A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »3ds max

Author Topic: 3ds max (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

yeeyayy

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 10:18 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
when im in Smooth + Highlights view it freezes up!
but only in one of my projects!
any body kno how to fix?!
Edited by yeeyayy on Nov 21, 2010 at 10:21 PM

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 12:31 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Post your computer specs.

Also, it could be an issue with your graphics driver. You may want to go and download the most updated patch. (If Windows 7 then just use windows update)
If not and you maybe have XP, then go to device manager. I think it is in the hardware tab. Find your graphics card make/model, and go to the manufacturers website and download. Sometimes though, I believe even windows update misses stuff so it may be a good idea to do the same here and manually download it anyway just to be safe. Windows 7 has a separate icon in control panel for device manager though so it will be easier to get to.

It could also be caused by running too many graphical or CPU intensive programs at once.
It could also be a memory issue. You may want to schedule a memory check to look for any issues there. While doing that. I may recommend a disk check as well. It never hurts to do that once in a while. I have had it solve some of my problems before.
If nothing seems to be working

Amazingcuziam

Sup.

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 09:34 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
I could quite plausibly have something to do with your model, in wireframe (or whichever you please) press 7. it should pop a yellow counter up. This yellow counter is your poly count, (depending on max version, it could show the whole scenes or just one objects) if its really high (like 50k+) it is probably your poly count. (if it only shows one poly count, write down the polycount for each object, and do the math.)

yeeyayy

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 06:19 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
solved it thanks guy it was weird i hid a matereial ID and it wld freez up but hwne i unhid it it wuld go normal

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 13, 2020 7:25 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website