A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »New Halo PC Games?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: New Halo PC Games? (38 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

flyingpenguin117

You must Never, EVER leave a SINGLE BOB ALIVE!!!

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 10:03 PM    Msg. 1 of 38       
OK Halo CE is dying, and we all know that. New games, Halo 3 and Reach in particular, are putting the multiplayer capability of CE to shame. There are tons of maps, too many, actually. Good new maps are hard to come by, so we're stuck playing Hugeass, Coldsnap, RPG Beta 6_2, and Extinction. Limitations of the game engine are getting frustrating, and good mappers and scripters have moved on, and everyone (including myself) are ripping. I'm sure other people have wanted this, but I would like to see later Halo games released for PC and, possibly pre-loaded, Custom Editions. We could do so much more with the engines of new games, Halo Wars in particular. This post doesn't mean or prove anything, but who all would like to see MOAR Halo games for PC?

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 10:22 PM    Msg. 2 of 38       
cool story bro.

I agree but theres nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

Sinow

Everybody Lies

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 10:49 PM    Msg. 3 of 38       
A better engine would be very very very nice, but then again, we have things like Source and Unreal Engine. For those of us without the computer power to run such engines, HCE is ideal. But the Halo game franchise has had its hayday, no? I've played Halo since its release, and though every game is great (don't know why people say Halo Wars sucked) Halo is more or less an average FPS; in Halo 1 we didn't have equipment or armor abilities or dual wielding. And now that we do, what else are we supposed to add to Halo without changing the core gameplay?

There are tons of ideas of things we can do to Halo with a better engine and innovation, but in that case its not Halo anymore.

One thing I've noticed about the community is that we are so dependent on the Halo games for inspiration; Halo 2 came out and we tried so hard to recreate its maps and dual wielding. Same thing for Halo 3, now we are trying to replicate its weapons and such, and trying to get equipment to work. ODST came out and we're all making Firefights like crazy. ETC ETC.
Of course there are totally new and innovative things that have been added now, but again, its not really Halo. Making a level featuring fighting against terrorists and with modern-day weapons isn't Halo, its just a minigame made using the Halo engine.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I believe Halo time is over. And the engine, limited as it is, still provides inspiration and entertainment and noobs to us. If we had Reach's engine, imagine what some of the members of our community could make! Whole new games could come out, and it wouldn't be Halo, just using its engine. But in that case, we might as well just go to a real engine.

Those of us who know how to make maps have no inspiration to finish them (*cough*gamma*cough*) and those with inspiration have no knowledge of making maps/are nubs and just rip.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 10:52 PM    Msg. 4 of 38       
I respectfully disagree.
Some of the best content for CE is coming out this year.
It's not over.

Co1t3r

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 10:53 PM    Msg. 5 of 38       
http://store.steampowered.com/
Get over this game and stop worrying about it dying.
It's a good thing.
It's about time.

library210

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 01:27 AM    Msg. 6 of 38       
I wanted Halo 3 will be port up PC T.T,I need a new engine

Wrath

well isn't this a surprise

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 08:29 AM    Msg. 7 of 38       
a game like H3CE would be a great successor of HCE.
But seriously Bungie should do something like H3CE for pc, like c'mon it would be a great opportunity for us to try out h3's engine.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 09:05 AM    Msg. 8 of 38       
We need a new engine to put in Reach stuff and dual wielding.

Edited by SlappyThePirate on Nov 5, 2010 at 09:05 AM

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 09:28 AM    Msg. 9 of 38       

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 10:10 AM    Msg. 10 of 38       
Duals work in my firefight and they will be in Valhalla, just you see.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 10:35 AM    Msg. 11 of 38       
It's time people to fill the petition for Reach to PC :P http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/HR4PC

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 03:29 PM    Msg. 12 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: assassinchief106
Oh, like, picking up two weapons at once, not picking one up freely, AWESOME!
Stop being so freking negative. No, I mean dual wields like in Halo 2.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 03:39 PM    Msg. 13 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
Duals work in my firefight and they will be in Valhalla, just you see.

Ohhh you have a link for it?

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 04:46 PM    Msg. 14 of 38       
No, neither map is completed.
Edited by SlappyThePirate on Nov 5, 2010 at 04:47 PM

flyingpenguin117

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 07:34 PM    Msg. 15 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sinow
Of course there are totally new and innovative things that have been added now, but again, its not really Halo. Making a level featuring fighting against terrorists and with modern-day weapons isn't Halo, its just a minigame made using the Halo engine.

I'm actually working on a world war 2 map series. And even if it isn't Halo, It still has its core in Halo, and even those features could be converted into regular Halo. A new engine allows more potential, and personally, I would like to see an engine editor (or something like it) so you can program new features (like F99 UAV airstrikes!)

abkarch

This account is old. Sorry for inappropriate posts

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 08:02 PM    Msg. 16 of 38       
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=33685&start=1

BUT its pretty much halted, it never really got anywhere because people are too selfish to help.

and gamma, i HAVE fixed your AR origins since that picture
Edited by abkarch on Nov 6, 2010 at 08:02 PM

sUpErSpArTan108

I will pwn you in halo 3

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 08:30 PM    Msg. 17 of 38       
well if you guys are complaining for a new engine then just buy the game its as simple as that either that or save up

flyingpenguin117

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 09:26 PM    Msg. 18 of 38       
1) I don't have an Xbox 360
2) I want the new engine for new custom content.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 10:16 PM    Msg. 19 of 38       
Halo is a now known as a regular fps, besides from the forgotten fact that its first game, Halo: Combat Evolved, completley revolutionized FPS gaming from controls to gameplay mechanics.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 08:42 AM    Msg. 20 of 38       
We don't need a game engine, and we don't need to edit the current game engine. The game engine has limits, yes, but there are a lot of scripts that we can still use. Some of the firefight maps have shops now, which is brilliant. And rpg beta 6.2 brought in Lockdown, Red Alert, and even a triggered explosion. Some maps have destructible scenery, and some maps have giant cannons.

