A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE

Page 1 of 11 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 11 · Next
Author Topic: The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE (383 messages, Page 1 of 11)
Moderators: Dennis

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 03:29 PM    Msg. 1 of 383       
Okay I decided to do some frapsing of the maps and vehicles to give you nice folks an update on the action. It's been a long time coming and for awhile I was convinced that the Vesper would never see a dogfight due to a wierd exception error with a block function attachment but that has since been fixed after two nights of staying up all night working away. The maps are still being beta tested but there is a light of release at the end of the tunnel. Feedback is good! Let me know what you think guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYh6JCQ1hsQ

Vehicle list:

Contamination:
-Longsword
-Rocket Jet (Extinction)
-Mythos
-Scarab
-Blacked out Stealth ChaingunMissilehog
-Phantom
-Brute Ghost
-Spectre
-Siren Jet
-Blacked out Stealth Bulldog
-Blacked out Stealth Gauss Hog
-Brute Banshee
-Hornet
-AA Wraith
-Scorpion
-Covenant Gun Tower
-Seraph
-Blacked out Stealth Missile Pelican
-Fuel Rod Ghost
-Wasp
-Blacked out Stealth Drop Pod Pelican
-Elephant
-Shadow
-Mini Mac Cannon
-Mass Driver Cannon
-Vesper
-H3 Banshee

Genocide:
-Longsword
-Rocket Jet (Extinction)
-Mythos
-Scarab
-Blacked out Stealth ChaingunMissilehog
-Phantom
-Brute Ghost
-Spectre
-Siren Jet
-Blacked out Stealth Bulldog
-Blacked out Stealth Gauss Hog
-Brute Banshee
-Hornet
-AA Wraith
-Scorpion
-Covenant Gun Tower
-Seraph
-Blacked out Stealth Missile Pelican
-Wasp
-Elephant
-Shadow
-Mini Mac Cannon
-Mass Driver Cannon
-Vesper
-H3 Banshee
-Battlecruiser
-Mini-Carrier Dropship

Paradox:
-Chaingun Turrets
-Snow Missilehog
-Snow Chaingun Hog
-Brute Ghost
-Spectre
-Snow Gauss Hog
-Hornet
-AA Wraith
-Scorpion
-Elephant
-Shadow
-H3 Banshee

Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 30, 2010 at 05:09 AM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 05:07 PM    Msg. 2 of 383       
Very interesting concept for the Vesper. Looks great, and seems like it'll be fun to fly.

As for the Siren.....

O_______________O
Must fly. NAO!

Hs_crozzhair

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 05:40 PM    Msg. 3 of 383       
good concepts, good execution, but underwater base???!!?!!? me no like

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 05:48 PM    Msg. 4 of 383       
Me want see mini-mac cannon!

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 05:57 PM    Msg. 5 of 383       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant Major
Maps look nice. I can honestly say that. However much I liked the Vesper, it needs some smoothing to look Covenant. Less boxy, and I would recommend slanting the wings to give it a more unique look from the Human jet, in addition to incorporating some of the Banshee design.

I also think the Siren's cockpit should be moved forward, right now it looks like a flying racecar.

I don't know if you care about canon, but methinks that Assault Carrier needs to be resized. Remember, each of those white dots on the exterior are windows .-.
Actually, from what I've seen so far, I think most if not all the capital ships could be resized.

Other than that, I can't wait ^^

Thanks for the input! The Vesper is the most fun I've ever had flying through the air. The very concept of a covenant jet is cool. I have focused extremely hard in it's physics in particular, but all of the physics of the jets have been improved. The Vesper is capable of doing barrel rolls and backflips if you practice. It can maneuver with extreme precision. Unfortunately the source files I have from around 4 years ago are corrupt and crash 3ds max so I'd have to start over by decompiling it with TheGhost's GBXModel importer.

As for the ships, yeah they're all scaled down but they are just models I found on the internet (not the Genocide, but the Carrier and Cruiser). These maps are already pushing Halo CE's archaic engine so I dunno if I want them any bigger =s Plus I have no visual reference to go by so I have no idea how big they should actually be. :(

Quote: --- Original message by: Hs_crozzhair
good concepts, good execution, but underwater base???!!?!!? me no like

The bases are in the cliffs on opposing sides. The water is just below the structure that blue team's jets occupy. There is a vehicle teleporter underwater but it's to get on top of the structure where blue team's flag is.

