A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Some maps open in Sapien, others dont...

Author Topic: Some maps open in Sapien, others dont... (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Ilikdonuts101

lol wut you say?

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 02:28 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
How come I can open some maps like Infinity, Rat Race and Sidewinder and a few others, but not Blood gulch, Hang Em High and Death Island?
I have fully extracted all of the tags from every map including the campaign but it wont let me open a few maps in Sapien.
Could someone please help?

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 02:47 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Sounds like a vehicle issue.
Post the last entry of your debug here.

Ilikdonuts101

lol wut you say?

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 05:03 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
I sought of screwed my debug up so it doesn't work...
But I do open the map in Guerilla and take out ALL of the tags, except the neccessary ones, so all vehicles, spawn points, weapon spawn points, decals, scenery are taken out.
I think it has to do with the bitmap cause Guerilla cant open a few bitmaps...

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 05:12 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
If there are bitmaps that Guerrila can't open, it's definitely a bitmap issue. I reccomend extracting default bitmaps from a bungie map and overwriting the old ones, or, if that doesn't work, uninstall then reinstall HEK. You will not lose any custom data by doing this.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Nov 24, 2010 at 05:12 AM

Ilikdonuts101

lol wut you say?

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 05:22 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Aaaah k I'll try both...
Also, ThE EmO what's your Xfire cause I suppose I can talk to you while owning in halo online xD

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri January 17, 2020 8:37 AM 1,406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website