 03:52 PM    Msg. 13 of 55       
can you add some mechs like the ones in cold snap? I wold love to have some that have rockets, don't shake, and are not so easy to snipe.

flyingpenguin117

Posted: Oct 24, 2010 05:19 PM    Msg. 14 of 55       
And preferably with less crappy sound effects. Do you have any idea when these will be released, and do you need beta testers?
Edited by flyingpenguin117 on Oct 24, 2010 at 07:36 PM

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Oct 25, 2010 01:35 AM    Msg. 15 of 55       
welcome back ender ^_^

also i love the first map it looks super nice

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 25, 2010 05:51 PM    Msg. 16 of 55       
First off, I would like to thank you all in welcoming me back in such a warm fashion. It's nice to see the community still sticking together and I will address each of your questions one by one.

First off:
the uber snipers.
FAIL
There is now a choice of three human snipers and two alien for the two big maps. The red beam rifle's lack of range and power has been corrected and it is now much more balanced. The SG14 is no more and has been replaced. The maps feature a redone rendition of the CMT's silenced sniper as well as an edited version of the coldsnap sniper. Two of the human snipers are only slightly more powerful than a normal sniper and there will be one sniper that is an AA gun but will amount to around half the power of the SG14. I have been working on modeling and animating the new sniper of my own and this will pose as the AA gun and make the SG14 look silly. It is powerful, yes, but is difficult to find and has very limited ammo. Also the sniper is very loud and attracts alot of attention to you, therefore defeating the n00bs that love to hide in the cliffs and one-shot all vehicles lol.

Secondly:
There Seraph.
Also FAIL
It's aiming has been corrected and it has been given a graphics upgrade. It now sits around the same strength as the human rocket jet and is equally fast and armoured. It now poses as a flag capture vehicle or support for the scarab against attacking jets. It is great in a dogfight as its primary weapon now sprays a barrage of plasma in a 30 degree radius infront of it. It's secondary gun is non-homing plasma torpedos.

Thirdly:
and most importantly, the Phantom.
ULTIMATE FAIL
It has been completely re-done from scratch and has had an extreme upgrade in graphics and physics. It flies identically to the pelican and has all new weaponry. It has the same amount of armor as the pelican and can carry the same number of passengers. The weapon is a plasma turret, and now has a homing secondary fire similar to the aa flak cannon. It matches the rocket pelican perfectly in offense, defense, and maneuverability.

Well that should answer some questions although I imagine I am forgetting tons of changes that have been made over the course of this project. Once the main beta testing begins, and I near completion of this project, I will film a release trailer to show you all whats to come! Feel free to continue to ask questions and add suggestions as the project develops. I appreciate all your support and criticism. I will continue to post updates in this thread so check back soon!

If you would like to help me, or simply beta test you may contact me via PM, MSN, or Xfire which i will list below:

MSN: tracin4@aol.com
Xfire: guardianender

PS:
Quote: --- Original message by: flyingpenguin117
I have always admired your work. Hotzone, less so, but thats beside the point.

LOL hotzone was a very large piece of *&@%^&%# that I am embarrassed to call mine. However I was very new, and still learning the ways of the HEK so i guess its a tribute to how much ive learned over the years haha. Just look at the scarab for example. The only thing good about hotzone, was it's extreme amount of scripting that went into it to make everything work right. Scripting is the only thing I really pride myself in lol
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 25, 2010 at 05:55 PM

flyingpenguin117

Posted: Oct 25, 2010 11:26 PM    Msg. 17 of 55       
Well, Hotzone wasn't THAT bad. The scarab looked like hell, the jet had no power value, and the broadsword was more fun to look at then to use in combat. I'm glad to see the phantom is better. I'm making my own campaign, one of which is in Hugeass. It involves sneaking past phantom aerial patrols, and the ones I ripped from Extinction were the ones considered rather suckish. Will the new phantom be like the one in Halo 2 or Halo 3 and Reach? And is the AA Flak Gun the cool-looking but graphically bad fuel rod gun?