Quote: --- Original message by: Amazingcuziam
Me want see mini-mac cannon!

Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 29, 2010 at 06:06 PM

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 06:16 PM    Msg. 6 of 383       
Quote: Plus I have no visual reference to go by so I have no idea how big they should actually be. :(

Here ya go

Igotaname13_

Igotaname13 Steam

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 06:23 PM    Msg. 7 of 383       
LOLOL I rip you

Seriously though? Extinction vehicles. Be more original.
Edited by Igotaname13_ on Oct 29, 2010 at 06:24 PM

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:01 PM    Msg. 8 of 383       
Quote: --- Original message by: Igotaname13_

LOLOL I rip you

Seriously though? Extinction vehicles. Be more original.
Edited by Igotaname13_ on Oct 29, 2010 at 06:24 PM

Oh sorry I didn't know this game was open sourced.

..oh wait

HOORAY YOU'RE THE FIRST ONE TO LABEL ME A RIPPER SINCE I RETURNED TO THESE FORUMS!!!1

^There ya go have something original. I made that image just now just for you!

The chaingun missile hog was done myself and the Extinction jet was only a model when I received it from Tiamat. All the vehicles have had my personal spin added to them if they we're not my own. But nope I've never done anything. EVER!

fail

Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 29, 2010 at 07:05 PM

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:04 PM    Msg. 9 of 383       
Use Amazingcuziam's mac cannon. It's the one from reach :D

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:05 PM    Msg. 10 of 383       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337

drool...

more drool...

pic mb?

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:09 PM    Msg. 11 of 383       
Quote: --- Original message by: DA_Ender

drool...

more drool...

pic mb?
thats what i looked like, looks better now, bit moar glitchy. you'll have to get it textured though, and fix the errors :) thats the 3d model http://www.megaupload.com/?d=43SFE4ZS and thats the download link :D
Edited by Amazingcuziam on Oct 29, 2010 at 07:11 PM

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:09 PM    Msg. 12 of 383       
Rip the sounds!!

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:12 PM    Msg. 13 of 383       
Rip the sounds!!
Who me? i dun know how to make sounds for vehicles.

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:14 PM    Msg. 14 of 383       
thats what i looked like, looks better now, bit moar glitchy. you'll have to get it textured though, and fix the errors :)
thats the 3d model http://www.megaupload.com/?d=43SFE4ZS and thats the download link :D

You my friend
are Amazing
Thank you

The texturing will be hard but I'll try my hardest with what I have, but if I had some ideas that would point me in the right direction

As for sounds, well I can throw something together but if someone provides me with the Reach firing sound I would love them very much
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 29, 2010 at 07:16 PM

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:18 PM    Msg. 15 of 383       

thats what i looked like, looks better now, bit moar glitchy. you'll have to get it textured though, and fix the errors :)
thats the 3d model http://www.megaupload.com/?d=43SFE4ZS and thats the download link :D

You my friend
are Amazing
Thank you

The texturing will be hard but I'll try my hardest with what I have, but if I had some ideas that would point me in the right direction

As for sounds, well I can throw something together but if someone provides me with the Reach firing sound I would love them very much
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 29, 2010 at 07:16 PM

i can get it for you :) just gotta find a youtube video with it, and if you do get it textured, can me haz texurez?

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:20 PM    Msg. 16 of 383       
i can get it for you :) just gotta find a youtube video with it, and if you do get it textured, can me haz texurez?

I WILL figure the texture out it just might not be perfect. Anybody can have anything that is featured in the trinity map pack they will all be unprotected as I have always done in the past.

