A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Power ups question

Author Topic: Power ups question (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 08:25 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Right now I have a number of custom power ups I'm using for my single player map. Right now I'm considering two different ways of acquiring them, although I will only be using one method and I would prefer it to be the first one.(Note: This map has a slight arcade style game-play, I'm not worried about realism)

1). All enemies will have chance of dropping one of the power ups but they will only drop one, or nothing, and it will be randomly chosen.

2). After a set amount of time, or after a switch is pressed a random power up is created at a set location.

And before anyone says use an .item_collection tag, this a SINGLE PLAYER map.

This is the last thing I NEED to figure out before my map is finished. Everything made after this is just extra.

EDIT: I am not asking which one I should use, I am asking how would one go about scripting a random power up to spawn in one of the above ways. Actually the first option is what I want to use because it will fit the map better, the second is just a fall back method in case the first won't work.

EDIT: I figured it out. For any one else who runs into this: I simply created an effect file that has a chance to create one of the power ups and made it the "body depleted" effect in the collision-model.
Edited by rerout343 on Dec 7, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Iron ultima

I wish you COULD still dual weild energy swords

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 08:38 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
perhaps it would help if anything was a question, because as your post is, it sounds more like a statement.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 10:35 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
I like method number 2 better.
Makes the player have to make time to go get it.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 11:10 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Ok, I should have been more specific. Does anyone know a method to set up either of these? Preferably #1.

@waffles I've already tried this. It will not work because A) It only supports one piece of equipment to be dropped, and B) A few of my power ups cannot be dropped in this way.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 05:58 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
I know scripting will be needed for this but I'm just not sure how to make it pick one at random.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 09:02 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
I guess I did not say it right in my post. I am asking if any knows a way to script a random power up to spawn in one of these two ways.
Edited by rerout343 on Dec 7, 2010 at 09:09 PM

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 11:52 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
I figured it out. For any one else who runs into this: I simply created an effect file that has a chance to create one of the power ups and made it the "body depleted" effect in the collision-model.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri May 29, 2020 3:55 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website