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 25, 2010 11:41 PM    Msg. 18 of 55       
the AA Flak Cannon is a very effective weapon now as I have done some adjusting... It got a new HUD as well.

Quote: I'm making my own campaign, one of which is in Hugeass. It involves sneaking past phantom aerial patrols, and the ones I ripped from Extinction were the ones considered rather suckish.

The new phantom is more like Halo 3. It has a secondary fire similar to the Halo Reach Phantom. And I love to see it in your SP maps! Don't use the Extinction one, as it was incomplete.

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 03:09 PM    Msg. 19 of 55       
Hello ender... I thought you might wanna know about this:

(DA)Ender

Clan Nickname:
Nickname: (DA)Ender
Username: goldy830

He's been around for some time claiming to be you.

Echo77

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 05:11 PM    Msg. 20 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
Hello ender... I thought you might wanna know about this:

(DA)Ender

Clan Nickname:
Nickname: (DA)Ender
Username: goldy830

He's been around for some time claiming to be you.

Blasphemy! *runs for the nearest pitchfork*

flyingpenguin117

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 06:56 PM    Msg. 21 of 55       
Quote: The new phantom is more like Halo 3. It has a secondary fire similar to the Halo Reach Phantom. And I love to see it in your SP maps! Don't use the Extinction one, as it was incomplete.

What was incomplete? Is the scarab coming back?

And claiming to be (DA)Ender is more than blasphemy...it...is...HERESY!!!!! (grabs cross and nails) Its almost (but not quite) as bad as pretending to be Tiamat. And who faked being (DA)Ender?

Edited by flyingpenguin117 on Oct 26, 2010 at 09:28 PM

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 10:50 PM    Msg. 22 of 55       

The Phantom was incomplete, it was meant to be far better than extinction depicted it. And yes the Scarab will be featured in two of the new maps in the Trinity pack with some updates to it.

LOL yeah there are always tons of imposters running around... they even went so far as to post on my youtube account that I was an imposter hahah.. even though the account was created four years ago and still has the beta trailer for extinction (an earlier version that was never released)

In the end they are just hopeless 12 year olds that want attention. I take it as a compliment that they impersonate me lol
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 26, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 11:10 PM    Msg. 23 of 55       
^win

Also, are you using the halo 2 scarab or the halo 3 scarab?

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 12:25 AM    Msg. 24 of 55       
^win

As of right now, it is Halo 2 Scarab body, although I have thought about rigging and animating a Halo 3 Scarab but I only have a model, No textures :( If I ever come across a texture for it, I would love to see the Halo 3 Scarab in HaloCE

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 12:27 AM    Msg. 25 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: DA_Ender
^win

As of right now, it is Halo 2 Scarab body, although I have thought about rigging and animating a Halo 3 Scarab but I only have a model, No textures :( If I ever come across a texture for it, I would love to see the Halo 3 Scarab in HaloCE

have spartan094 or jesse or someone rip it from h3 for you with unwraps and all ^_^

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 09:38 AM    Msg. 26 of 55       

The Phantom was incomplete, it was meant to be far better than extinction depicted it. And yes the Scarab will be featured in two of the new maps in the Trinity pack with some updates to it.

LOL yeah there are always tons of imposters running around... they even went so far as to post on my youtube account that I was an imposter hahah.. even though the account was created four years ago and still has the beta trailer for extinction (an earlier version that was never released)

In the end they are just hopeless 12 year olds that want attention. I take it as a compliment that they impersonate me lol
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 26, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Yeah, google was keen on showing me how he was fake, he didn't know of Teek or anyone you've collaborated with in the past. Many people believed him nonetheless... and good thing now truth has come.

