A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Reach: Custom Edition

Page 1 of 38 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 38 · Next
Author Topic: Halo Reach: Custom Edition (1310 messages, Page 1 of 38)
Moderators: Dennis

Petera275

Some things just don't work...

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 01:16 PM    Msg. 1 of 1310       
Right, I'm hoping to make a version of Reach (multiplayer, campaign AND ui) for Custom Edition. I have all the resources and 3 people that've volunteered to help, but I am a noob. I have all the software but 3ds MAX (the trial ran out), and I have no experience and very little knowledge how I'm going to pull this off. In other words, HELP! I have all weapons, vehicles, maps etc. ready for use, I just need help programming:

Biped Models
Weapons
MAPS
Cutscenes
Soundtrack (I got the tags)

Basically, I suck and need basically you people to help make my dream come true. I will try to do what I can.

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 01:28 PM    Msg. 2 of 1310       
that's one massive project your gonna try to pull off there man,as for the campain from reach into haloce...this game engine can't do it.there are maps being done that are based on reach,but to try to put halo reach as a game into custom edition (i wish it was possible).

also you stole my avatar! joke

anonymous_2009

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 01:41 PM    Msg. 3 of 1310       
/end

How do you think that you could code an engine from scratch that has took professionals how many years?
And how many programmers does Bungie have, they have experience and had YEARS of learning which made the Reach engine.

You will not do it.

Truth hurts bro.

Petera275

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 01:48 PM    Msg. 4 of 1310       
ally- great minds think alike...I think. Anyways, I know it would be near impossible to pull this off on the CE engine. I've actually been asked to create a new engine, but how the hell do I do that?! Anyway, this game will be a graphics downgrade of Reach, but hopefully with some awesome new weapons and even more maps.

There's already:

Zealot (H2 Midship)
Reflection (H2 Ivory Tower)
Powerhouse CE
Hemmorrhage (Bloodgulch)
Swordbase (I've got the 3d model (non-textured) anyway...)
Boneyard (We have it on H2V why not CE)
Pinnacle (H2 Ascension)
Asylum (Yet again, I have the 3D model, but in colour (still no real textures)
Griffball court (It's just a box, blus we have Grifball arena on H2V)
Spire (just make a massive gravity lift in the sand)

And just to put the icing on the cake, we can use this in campaign too! Good old Bungie with their not so original Multiplayer Maps!

Petera275

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 01:51 PM    Msg. 5 of 1310       
I am using the Custom Edition engine (no need for intensive programming), it will be downgraded graphics to fit the engine. I have all the resources ready, I just need programmers (why I made this thread). I always say, it's a lot quicker to copy than build from scratch. Especially when you have all the bricks and just need cement.

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 01:54 PM    Msg. 6 of 1310       
if you want to make games and have an awfull lot of time to learn a lot,then you could find this link interesting...http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/aa937791.aspx

Petera275

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 01:56 PM    Msg. 7 of 1310       
I have all of the above! I just need them programmed, for example, I have some ready made e.g. the DMR, but some like the Needle rifle, Plasma launcher and Grenade launcher still need programming- they are just 3d models.

Same with bipeds- I have the models, but they need replaced visors and conversion to bipeds, not just models.

Maps - Ok, I have most, but yet again they need programming.

Yes I do need cutscene help

I got the soundtrack tags off this site

Happy? No contradictions, just bad phrasing on my part :-D By ready for use I meant ready to program not play, otherwise what would be the purpose of this thread?

anonymous_2009

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 01:59 PM    Msg. 8 of 1310       
You can't modify this engine's code... don't you think that someone like Kornman would of dont this otherwise.

Petera275

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 02:03 PM    Msg. 9 of 1310       
I'm not modifying the engine in any way, simply replacing all of the maps with homemade Reach ones...

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 02:05 PM    Msg. 10 of 1310       
show us some screenshots of the maps plz

Petera275

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 02:08 PM    Msg. 11 of 1310       
If you're referring to the ones listed, they're all on this site aside from the 3D model ones

anonymous_2009

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 02:26 PM    Msg. 12 of 1310       
Quote:
I just need help programming

Why would you need help with programming then...