*EDIT*
Well I just checked out what you have so far and I'm impressed although it does have a render issue that's easy to fix. I think this is a GREAT project I would love to be a part of. WOOT more sleepless nights slaving over my computer!
Fun stuff.
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 29, 2010 at 07:30 PM

Slap Happy

Life ain't fair, buy a helmet.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:36 PM    Msg. 17 of 383       
If you use the Hornet, please consider using my effects/sounds rather than HNMP's sounds/effects, you can dl Hornets Nest here: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5371

You will see my version of idle/flying variations to the engines/exhaust, and a varying contrail sound in varying pitches makes it much more enjoyable than a single flat flying sound, however you may want to slow the rate of fire - if applicable. The rockets also have homing, but not to a ridiculous degree.

I look forward to it, but I don't play the super large maps due to sniper camping, which I think lacks skill, enthusiasm or a flare for life.

I would love a large sky race, or dog fight sky race, but there is a need to increase the activation radius of waypoint flags/navigation points. And to have both teams and vehicles spawn in a central location, due to race being very random on team vehicle/player spawns. And if you fail to setup race game types . . . A jinx will be upon all your endeavors in halo, in life and spontaneous warts will appear in amost untimely and unsavory locations.
Edited by Slap Happy on Oct 29, 2010 at 07:40 PM

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:48 PM    Msg. 18 of 383       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slap Happy

If you use the Hornet, please consider using my effects/sounds rather than HNMP's sounds/effects, you can dl Hornets Nest here: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5371

You will see my version of idle/flying variations to the engines/exhaust, and a varying contrail sound in varying pitches makes it much more enjoyable than a single flat flying sound, however you may want to slow the rate of fire - if applicable. The rockets also have homing, but not to a ridiculous degree.

I look forward to it, but I don't play the super large maps due to sniper camping, which I think lacks skill, enthusiasm or a flare for life.

I would love a large sky race, or dog fight sky race, but there is a need to increase the activation radius of waypoint flags/navigation points. And to have both teams and vehicles spawn in a central location, due to race being very random on team vehicle/player spawns. And if you fail to setup race game types . . . A jinx will be upon all your endeavors in halo, in life and spontaneous warts will appear in amost untimely and unsavory locations.
Edited by Slap Happy on Oct 29, 2010 at 07:40 PM

The Hornet is from "Hornets Nest" no worries on that I much prefer that version although it has been given a slight speed and power boost to match the quicker more powerful banshees.

Race will be supported in all three maps.

supersniper

fear the sniper

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:53 PM    Msg. 19 of 383       
... so yeah after all these years no one has yet to fix the crappy projectile path for the guns on the seraph...

ps: just a bunch of rips.

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 07:55 PM    Msg. 20 of 383       

I WILL figure the texture out it just might not be perfect. Anybody can have anything that is featured in the trinity map pack they will all be unprotected as I have always done in the past.

*EDIT*
Well I just checked out what you have so far and I'm impressed although it does have a render issue that's easy to fix. I think this is a GREAT project I would love to be a part of. WOOT more sleepless nights slaving over my computer!
Fun stuff.
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 29, 2010 at 07:30 PM
Well, your slaving just got slightly shorter, i got the firing sound for the MAC cannon, dont know what to do with it though, .ogg is what it needs to be right? How would you like me to send it to you?

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 09:41 PM    Msg. 21 of 383       
Can't we retain both the old cannon you utilised and the new MAC?

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 09:53 PM    Msg. 22 of 383       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
Can't we retain both the old cannon you utilised and the new MAC?

Indeed this is my intention :)

Edit
After half an hour of tedious UVW mapping we are starting to get somewhere:

EDIT 2
2 hours later

It's very basic, but sure as hell beats solid textureless black.

The markers have all been redone, aswell as all the nodes and linkage. The lousy seat that was there likely as a placeholder has been removed and replaced with a seat of my own. The placeholder animations are completed and the uvw maps are getting started. Basic tagging is done. The Rendering bounds glitch is fixed and the placeholder weapon there but useless. So its back to 3ds max to complete the UVW maps and create the real animations. It's not Halo Reach, and will never be, but i'll do the best I can without a texture.
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 30, 2010 at 01:15 AM
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 30, 2010 at 01:17 AM

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 01:23 AM    Msg. 23 of 383       
I like =)

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 02:24 AM    Msg. 24 of 383       
Well if you like stupid crappy renders, try this
all this slaving is paying off..

phew it's finally ingame and not insanely glitchy. But I want more... I want lightning and lightvolume effects running down the "barrels" like the mythos's little bit of blue lightning when it fire. Plus for visuals I want red marker lights all down the "barrels" (which means more markers and tagging h4x) and a working hydraulic piece. Also the sound that was given to me was corrupt so I'm still without the proper firing sound :( spartan laser sound just doesn't do it. AHH so much to do so little energy left.

