A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Reach: Custom Edition

Page 2 of 38 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 38 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo Reach: Custom Edition (1310 messages, Page 2 of 38)
Moderators: Dennis

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 07:54 PM    Msg. 36 of 1310       
Project status:
1%- icon
99%- work
I want credit for the idea, can other people start making this please?

dood

programming will never end..

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 08:09 PM    Msg. 37 of 1310       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69uih5exAac

really not trying to put u down but....

do u think spartan 094 will give u the reach dmr and ar tag????

do u think seanthelawn will give u the armor lock concept???

reach like HUD was made by Soldier7775....

and what can u really do...
Edited by dood on Dec 7, 2010 at 08:09 PM

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 09:07 PM    Msg. 38 of 1310       
Link is funny cause it says 69-uh-sex-act

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 09:34 PM    Msg. 39 of 1310       
Hey man, I know you really (well Im assuming) want Halo Reach in Halo CE but it's just extremely hard.... not even some of the experienced people here have made any well, some models were made but untextured and stuff, sorry for shattering your dream....... it's just that it wont happen soon.

Somone77

-Passive Helper- http://somone77.net

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 09:50 PM    Msg. 40 of 1310       
Can we be done with threads like this?

I know we won't move on at all, but the games are entirely different engines. Different skins and models can be placed in the current Halo CE game to make it LOOK like reach, but it will never fool anyone.

It is somewhat possible to be done, but the amount of work and effort that needs to go into it, makes it not only a daunting task, but a complete waste of time. You'll be adding maps to a game that is about to die out, if you don't consider it dead already. Your work, shall you succeed, will be looked at by few, perhaps even complemented and then just as quickly as it came, gone and no one will even remember it.

Halo CE is a nice tool to get quick reward for efforts and see your creations put into a game, but it's not something for you to spend years of your life doing. I would say barley a couple hundred people still play on halo custom maps, and the maps only being a few popular ones that came out a while ago.

There has been hundreds of these "Let's remake in halo CE!" threads, none of them have produced anything but a flame war between those who are optimistic about it, and those who know that it is a waste of time even getting your hopes up.

Move on.

abkarch

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 07:17 AM    Msg. 41 of 1310       
lol, the bipeds look like they were made in sketchup.
seriously, can we please move on? newbies cannot make what the experienced people (there are a few on these forums) couldn't dream on doing. spend a month or two on these forums, and find out WHY. ive spent the last what, 8 or 9? months trying to "grasp modeling" and animating, and "programming" halo CE. and i can still do barely any of it. and here you are, saying you have absolutely no experience and then going on to say you plan on creating an entire reach game, made by a company with a triple digit budget, with models and tags taken from others, that i highly doubt will give it to you. Sorry, im really, really, trying hard not to be rude, and im hoping i didn't come across as so, but with things like this, i cant stand it.
Edited by abkarch on Dec 8, 2010 at 07:26 AM

hjm65

Oyashiro-sama is going to get you

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 11:19 AM    Msg. 42 of 1310       
I'd like to see this work, but only if you make the Noble team smarter.

Petera275

Some things just don't work...

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 11:20 AM    Msg. 43 of 1310       
I already have most of the resources. Those I don't have, I don't really need. Besides, Reach was made from Scratch. This isn't. As for all that rubbish about CE not being capable, of course it is! It will look like reach but of course, be obviously not, with downgraded graphics. Yes, some models were actually made on sketchup, but apparently quite a few reach projects have used Sketchup models.

Also, yes it will take a while, but I do have some help. I do have a little experience and learn quickly. Maybe it won't get published, maybe it will, but if you look, lots of people have made Halo 2/ Halo 3/ Halo 3 ODST remakes and they SUCCEEDED! Why not for this? Sure, we might fail, but at least try. Of course I need help, that's why I made this thread!

dood

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 11:26 AM    Msg. 44 of 1310       
So what are u trying to do now? gathering tag? starting on a reach Sp level? Or?

