A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »The IWHBYD skull

Author Topic: The IWHBYD skull (22 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: Nov 11, 2010 12:17 AM    Msg. 1 of 22       
Is there a certain way that bungie intended the iwhbyd skull to be found instead of countless falied attempts playing through on legendary just to find an empty room with a sniper inside?

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Nov 11, 2010 06:22 PM    Msg. 2 of 22       
LOL, its hard on purpose. Its not supposed to be easy to find nor easy to get passed.

First search through the videos on Youtube.

Back when I played it on XBox I found a route that always worked, once you do find it, it helps to find a save point just before you activate it. So use the pause menu option to go back to the last check-point until you locate a check-point that is even closer. Careful though, if you use this too many times it will send you back even further.

Now I do not remember the exact order but spawning the skull seems to depend on avoiding some battles/encounters/scripts and activating others.

I believe I never entered the first court-yard, so I jumped up above the first enemy. Then you head towards the Blind Skull, now keep jumping/crouch-jumping above that skull. This should bring you to the edge of the map, careful sometimes you will fall through.

Now circumnavigate the crash-site (where you start on this map). If you are familiar with the roof-tops in this section you will know that you can get to the freeway from here, so go there, staying above the ground. I'm a little foggy on this part, I know sometimes the Pelican will fail to leave.

I think you wanted the Sniper Alley section to happen next but you still wanted to be on the rooftops, so from the freeway crouch-jump on top of the next roof-top (right side from the ground level where the marines are or kinda behind the Pelican). Then walk a little forward to cause the Sniper Alley enemys to load.

Now stop going forward, you should be facing where the Sniping Jackals are (or would be) in that wrecked building. Turn 45 degrees left and jump over to the other roof-tops. Follow this roof section all the way around to Hotel Zanzibar. This part is important, you must go to the Hotel before going to the IWHBYD skull spawn area.

Once you get to the Hotel you need to kill the Elites on the ground (notice these are the first enemys I have asked you to kill). Its been years but I recall this part was very important. Try to Snipe all of the Elites with the Sniper you should have grabbed from Johnson at the beginning of the map. Headshots, do not miss, kill them quickly.

After that see if the Skull has spawned. Do not pick it up yet, try and find a good check-point and lotsa weapons/ammos/marines before that, you'll need it.

If any of this is confusing I suggest exploring Outskirts more and again check for videos on Youtube.

Muscl3r

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 05:44 AM    Msg. 3 of 22       
I am quite familiar with the roof tops on outskirts. Infact, Headnoob and myself often get together for a little exploration using sputnik. I find your guide very easy to understand so Thanks for that.

Some questions about the skull:

Is it like the odst vids i've seen where you head shot a grunt and its like "yay yay Yaaayyyy" ?

Kills_Alone

Posted: Nov 13, 2010 07:09 PM    Msg. 4 of 22       
Dunno, never played ODST, and as I said I have not spawned the IWHBYD skull in years.

---------

I would Have Been Your Daddy...

...But the Dog Beat Me Over the Fence.

Some speculate that this is in reference to something deeper, such as the connection between Humans and the other alien species, to be more specific, that they are related. Having not played any Halos passed 2 I do not know how much of this is answered later on in the games. They did cover some of it in Halo Legends and it should come up in the next book.

Why am I rambling on about this, dunno exactly but it seems like its all connected. At one point I was convinced there was a secret in H2 that could only be opened by activating all skulls. I guess when you conquer the IWHBYD skull you want something even crazier, lol.

Muscl3r

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 05:04 AM    Msg. 5 of 22       
Soon i'm gonna be able to see if there is something crazy by activating all skulls. Have only set up four of the skulls (by playing through on a profile and saving at the checkpoint b4 the skull) but will get there eventually.
U should get the other halo's. I'm getting halo 3, odst and reach in one big hit very soon. Haven't played any of them either. Well thanks for the giude.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Jan 21, 2011 01:57 AM    Msg. 6 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Muscl3r
Is it like the odst vids i've seen where you head shot a grunt and its like "yay yay Yaaayyyy" ?