Petera275

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 02:44 PM    Msg. 13 of 1310       
Because I suck, plus there's a hell of a lot to do.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 03:17 PM    Msg. 14 of 1310       
Quote: --- Original message by: Petera275
ally- great minds think alike...I think. Anyways, I know it would be near impossible to pull this off on the CE engine. I've actually been asked to create a new engine, but how the hell do I do that?! Anyway, this game will be a graphics downgrade of Reach, but hopefully with some awesome new weapons and even more maps.

There's already:

Zealot (H2 Midship)
Reflection (H2 Ivory Tower)
Powerhouse CE
Hemmorrhage (Bloodgulch)
Swordbase (I've got the 3d model (non-textured) anyway...)
Boneyard (We have it on H2V why not CE)
Pinnacle (H2 Ascension)
Asylum (Yet again, I have the 3D model, but in colour (still no real textures)
Griffball court (It's just a box, blus we have Grifball arena on H2V)
Spire (just make a massive gravity lift in the sand)

And just to put the icing on the cake, we can use this in campaign too! Good old Bungie with their not so original Multiplayer Maps!

can i see the sword base model please, that is if you have it

anonymous_2009

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 03:23 PM    Msg. 15 of 1310       
Because I suck, plus there's a hell of a lot to do.

Your not getting me... there is no programming involved to make a map. So why say programming?

abkarch

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 03:28 PM    Msg. 16 of 1310       
not trying to be depressing, but i would spend a few months learning the engine before undertaking this. plus many things in halo reach are not possible. like, reach graphics, a jetpack that works EXACTLY like it does in reach, without just throwing damage effects anywhere. hopefully people get what im saying. like. the last guy who came and was like, LOLZ IM GONNA MAKE THE h3 CAMPAIGN DEWDZ, IM A COMPLETE NOOB!" only knew how to use HMT and HHT. it was embarassing for him.
not saying your like this, but thats just my opinion.

there is no programming involved in halo CE. plus, no offense, i highly doubt you have ALL weapon, vehicle, and map models...
Edited by abkarch on Dec 7, 2010 at 03:31 PM

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 03:29 PM    Msg. 17 of 1310       
@anonymous: Maybe he means scripting, animating and modeling?
Edited by d4rfnader on Dec 7, 2010 at 03:29 PM

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 03:46 PM    Msg. 18 of 1310       
I just need help programming

you won't find programmers here, the entire CE modding community is so spoiled by Halo's tagging system they see no need for programming

anonymous_2009

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 03:46 PM    Msg. 19 of 1310       
Well he should think smaller if he doesn't even understand wow to make a map seeming as he things it involved programming. Poor use of terminology shows lack of skill.

Petera275

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 04:00 PM    Msg. 20 of 1310       
I understand that CE maps revolve around tags. I am talking about outside that, very basic programming- BIPED MODELS, PROJECTILES, ANIMATIONS AND MAP BUILDING. I have spent a while getting to grips mainly with 3d modelling. Thanks for your insults. What I'm saying is, I need help on making these lifeless models work, and ANIMATING cutscenes. You lot understand yet?

Yes, I know how tags work. I use to spend my free hours mucking around with Halo 2's tags.

olly12345

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 04:12 PM    Msg. 21 of 1310       
By "Programming" he means Tagging.
I'd like to see just updated versions of current maps with balanced reach weapons.

Petera275

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 04:15 PM    Msg. 22 of 1310       
Quote: --- Original message by: d4rfnader

@anonymous: Maybe he means scripting, animating and modeling?
Edited by d4rfnader on Dec 7, 2010 at 03:29 PM

Tagging and what d4rfnader said (thanks d4rfnader for understanding what I was trying to say)

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 04:19 PM    Msg. 23 of 1310       
I am talking about outside that, very basic programming- BIPED MODELS, PROJECTILES, ANIMATIONS AND MAP BUILDING ... I need help on making these lifeless models work, and ANIMATING cutscenes.

uhhh, that's not programming. programming involves using a language to develop computer applications and programs

Petera275

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 04:23 PM    Msg. 24 of 1310       
Well, this is developing a program...I call it Halo Reach CE!

anonymous_2009

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 04:24 PM    Msg. 25 of 1310       
I understand that CE maps revolve around tags. I am talking about outside that, very basic programming- BIPED MODELS, PROJECTILES, ANIMATIONS AND MAP BUILDING. I have spent a while getting to grips mainly with 3d modelling. Thanks for your insults. What I'm saying is, I need help on making these lifeless models work, and ANIMATING cutscenes. You lot understand yet?