ZeroAlphaOmega

Knight of Avalon

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 03:13 AM    Msg. 27 of 55       
My god. It's been so long but I still remember Contamination and Paradox. It's going to be fun revisting these. Will my Blitzkrieg Sniper Rifle still be in them? Also glad to see my Siren being used, as boxy as that design was, I loved my idea for it.
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Oct 28, 2010 at 03:14 AM

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 07:02 AM    Msg. 28 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: ZeroAlphaOmega

My god. It's been so long but I still remember Contamination and Paradox. It's going to be fun revisting these. Will my Blitzkrieg Sniper Rifle still be in them? Also glad to see my Siren being used, as boxy as that design was, I loved my idea for it.
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Oct 28, 2010 at 03:14 AM

Yeah the blitzkrieg's model has been heavily modified but it's still in there. The Siren was modeled by Jayden and I believe it was mostly his idea..

ZeroAlphaOmega

Knight of Avalon

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 07:59 AM    Msg. 29 of 55       
No that was the Vesper, the Covenant equivalent he made to it. I made the Siren LONG ago before these maps ever came to fruition. It's been a while Ender but I know my own work. I made the model, Jayden DID do shaders, textures and tagging. That part of the process I was never good at.
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Oct 28, 2010 at 08:01 AM

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 08:11 AM    Msg. 30 of 55       
Can you please clarify your xfire so I can be sure it's the old Ender I think I know?

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 10:35 AM    Msg. 31 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: ZeroAlphaOmega

No that was the Vesper, the Covenant equivalent he made to it. I made the Siren LONG ago before these maps ever came to fruition. It's been a while Ender but I know my own work. I made the model, Jayden DID do shaders, textures and tagging. That part of the process I was never good at.
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Oct 28, 2010 at 08:01 AM

I'm not about to get into a battle over who is the author of the model, you can take that up with Jayden. What I can tell you for certain is I did all the tagging, the animating, the physics, shaders, weapon, and firing effects myself, not Jayden. Jayden uvw mapped the Siren. The textures were done by Dano666 and Teekie. The Siren vehicle was in the first beta of Contamination four years ago, and I still have all the source files. I did some editing to the model after I received it (added missles underneath the wings, all the necessary markers and nodes). Also I did all the tagging, animating, physics, shaders, uvw mapping, and firing effects of the Blitzkrieg, Silenced Pistol, Silenced AR, and Vesper (although the vesper is atm causing the game to crash so it may not make an appearance, and the blitzkrieg uvw map needs redoing).
Fighting for credit is petty. I have most of the major credits recorded from god knows how long ago so if you are really the author of the Siren's model take it up with Jayden because if you're telling the truth I have been misinformed for 4 years. I do recall you beta testing extinction, contamination and paradox, but my memory is drawing a blank on any other contributions you may have made (weapons models?). I am only going by the notes I left myself years ago.

Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
Can you please clarify your xfire so I can be sure it's the old Ender I think I know?

If you would like to help me, or simply beta test you may contact me via PM, MSN, or Xfire which i will list below:

MSN: tracin4@aol.com
Xfire: guardianender

Add me on either one and I will confirm that. Being called an imposter and a liar sucks. Come on guys, really?

*EDIT*
After staying up all night as of right now the Vesper's exception error has been fixed and the vehicle has been completely retagged from the ground up. I will post pictures soon
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 29, 2010 at 12:41 PM

flyingpenguin117

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 06:31 PM    Msg. 32 of 55       
Where are you on making the maps? And why the hell did you name the Halcyon the Genocide?

Echo77

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 08:56 PM    Msg. 33 of 55       
Where are you on making the maps? And why the hell did you name the Halcyon the Genocide?

The better question would be, why didn't you name a Halcyon the Genocide?

:P

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 11:20 PM    Msg. 34 of 55       
What's wrong with that name?

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 11:25 PM    Msg. 35 of 55       
Halycon (as in halcyon-class cruiser) = peaceful, calm, tranquil
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/halcyon

genocide = the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

It's a contradiction (like starbursts!), and genocide isn't exactly... a good word.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 4, 2020 1:39 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website