A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Usable Prowler Cruiser

Author Topic: Usable Prowler Cruiser (23 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

flyingpenguin117

You must Never, EVER leave a SINGLE BOB ALIVE!!!

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 05:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 23       
I'm working on a vehicle conversion of OpsY's Prowler, and I was wondering what its weapons should be. I'm currently in the modeling process, and placed primary triggers on the side. They will be pulse lasers, and I was wondering what the secondary weapon should be. I was thinking either a slow-firing explosive cannon or missiles, but is there something different I should add?

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 06:04 PM    Msg. 2 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: flyingpenguin117
I'm working on a vehicle conversion of OpsY's Prowler, and I was wondering what its weapons should be. I'm currently in the modeling process, and placed primary triggers on the side. They will be pulse lasers, and I was wondering what the secondary weapon should be. I was thinking either a slow-firing explosive cannon or missiles, but is there something different I should add?

Archer missiles.

flyingpenguin117

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 06:11 PM    Msg. 3 of 23       
Sounds good. Also, I forgot to ask this, but I also wanted to make itts turret usable, but the whole model is fused as one. Is it possible to detach part of it and make it a useable part?

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 07:06 PM    Msg. 4 of 23       
You can only have one person controlling the guns on a vehicle, so if you make multiple turrets, they'll all end up being controlled by one person.

flyingpenguin117

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 09:13 PM    Msg. 5 of 23       
That was for V2. The pilot would control the turret unless a gunner was in the turret. Also, it IS possible to have multiple turrets on a vehicle. During modelling, you put in seats where turrets would go. During tag editing, you enable the seats unusable by people, and while mapping, you make a script which creates several turrets and attaches them where you want the with the objects_attach command.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 09:24 PM    Msg. 6 of 23       
That was for V2. The pilot would control the turret unless a gunner was in the turret. Also, it IS possible to have multiple turrets on a vehicle. During modelling, you put in seats where turrets would go. During tag editing, you enable the seats unusable by people, and while mapping, you make a script which creates several turrets and attaches them where you want the with the objects_attach command.

Win.

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 09:56 PM    Msg. 7 of 23       
I'm glad he knew of that otherwise I would've been suggesting it now. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

CorruptedHalo

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 09:57 PM    Msg. 8 of 23       
Whenever I see a thread with the word "prowler" in it, I get my hopes up it's a Brute Prowler.
>:C

ODST72

Where's the rest of your platoon?

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 04:50 PM    Msg. 9 of 23       
Antillean spider mines

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 07:11 PM    Msg. 10 of 23       
Mines don't work well in CE.
Anyhow are you suggesting that multiple turrets on a prowler can be manned by different people on board?

flyingpenguin117

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 07:44 PM    Msg. 11 of 23       
No. I just want that turret on the back to move so it looks better than it just sitting there. There is no other suitable location on the cruiser (I prefer to address it as a corvette, due to its size).

ODST72

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 04:04 PM    Msg. 12 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant Major
A fitting special weapon would be active camouflage.

Thats really true it is a stealth ship

flyingpenguin117

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 04:59 PM    Msg. 13 of 23       
That was a recommendation I saw in another thread. Is that even possible with a vehicle? I saw it on the tachikoma, but that wasn't very good.

Edit: I have it exported and mostly tagged! I just have to get in a model animation, and It should be able to get in the game

Edited by flyingpenguin117 on Nov 12, 2010 at 10:45 PM

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 03:29 AM    Msg. 14 of 23       

That was a recommendation I saw in another thread. Is that even possible with a vehicle? I saw it on the tachikoma, but that wasn't very good.

Edit: I have it exported and mostly tagged! I just have to get in a model animation, and It should be able to get in the game

Edited by flyingpenguin117 on Nov 12, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Active Camouflage is totally possible on any vehicle. You can set it up in the export/import functions. I did the tagging on the Cloaking Wraith that debuted in Downlow. Just FYI Tiamat did an excellent job on the Tachikoma and the Cloak Wraith uses a nearly identical system. Trust me it doesn't get any better looking than that with Halo CE's archaic engine. The only problem you might run into is tagging a flying vehicle to have it because the functions might already be all used up (engine hack ctrl and hover space bar) so you might have to cut out one of those features cause I don't know of a way to assign the camo to the flashlight button. It might be possible but I've never seen anyone accomplish it before. The wraith had its ctrl boost function removed to have the cloak cause it was the only way to do it although it was possible to assign the boost effect to the flashlight cause it allows an effect. Export functions for the active camo works in a completely different way (it's not just an effect that makes you invisible not even close it iz teh h4x)
Edited by DA_Ender on Nov 14, 2010 at 03:31 AM

ODST72

Posted: Nov 17, 2010 08:22 PM    Msg. 15 of 23       
is it a public release please say yes

flyingpenguin117

Posted: Nov 17, 2010 10:21 PM    Msg. 16 of 23       
Probably. In defence of rippers, I say there is little difference between downloading a tag online and ripping it from a map.

Matooba

Crust on Halomaps! :)

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 09:54 PM    Msg. 17 of 23       
So whats the update on this?

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 10:19 PM    Msg. 18 of 23       
No way, you are not dead.

warchieftain

Tar-21 ftw

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 10:30 PM    Msg. 19 of 23       

Humanity is not advanced enough to have pulse lazers, use machine guns, and two person controlled or else you have another version of extinctions pelican, an op gunship

ODST72

Posted: Nov 20, 2010 07:11 PM    Msg. 20 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: warchieftain
Humanity is not advanced enough to have pulse lazers, use machine guns, and two person controlled or else you have another version of extinctions pelican, an op gunship

not true the humans have been trying to replicate cove tech and they so far have done some good eg shields and some grav tech too so he can do that if he wanted

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Nov 20, 2010 07:28 PM    Msg. 21 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: warchieftain

If you read the panels in the Prowler on RPG Beta 6, you can find the controls for the "Pulse Laser Interface".
The ships from Boarding Action are advanced enough to feature an onboard teleporter grid.
The UNSC Prowler is said to feature at least two pulse laser turrets. http://www.halopedian.com/UNSC_Prowler

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Nov 20, 2010 11:33 PM    Msg. 22 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
No way, you are not dead.

I am thinking the same thing, while wondering why nobody else has even noticed.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 02:48 PM    Msg. 23 of 23       
wow... matooba.. i cant believe not many people noticed..

i like how old members show up out of no where.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 4, 2020 4:17 AM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website