That's Grunt Birthday Party skull.
There's also one in Halo 2, it's in The Arbiter, in the banshee part, fly really far down and it's somewhere around the lowest parts of the structure. It's different from H3 and ODST's one in that it not only works on grunts, but on any unshielded and fatal headshot. This includes shooting flood in the tentacles in the centre of the chest. It's also different in that there is no special sound effect or special explosion, a normal plasma grenade explosion happens instead (which seems to do normal plasma grenade damage).

Btw Kills Alone you forgot to tell him that after he grabs the skull he's gonna get teleported into an alleyway, stripped of weapons and given a single Plasma Pistol, and then get pitted in battle against 28 Ultra Elites.

Edited by IcePhoenix on Jan 21, 2011 at 02:03 AM

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 02:34 AM    Msg. 7 of 22       
Because of the ultra elites, I've spent like 2 weeks trying to activate the IWHBYD skull

Kills_Alone

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 06:56 AM    Msg. 8 of 22       
Like I said, get a small army of troops to help you (by pushing them into position) if you need help. You can equip them with weapons (such as a sniper) that only has one bullet; they will never run out.

Collect as many weapons as possible and bring them to the small courtyard near the same area where the skull is (the place with no way out and two doors leading in on either side). You will know its the right place because there is a fire in one corner and those air containers in the other.

Block the doors with as much junk as you can.

Get the save first before picking up the skull, so make sure its there then setup your defense, then save by running around the map until you find a save point.

*If you leave the immediate area you will be teleported back with on a Plasma Pistol.
Edited by Kills_Alone on Jan 22, 2011 at 06:58 AM

Muscl3r

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 07:48 AM    Msg. 9 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix

Quote: --- Original message by: Muscl3r

That's Grunt Birthday Party skull.

Edited by IcePhoenix on Jan 21, 2011 at 02:03 AM

I realize that now. I used to hate that skull on odst. Now i quite like it, especially in theater mode *pop* YAAAY YAAAY *confetti* *confetti*
Especially cos i'm a natural with the odst pistol

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 09:49 AM    Msg. 10 of 22       
There's also another way to kill the Ultras easily, via a glitch with the Envy (or whichever one gives MC camo) skull. The glitch can make me permanently in camoflauge for the rest of the level when you activate it.

Muscl3r

Posted: Jan 25, 2011 03:24 AM    Msg. 11 of 22       
Yeah i've seen people on utube. All i would do is make a new profile and save the checkpoint before the skull so u can go get it whenever you want

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Jan 26, 2011 06:26 AM    Msg. 12 of 22       
Duh.
H2 is broken for not simply allowing you to turn on/off skulls in the main menu.

Muscl3r

Posted: Jan 26, 2011 07:45 PM    Msg. 13 of 22       
I never knew

loops

Your local .ASS problem solver :)

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 05:57 PM    Msg. 14 of 22       
I got a skull on delta halo where there's two invisible elites facing it (but they don't kill you) is that the IWHBYD skull or something else like black eye or some name like that.

Kills_Alone

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 08:04 PM    Msg. 15 of 22       
That would be the skull that swaps your flashlight for invisibility.

ThetianSoldier

Keyboard not found! Press any key to continue...

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 08:08 PM    Msg. 16 of 22       
Envy.

BlueGrunt 177

Grunt voice acting; story lines; textures...

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 12:53 PM    Msg. 17 of 22       
You can still get skulls is Halo 2?! For Xbox or PC? ... or both?

beazt

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 04:00 PM    Msg. 18 of 22       
Both.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 11:54 PM    Msg. 19 of 22       
I've always wondered...what does the IWHBYD skull do anyways? I heard it unlocks some dialogue but I'd like some examples...+

Muscl3r

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 12:10 AM    Msg. 20 of 22       
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=16069273&postRepeater1-p=1#16072858

There's bound to be some vids on u tube better than that

KILLERKEA23

Them ones when you only get a Triple Kill!!!

Posted: Feb 16, 2011 05:36 PM    Msg. 21 of 22       
Answers from a Halo nerd.

The IWHBYD skull activates rare dialogue.
The skull that makes cheer is the Grunt Birthday Party Skull.
However in Halo 2 on Xbox and PC it just makes Covenant explode when they are kill via a headshot.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Mar 18, 2011 11:38 PM    Msg. 22 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kills_Alone
That would be the skull that swaps your flashlight for invisibility.

It's also your easy ticket to IWHBYD skull.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue September 17, 2019 4:06 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website