We don't need new scripts anymore, we have the ones we need. What we really need is somebody who can think of a way to combine the scripts we have into a good map. New maps are coming out quite quickly lately. OpsY is working on RPSP, Curse, and another map that I can't remember. DA Ender is working on the Trinity Map Pack. And CMT has already released some multiplayer maps quite recently.

We don't need anything new when it comes to scripts, vehicles, and weapons. We need somebody who can turn what we have into a picture book. Not literally a picture book, but all of the objects forming what can seem like a story. Yes, we need good gameplay, but what I have failed to notice in a lot of maps is the storyline. Some mapmakers write up a storyline in their map description. But not many mapmakers have managed to make a real picture book type map.

Now, I'm not saying that all mapmakers are rubbish. I can't even be bothered to learn how to model, so I can't really say anything about rubbish map makers. I'm just saying that a lot of mapmakers lack creativity. They provide great gameplay, but great gameplay can get boring quite quickly. Whereas books can be read over and over again, until you've memorised every single detail. I loved Coldsnap when I first downloaded it. But now it's just gotten boring, and it seems like it's just had the same sentence repeated over and over again in a book.

Conclusion: We don't need edits to the game engine, and we don't need new and innovative vehicles, and weapons. All we need is somebody who can turn a house into a palace.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 09:26 AM    Msg. 21 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: flyingpenguin117
OK Halo CE is dying

No. Not at all. I'm telling you this before Dennis waltzes in here and throws statistics in your face. Most people are working on a TON of stuff, but they haven't made it public and have stuff IRL that impedes the creation process. Be patient.

MegaSquirrel

Deal with it nerd

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 11:44 AM    Msg. 22 of 38       
Bungie is only making console games now
Feels bad

Advancebo

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 12:02 PM    Msg. 23 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: MegaSquirrel
Feels bad

Their new contract for Activison will be across all platforms.

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 12:05 PM    Msg. 24 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Feels bad

But then we'll have a poor ass excuse for an internet system *cough* steam *cough* on the PC, with no dedicated server support, and we'll also have something called PunkBuster where the only punk getting busted is you.

The PC is dead, people.

Co1t3r

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 12:13 PM    Msg. 25 of 38       
Steam is great. PunkBuster works. PC gaming is still better.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 12:16 PM    Msg. 26 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: AGLion
Feels bad

But then we'll have a poor ass excuse for an internet system *cough* steam *cough* on the PC, with no dedicated server support, and we'll also have something called PunkBuster where the only punk getting busted is you.

Yes.
Quote: --- Original message by: AGLion
The PC is dead, people.

Not exactly. MLG gaming is dominated by the 360 more than the PC, though PC games tend to have a more casual aspect to it. For instance, whenever I play matches in Halo with friends, or coop in HAWX or zombies in WaW, it's usually a social aspect. It's something to do while chatting, which, to me, is more fun than MLG gaming.

MegaSquirrel

Deal with it nerd

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 12:37 PM    Msg. 27 of 38       
Why are you making up stuff?there's nothing between activation and bungie.steam is great and pc gaming isn't dead.

Bungie is disregarding PC just as valve makes no threat out of consoles.
There will never be another halo for the pc

Sadfrpg.jpg

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 12:51 PM    Msg. 28 of 38       
I wish Gearbox or Bungie would seriously beg MS like they did last time for another Custom Edition Halo. H2V was a failure and there is so much potential with Halo 3 and Halo Reach. Could 343 have this in mind possibly?

Advancebo

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 12:52 PM    Msg. 29 of 38       
Back before ODST, Microsoft gave Bungie a choice to whether work on H3 ODST or an HD remake of Halo.
Edited by Advancebo on Nov 7, 2010 at 12:53 PM

MegaSquirrel

Deal with it nerd

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 12:56 PM    Msg. 30 of 38       
Source

Advancebo

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 01:01 PM    Msg. 31 of 38       
Source

google is your friend.

MegaSquirrel

Deal with it nerd

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 01:04 PM    Msg. 32 of 38       
Source

google is your friend.

Yes but in this case what can I find?halo HD?
Sure nice making up stuff

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 11:48 PM    Msg. 33 of 38       
I would not want a port of any existing Halo game to the PC. Too many ports are done improperly and result in unoptimized games requiring way more power than should be necessary to run them.

abkarch

This account is old. Sorry for inappropriate posts

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 07:05 AM    Msg. 34 of 38       
meaning, youd ACTUALLY need a GOOD pc to play reach PC!!! ZOMG!

what do yall expect, th be able to play reach PC on a computer as good as the recommended requirements for halo CE?

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 08:05 AM    Msg. 35 of 38       
What Caboose is referring to is what happened to Halo 2 Vista.
WAY too much power needed to run an average-graphics game.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon August 10, 2020 11:11 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website