A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »how to (un)hack the danger canyon map?

Author Topic: how to (un)hack the danger canyon map? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Chaos_Zero

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 10:07 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
I know this really is something minor, but it has always annoyed me.

I remember a fair while ago i used to be able to drive a warthog into the inside part of the danger canyon map and go up through the middle and then around and into one of the tunnels on the side. (you know their are three tunnels on the grey part, its hard to describe, the big middle one, then two more, one for each base) I remember i used to be able to drive the warthog through the base tunnels to arrive on the other side's base, but i was annoyed when i joined a server a while ago and this can no longer be done: their is an "invisible barrier" blocking you from going through.

At first i thought this was because some guy was annoyed at people driving warthogs into the base and he modded or hacked the map file to make it so you cannot do that anymore, but i started to see it on more and more danger canyon servers that i am wondering if it was an official patch or something?

I just today got a nice, powerful, dedicated server up and running, and was completely alarmed when my default install of halo CE had this same annoying effect when i played on it!

How do i fix this back to the regular way so that you can drive a warthog through there again? thanks.

pwner5889

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 10:12 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Might have been the angle when you first go in that might be preventing you from going in? idk.

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 10:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
you could just you know not play on that server

Chaos_Zero

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 12:04 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Thanks Sergeant, i was thinking that guy might see it for himself but a little help awlays goes a long way. :)

Also it seems on some servers it goes in smoothly no matter how bad the angle is while others it stops like a wall. I do not believe it is as simple as being a bad angle.

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 01:15 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
there's no way that's happening unless the server has mods. the stock maps do not do that. there has been no patch. even if there was a patch, it would have been much larger than they usually are, considering a whole map is getting replaced. unless every single server you've been playing on has these mods, which I highly doubt, you're just failing to get the hogs into the tunnel properly.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 06:47 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane
there's no way that's happening unless the server has mods. the stock maps do not do that. there has been no patch. even if there was a patch, it would have been much larger than they usually are, considering a whole map is getting replaced. unless every single server you've been playing on has these mods, which I highly doubt, you're just failing to get the hogs into the tunnel properly.

^ This.

Koo294

How is she when she doesn't surf?

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 05:20 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
As far as i recall, this bug has always existed for 1 base, but not the other. Could just be you're on a different team more often now.

Quote: Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane

No, this has always happened on Danger canyon, on all versions of Halo CE, as far as i recall. Its most probably a bit of phantom BSP.

The only fix is to change team, but you won't be able to get back again.

Edited by Koo294 on Nov 23, 2010 at 05:22 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 6:18 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website