A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Translating the tutorials?

Author Topic: Translating the tutorials? (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 09:05 AM    Msg. 1 of 8       
I just signed in today in the forum(not that I'm new since I've been checking for ages the maps and tutorials without signing in) but I mainly did it because I'm seen some post about riping stuff and the lower quality maps are having these days, mainly those by Sphinxbio, and you guys blame it on the tutorials been in English and not in Spanish. I am from Puerto Rico and if you are not retarded you can deduce I speak fluently both languages and I am offering my help to translate the Forum tutorials and to help translate discussions in posts between English and Spanish speakers. I saw that you guys where wanting help and I am offering it.

The tutorials to be translated you guys have to post the links in the reply section down this post, my goal is to stop some flame wars and misunderstanding between members, if you want me to translate conversations and quick posts to help them understand I have no problem and I can do it fast if I am signed in, the tutorials will take some days due to the amount of work an university student has in his engineering classes.

My work will not be used in flamewars and stuff like that. If that happens I will ditch and delete the requests, lets be mature with this.

If I find free time I will try to make REACH maps since the powerhouse seems to be of low quality.

I made another account seconds before this one with the username Patxi but I miss typed the email address and was sent to an unknown email address, I ask the admins to delete that account.

PRPatxi

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 11:15 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
assassinchief106 and Goldkilla88 nice meeting both of you! ^_^

SeanTheLawn

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 11:32 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       
Oh cool, I went to a Mexican Halo site (halomexico.com) to look for a translator but only 1 guy responded and to be honest I don't think he was truly fluent in English.

What you need to understand is that translating a tutorial (especially some of the bigger ones) will probably mean a lot of work, considering many of them are rather long. I'll look through the list and figure out which are the most basic and helpful to a new user.

PRPatxi

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 01:46 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: SeanTheLawn
Oh cool, I went to a Mexican Halo site (halomexico.com) to look for a translator but only 1 guy responded and to be honest I don't think he was truly fluent in English.

What you need to understand is that translating a tutorial (especially some of the bigger ones) will probably mean a lot of work, considering many of them are rather long. I'll look through the list and figure out which are the most basic and helpful to a new user.

Sure, just put the links on a reply and I will start to work on them.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 04:14 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Translate the original HEK tutorial please. I think some people would benefit.

http://hce.halomaps.org/hek/

PRPatxi

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 04:44 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood

Just starting to do it, do you want me to include the Technology Overview?

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 06:03 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi
Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood

Just starting to do it, do you want me to include the Technology Overview?

As much as you can do, as it's all valuable information to a newb.

PRPatxi

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 09:36 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Actually,no I don't see why to translate it, but I asked just in case.

I have quite a lot translated, although I have two test coming soon, so probably tomorrow I would not dedicate so much time like today!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 11:48 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website