Petera275

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 11:56 AM    Msg. 45 of 1310       
I am currently gathering help and tags, but need to finish the Noble Team bipeds before I start (I have already improved Emile and Jun)

dood

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 12:52 PM    Msg. 46 of 1310       
some pic will be nice about the improvement.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 01:27 PM    Msg. 47 of 1310       
I'm going to laugh when this fails.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 01:38 PM    Msg. 48 of 1310       
I don't know if this will fail but, I think that if no one can update the motor of CE this could be almost not possible.

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 01:46 PM    Msg. 49 of 1310       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
I'm going to laugh when this fails.

come on moose, at least he is trying, unlike the countless others who have come here demanding halo reach for halo ce.

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 02:43 PM    Msg. 50 of 1310       
I wonder if he realizes how difficult rigging and uvw mapping bipeds is....

Petera275

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 02:50 PM    Msg. 51 of 1310       
@dood I can't post pics yet I'm new

@MooseGuy Screw you, though you may be right

@PRPatxi FOR THE LAST TIME, I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING TO THE ENGINE

@StatutoryTrOy Thank you

@DA_Ender Sadly, yes, I know how hard it is. At the moment, biped rigging is my main objective, and I've just recieved every 3d model of every piece of armour for Reach, so forget any stuff from my videos on YouTube

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 03:10 PM    Msg. 52 of 1310       
I'll tell you. Everyone WANTS this project to succeed, it's just this will take a very long time and your only really good chance is to get with some of the other people here. Word of warning though, a lot of people who do have these tags probably won't get with you on this just for the simple fact that you are new to the site.

This is why there are only a few really good maps. Look at Lumoria. A few people got together and said, hey let's put away our protectiveness of our skills and just make something for the community.

Just a personal question though, since you are new, do you have some previous experience modding games in ways like we do on here?
Just curious.
Edited by eliteslasher on Dec 8, 2010 at 03:13 PM

abkarch

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 03:25 PM    Msg. 53 of 1310       
Quote: --- Original message by: Petera275
I already have most of the resources. Those I don't have, I don't really need. Besides, Reach was made from Scratch. This isn't. As for all that rubbish about CE not being capable, of course it is! It will look like reach but of course, be obviously not, with downgraded graphics. Yes, some models were actually made on sketchup, but apparently quite a few reach projects have used Sketchup models.

No, its not. not without making everything from assassinations to jetpacks unreliable.
Trust me, spend a few months learning the engine before doing this.
Plus sketchup models in halo CE are, well, sketchy. partly because sketchup models ARENT MEANT FOR GAMES. they are meant for prototyping architectural works. UI will be extremely difficult, poly limits are so much higher in reach that everything in CE will look awful. downgraded graphics are an understatement. No matter what, it wont feel like reach.

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 03:33 PM    Msg. 54 of 1310       
Listen to the older members, and not the trolls. But remember, if people want this to succeed then people need to work on it.

abkarch

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 03:36 PM    Msg. 55 of 1310       
show me something rather then a bunch of randomly collected models and tags (no offense, but thats pretty much all they are RIGHT NOW. theres really nothing else to call them ATM) and id like the TRY to help animating. that would be good learning experience for me :)

Petera275

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 03:49 PM    Msg. 56 of 1310       
For jetpacks, I was thinking of making them vehicles, like modded banshees. For assassinations, adding in an animation shouldn't be too hard... No engine changes necessary. I have found/created more since I released videos but won't be able to post pictures for a couple of days.

I do have some experience, using unreal editor for star wars: republic commando, and doing some tag replacing in halo 2. Fun.

Graphics will be about halo 2 standard.

In terms of resources, I have loads, including some kindly given 3D models of swordbase and boneyard for 3rd max which I can work on. I also have lots if reach armour models ( no more sketchup rubbish)

abkarch

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 04:26 PM    Msg. 57 of 1310       
how come people give him sword base and boneyard models but nobody even considers helping halo unity :/

abkarch

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 04:30 PM    Msg. 58 of 1310       
so i should start begging people for halo unity stuff?

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 04:34 PM    Msg. 59 of 1310       
No you shouldn't. That's gnademassica who gave you a suggestion.

