A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Timeline?

Author Topic: Timeline? (15 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Dec 14, 2010 10:45 PM    Msg. 1 of 15       
Ok so in Halo 2, in the cutscene where Truths covenant ship jumps into a slipspace portal in the city, how long does it take to travel from earth to the delta halo? Answer better be about -2 days or something because this doesn't add up.

Let's assume it was instantaneous. Teleport away from the city (inside In Amber Clad) and you appear in delta halo. You follow all the events to the time where the elites start the covenant civil war, AKA The Uprising. How long did that take from the time the masterchief left earth? Because In Halo 3 ODST, master chief leaves at the same exact time you drop into the city, and discover that the elites and brutes have already fought. So that means that it happened before, which i doubt because you still fight elites in the mission "Delta Halo". And note that the prophets used the death of that other prophet in the mission after delta halo as an excuse to get rid of the elites as the honor guards

The time just does not add up.

Sinow

Everybody Lies

Posted: Dec 14, 2010 11:19 PM    Msg. 2 of 15       
In ODST you never fought Elites, they were always Brutes. Right after you land on the planet, as Buck, if you look around a bit in some buildings you see a bunch of Brute and Elite bodies, which could mean that the Brutes had started killing the Elites even before the uprising.
Still doesnt make sense though.

Jesse

Posted: Dec 14, 2010 11:22 PM    Msg. 3 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sinow
In ODST you never fought Elites, they were always Brutes. Right after you land on the planet, as Buck, if you look around a bit in some buildings you see a bunch of Brute and Elite bodies, which could mean that the Brutes had started killing the Elites even before the uprising.
Still doesnt make sense though.

Yeah I see what you mean, but you see what I mean too. It doesn't make sense. Not unless it happened on earth first, but then they don't have the reason which originally was the death of regret. And in the books, doesn't it take months to travel from one point to another? especially for long distances.

Pepzee

Posted: Dec 14, 2010 11:30 PM    Msg. 4 of 15       
No, they found halo instantly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anHnFqoDoo0

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 12:03 AM    Msg. 5 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant Major
1) Slip space greatly speeds up the process.
2) Animosity between the Sangheili and Brutes had been dense even before the latter was put into favor.

I do agree with you though, it doesn't add up at all.

Okay, The betrayal of the Covenant happened DURING Regret's invasion of earth. It took place after Regret Jumped. Smaller covenant advance and insertion teams were put onto earth from Truth's own fleet. The insertion and advance teams landed on New Mombasa right after Regret jumped to retreat to Delta Halo. All the remaining elites were quickly disposed of by the covenant. Regret, not knowing that the he had been betrayed and that the elites too, stayed in Delta Halo to re-bolster his forces for another assault to Earth. Regret knew of the portal to the Ark located on Earth before Truth did. It soon began a race to get to the Ark. Regret assault Earth with a small fleet not knowing that it was not that well defended. Earth's Orbital defenses destroyed all of Regret's ships except for the Carrier he was on which managed to slip pass the Orbital MAC guns. Regret knowing that he soon would suffer a similar fate as the rest of his fleet had, soon conjured a plan to Head-start his excavation on New Mombasa by Slipspace jumping within the City itself, leaving the City nimble. A day later Regret has been killed and Truths Advance fleet begins the excavation of the portal.

It makes well sense to me.

aZn9ja37

....????!!!!!

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 12:09 AM    Msg. 6 of 15       
There is like a 6 hour period after the slipspace jump where the odst survivor wakes up. Things must have happened quick for a 6 hour change of brutes and elites.

Teltaur

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 12:13 AM    Msg. 7 of 15       
Short answer:

Bungie didn't want to have to make functional Elite enemy AI for a simple expansion campaign, so they just expanded the Brute AI some and left Elites out of it.

Long answer:

Whatever BS 'canon' story they tried to use to explain it.

Polamee

MP2SPMT's founder

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 12:37 AM    Msg. 8 of 15       
Oh, I read some explanation on teh Bungie website saying that due to the failure of the Elites on Earth, Brute troops were sent to replace them. The elite bodies could have been from random brute violence and not an all-out civil war.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 01:52 AM    Msg. 9 of 15       
The only reason the elites didn't fight back in the Arbiter's location and High Charity was because the Elites on Earth probably all got backstabbed.

Sinow

Everybody Lies

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 03:44 PM    Msg. 10 of 15       
Yeah, the conflict between Brutes and Elites had been tense already. And when Tartarus attempted to kill the Arbiter, he said the prophets (by then, only Mercy and Truth) had ordered him to do so. If that's the case, its a possibility that the Brutes and Prophets had been scheming much longer than just the short period between the start and end of the invasion of Earth.

Also, there is a 30 minute period between Regret's slip-space jump and the first ODST to get to his feet, which is Buck.

Blah, Halo canon >.>

Jesse

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 06:44 PM    Msg. 11 of 15       
But buck wakes up "immediately after drop" and the game even shows him crash landing on his pod.

Sinow

Everybody Lies

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 09:12 PM    Msg. 12 of 15       
Could've sworn it was 30 minutes, but you're right, my bad, that timeline doesn't make much sense either. :P

flyingpenguin117

You must Never, EVER leave a SINGLE BOB ALIVE!!!

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 10:59 PM    Msg. 13 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
And in the books, doesn't it take months to travel from one point to another? especially for long distances.

Not for Covenant ships. The Ascendant Justice supercarrier in First strike took about 1 to 2 weeks to get from Halo to Reach, and that was through a slipspace jump by Cortana that took about 5 seconds to calculate with a system she had literally never used before. An assault carrier was probably faster, so it could've taken about a week, about 900 lightyears per day.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 08:29 AM    Msg. 14 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: flyingpenguin117
The Ascendant Justice supercarrier in First strike took about 1 to 2 weeks to get from Halo to Reach.

Well it took us 9 years to get from Halo to Halo Reach.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 08:49 AM    Msg. 15 of 15       
Har de har.

Anyways, this is also confusing, nice thought. I had really never noticed this glitch in the storyline. Also the fact that the brutes had armor... um....

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 8:43 AM 844 ms.
A Halo Maps Website