All in good time.

*EDIT*
Another step complete it is ingame and a function vehicle. Fully animated with working hydraulics. The weapon is in progress.

Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 30, 2010 at 05:08 AM

*FINAL BETA*

Weapons are complete, just need the lightning effect and some kind of recoil animation to top it all off.

Oh but ya I'm definately a ripper who knows nothing about the HEK.
I r haz notz able to makz anytingz kustom =s
Thanks again for the model for this Amazingcuziam.
I created this from the ground up all by myself, got it ingame, tested, and working completely glitch free in one day. Pwnt you labeling tards.
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 30, 2010 at 06:42 AM

Lateksi

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 07:04 AM    Msg. 25 of 383       
Really nice but all of the cliffs have the same height.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 08:42 AM    Msg. 26 of 383       
Too many cannons D=

Hs_crozzhair

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 08:57 AM    Msg. 27 of 383       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
Really nice but all of the cliffs have the same height.

since when?

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 02:14 PM    Msg. 28 of 383       
can I beta test plz? I really wanna try that mac gun when it has the correct firing and sounds :D

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 02:17 PM    Msg. 29 of 383       
can I beta test plz? I really wanna try that mac gun when it has the correct firing and sounds :D
yeah, lol so do i, but we don't all get what we want lol.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 02:37 PM    Msg. 30 of 383       
Oh well. Ill just pwn with it when the map pack comes out.

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 01:54 AM    Msg. 31 of 383       
Oh well. Ill just pwn with it when the map pack comes out.

LOL yeah me and my testers have had so much fun with it...FINALLY something balance out the
covenant gun towers (we were just using gun towers on both sidez)

but now you pwn battlecruisers with your mighty MAC
It is complete now with Halo REACH sound and all. Courtesy of AmazingcuzIam for the uncompiled sound.
I will being doing its release test soon.
If you want to be a part of the major beta test hit me up with a PM
Edited by DA_Ender on Oct 31, 2010 at 02:27 AM

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 03:16 AM    Msg. 32 of 383       
i dont know why you still havent taken notice of this post, because in my opinion this is a very obvious problem.

Quote: --- Original message by: supersniper
... so yeah after all these years no one has yet to fix the crappy projectile path for the guns on the seraph...

also, the range of the missilehog's missiles lock on is too short, unless you love to get shot at by strafing fighters who are out of range of your missiles' lock on.
otherwise, so far so good.

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 03:31 AM    Msg. 33 of 383       
Quote: --- Original message by: sargejohnson
i dont know why you still havent taken notice of this post, because in my opinion this is a very obvious problem.

Quote: --- Original message by: supersniper

also, the range of the missilehog's missiles lock on is too short, unless you love to get shot at by strafing fighters who are out of range of your missiles' lock on.
otherwise, so far so good.

The missile hog has been fixed but the seraph has a deep seated problem I can't seem to fix. It's been lame and nothing I do fixes it. If you want to aim straight you have to be moving. Its PMSing like that

Lateksi

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 10:49 AM    Msg. 34 of 383       
Replying to the cliff answer:

Since they were made. They look unnatural.
Edited by Lateksi on Oct 31, 2010 at 10:50 AM

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 11:35 AM    Msg. 35 of 383       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi

Replying to the cliff answer:

Since they were made. They look unnatural.
Edited by Lateksi on Oct 31, 2010 at 10:50 AM

The bsp will likely be the final I will use. There are many changes that could be made but the radiosity for this map literally takes 46 hours. Just to move a few verticies around? No thanks. Hundreds of maps are more boxy than any of these three. Bsp's weren't (and never will be) my specialty.

Page 1 of 11 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 11 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat July 20, 2019 12:12 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website