Yes, I know how tags work. I use to spend my free hours mucking around with Halo 2's tags.

Quote:
Thanks for our insults, I do know how tags work, I used to mod Halo 2 campaign maps for fun.

As d4rfnader said, I mean scripting, animating and modeling!

If you want to do nothing but insult my intelligence while not bethering to read the text carefully enough, please do not contribute pointless opinions to the thread.

Is your primary language English?

How are we supposed to understand what you are talking about when you use key words such as "programming" which means writing CODE. Everyone on this forum will automatically think you want to code a game engine if you say you need help with programming.

Don't start crying be I "insulted" you when what I said is true, you can't know what you are talking about when you think that RIGGING character models, TAGGING projectiles, ANIMATING everything and MODELLING BSP is all programming...

Be more clear next time to make a post and use the correct terminology so that people don't think that your a complete idiot. We are not a forum full of physics.

"You could of simply asked if you didn't understand" - My previous posts clearly showed that I thought you ment PROGRAMING and ENIGNE seeming as I said "You can't program a entire engine", so don't pull that card.

Well, this is developing a program...I call it Halo Reach CE!

LOL - No.

It is NOT developing a PROGRAM its compiling a map FOR a PROGRAM! Idiot, sorry but you deserve it.

Show some knowledge before you attempt something like this. And NO I don't want to help.
Edited by anonymous_2009 on Dec 7, 2010 at 04:26 PM

Petera275

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 04:33 PM    Msg. 26 of 1310       
Yes, I'm English, thanks.

I'm a newbie, and may have misused the word, but still explained clearly that I was NOT creating a new engine, just new maps.

I do believe you're definitely insulting me. Kinda sad...

I can see that you were disillusioned in your previous posts.

If you don't want to help, don't return to this thread.

In the last quote you used, I was being sarcastic, yes?

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 04:33 PM    Msg. 27 of 1310       
OK now that that weird misunderstanding has been all sorted out and there is no need to re-hash it we can all move on.

Let me summarize: He is looking for assistance in creating Reach maps in Halo CE and all that implies. If you can and want then do, if not then watch.

Petera275

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 04:44 PM    Msg. 28 of 1310       
Thanks for that Dennis. To be honest, I only just set up an account today because I'd like to take on this massive project to turn Custom Edition into a remake of Reach. Should be fun, I've always wanted to be a member of halomaps, but had no motivation 'til recently. Don't worry people, I've done my research...I think...but not enough to fully understand the 20 different programs I have installed for this.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 04:57 PM    Msg. 29 of 1310       
Stop bashing him for not having tag experience, or for not using your definition of 'programming'.
Also, let's not bash the tag system in general, right? Don't assume all of us can't program.

Noble

"Well if it isn't the big cheese!"

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 07:12 PM    Msg. 30 of 1310       

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 07:30 PM    Msg. 31 of 1310       
Progress already.

Hawkeye 117

No Fear, Vehicle Noob is Here!

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 07:36 PM    Msg. 32 of 1310       
Someone really should start counting how many people come here in hopes of things like this. You do know that we've had the resources of Halo 2 for YEARS? Yet a single player conversion was never done, it was attempted by ZTEAM. We have also access to H3 resources same thing.

crimsonshadow117

Xfire: crimsonshadow117

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 07:48 PM    Msg. 33 of 1310       

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 07:48 PM    Msg. 34 of 1310       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
Stop bashing him for not having tag experience, or for not using your definition of 'programming'.
Also, let's not bash the tag system in general, right? Don't assume all of us can't program.

As a matter of fact, i know many people within Halo CE that can program in various languages (C++, C# and Visual Basic) myself included

Iron ultima

I wish you COULD still dual weild energy swords

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 07:51 PM    Msg. 35 of 1310       
maybe we could also do a single player fps version of halo wars?

idea: Sgt. Forge and/or Jerome-092 or Alice-130 or Douglas-042 is/are PC(s) for human campaign, arbiter Ripa 'Moramee and/or Brute army commander for covenant campaign.

Page 1 of 38 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 38 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 15, 2019 4:57 PM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website