Petera275

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 04:36 PM    Msg. 60 of 1310       
I didn't beg, I was offered some models.

abkarch

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 06:46 PM    Msg. 61 of 1310       
can you offer me some of the models that were offered to you? :D

Twinreaper

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 08:10 PM    Msg. 62 of 1310       
Yeah I have to agree with Moose on this one. I don't think anyone on the project realizes that re-creating any of the Reach assets for CE is a lost cause. You would need to be able to add in custom tag classes, and figure out how those tag classes and it's dependencies work together with it's game engine. I hate to be a downer, but it will never happen. Weapons and vehicles of coarse will be possible, since they haven't evolved in any of the games tag wise much. And the bsp's would be crappy custom knockoffs. But for instance, how do you plan on making the armor abilities? And don't go into some lame crap about making vehicles or something...that's just lame as hell. And as for your dreams of making the assassination animations....good luck. Have you ever tried to rig and animate a model to perform the same type of kill animation but make the positions vary for different size characters? I'm sure you could probably half ass script all this wonderful in your head stuff, but the scripts wouldn't sync for everyone, so it would be pointless. Just enjoy Reach as is, and leave it out of the PC community! Besides which, by the time this project would even get anywhere near 10% done, Halo 3 will more than likely be announced or released for PC. Hopefully this time with a complete open HEK.
Edited by Twinreaper on Dec 8, 2010 at 08:13 PM

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 08:16 PM    Msg. 63 of 1310       
I agree, almost entirely. Bsps/lighting for the reach maps in CE will be pretty bad. People still haven't integrated a syncing system for loadouts, etc. You're right about those.
But having several armor abilities in a map is possible. The scripting aspect is easy and does not interfere too much in mp (like backpack weapons are a solid script, and sync).
What is really needed is the animations for all these things, which can then make up animation stances. This requires work... I haven't even finished Halo 2/3's animation stances.

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 08:26 PM    Msg. 64 of 1310       
tons of halo 2 content has yet to be successfully ported to this engine, does anybody honestly think a reach TC will happen? like, seriously?

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 08:56 PM    Msg. 65 of 1310       
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane
tons of halo 2 content has yet to be successfully ported to this engine, does anybody honestly think a reach TC will happen? like, seriously?

Many dynamic things have been, but what I've yet to see is a good single player BSP copy ingame.
MP bsps are already done.
Edited by jesse on Dec 8, 2010 at 08:57 PM

StatutoryTrOy

Go Army Beat Navy!

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 09:48 PM    Msg. 66 of 1310       
well of course the bsp's won't have the same level of detail but i wouldn't call them crappy...

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 11:42 PM    Msg. 67 of 1310       
The only level that could easily be made is Lone Wolf.

You know what, I'm gonna Request for a Lone Wolf Firefight.

Also, a passable Reach remake in the making would basically be like Lumoria except that it's not original. So it would take about 2 years if done by similarly skilled people.

Edited by IcePhoenix on Dec 8, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Head Noob

This difficulty is for noobs! Mythic is for pros

Posted: Dec 9, 2010 02:38 AM    Msg. 68 of 1310       
Quote: --- Original message by: Petera275
Right, I'm hoping to make a version of Reach (multiplayer, campaign AND ui) for Custom Edition. I have all the resources and 3 people that've volunteered to help, but I am a noob. I have all the software but 3ds MAX (the trial ran out), and I have no experience and very little knowledge how I'm going to pull this off. In other words, HELP! I have all weapons, vehicles, maps etc. ready for use, I just need help programming:

Biped Models
Weapons
MAPS
Cutscenes
Soundtrack (I got the tags)

Basically, I suck and need basically you people to help make my dream come true. I will try to do what I can.

Ill help with scripting and cutscenes. if u want. I can only make non-animate cutscenes though. Im just learning anamations in gmax.
Edited by Head Noob on Dec 9, 2010 at 02:39 AM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Dec 9, 2010 02:59 AM    Msg. 69 of 1310       
Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix
Also, a passable Reach remake in the making would basically be like Lumoria except that it's not original. So it would take about 2 years if done by similarly skilled people.

And does anyone really want to devote that time and effort on something that already exists?

dood

Posted: Dec 9, 2010 04:55 AM    Msg. 70 of 1310       
...use imageshack to post some image or use your youtube to post some real biped or update ingame...

Page 2 of 38 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 38 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu May 28, 2020 3:23 PM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website