A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »SidewinderImproved Sequel Announcement

Author Topic: SidewinderImproved Sequel Announcement (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

rescue86k

Frog blast the vent core! -Marathon IS Halo

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 07:23 PM    Msg. 1 of 16       
As you may or may not know, I'll been working on a second map now for 2 weeks due to the wonderful response my 1st peice of crap map got. I feel the community/players desire to have fun, enjoy big battles that crash sapien countless times, and push halo to the limits.

I'm aiming at uploading the map before xmas, so by xmas time, its on this site.

The map will not be sidewinder, and it will be solo campaign instead. No checkpoints, just a big battle where you play as mastercheif, lots of vehicles, ai, against the covy. The map will come in 2 stages, first knock out whats there, then the second stage, covy reinforcements. No garentee this map will have the second stage, but thats what I'm working on now. I want 4 dropships and alot of banshees. (4-6 maybe?)

There is a beginning cutscene, and music changes when the battle changes, (eliminating encounters). Nothing special, just alot going on, and you don't want to get caught in the center of the action. Too many mortors, explosions, plasma bolts flying around.

Recently I was a deuce putting my scripts in the wrong folder, but no worry my scripts are working now. Dropships recordings run into walls etc. So alot of testing. Likewise no garentee, but thats what im working on now, the covy reinforcements.

I aim to simulate a tug of war battle, were winning!! oh crap..when the music changes. etc.

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 07:34 PM    Msg. 2 of 16       
What was your first map?

And why does "my 1st peice of crap map" make me not really to interested in seeing the second one?

rescue86k

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 09:02 PM    Msg. 3 of 16       
Well first off, the first map's name is in the topic title "SidewinderImproved". Second please stop trolling. I posted thinking people would be excited. If not, then why bother with an announcement.
Edited by rescue86k on Dec 20, 2010 at 09:05 PM

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 09:22 PM    Msg. 4 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: rescue86k

Well first off, the first map's name is in the topic title "SidewinderImproved". Second please stop trolling. I posted thinking people would be excited. If not, then why bother with an announcement.

If you want people to get more excited it would be best to not call your own work crap. It might also benefit to post some sort of image.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 09:26 PM    Msg. 5 of 16       
Actually, a common sign of a map that will suck is when it is made by someone who joined in 2010, claims their map is good, and has bad punctuation and grammar.

Also, ASCM called itself stupid, was it stupid? No.

Pepzee

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 09:52 PM    Msg. 6 of 16       
Looks okay, not quite sure what to expect of it. Pictures maybe?

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 10:06 PM    Msg. 7 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: rescue86k

SidewinderImproved sounds more like a sidewinder mod than the name of a map so please excuse me. It was a pretty straight forward question, usually when people make an announcement they have something to show in your case you didn't show anything so I decided to ask for the name of the first map so I could see some of you work.

And I'm not trolling;
Quote: If you want people to get more excited it would be best to not call your own work crap.

Edited by YakZSmelk on Dec 20, 2010 at 10:07 PM

anonymous_2009

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 10:24 PM    Msg. 8 of 16       
So, my guess is that this map will be sidewinder x2 merged together, the a bunch of AI bots banged in random locations that just come and attack the player.

More guessing is that there will be no tactics and clever AI placements anywhere neither.
We don't like mods, and people still don't seem to get the fact that single player maps always suck unless and actual story is put together or it's planned properly like TM's.

Show some research you should of made on how to place the AI, show some layout designs ect...

All I can see at the moment is a mod of a normal map and a load of AI banged in which it seems all kids / noobs enjoy to play against for some strange reason seeming as AI maps suck.

No offence to OP, post just isn't covered in sweet's sorry. My opinion.

(Could be due to the fact that they might just suck at the game and need to shoot AI in order to kill)

rescue86k

Posted: Dec 21, 2010 08:06 PM    Msg. 9 of 16       
Bang bang, hit, ouch dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi5qab57n24

its a flash game. its organized. its not released.

There's my work. Hope you like it.
Related in the sense it uses scripting, its not a mod,uses custom bitmaps, well everything I made. I'm in college to improve my skills in music, graphics, finding more efficient ways of programming.

I chose the players as my audience, and want people to have fun. If the players ask for more tanks, more banshee's, then that is what they will get. If they want the closest solution to ai sync, then that is what they'll get. A mimicked representation of ai sync, possible? If someone works on it, there's a chance. I'm not familiar with bipeds, I still just got into this.

Update for the players!

There will be a stage 2 of the map containing 4 covenant dropships, holding compacity of 8 ai each, 32 total, which once landed will spread out, searching for vehicles(1st priority) then if fail, will search the area. By the time the covy reinforments come, usually your allies are all beat up yet winning the battle. "Oh no crap, the spectre is operational agian!". The design is ment for a feeling of tug of war, I hope I simulated it well.

Kevin Neal

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 01:32 AM    Msg. 10 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: pepzee
Looks okay, not quite sure what to expect of it. Pictures maybe?

I tried the map, it has AI, Halo 3 and Halo 2 vehicles, stock and some custom weapons. that's it. I thought this enhanced multiplayer gameplay lol

rescue86k

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 01:37 AM    Msg. 11 of 16       
When I made the map, I didn't know ai didn't sync, and wondered why ai maps weren't popular. The new one has been uploaded. It's single player for a reason. Thankyou for checking it out;) Much appretiation. I hope you like the second release.

What I really want is a scarab, but we need someone more familiar with vehicle tags, to give the scarab elephants ability to have players walk on it. elephant is great, if converted to a scarab.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 01:41 AM    Msg. 12 of 16       
Maps like this would be more enjoyable if they didn't use existing bsps.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 01:45 AM    Msg. 13 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Maps like this would be more enjoyable if they didn't use existing bsps.

More custom/original? I agree.

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 02:27 AM    Msg. 14 of 16       
Can't walk on elephants.

flyingpenguin117

You must Never, EVER leave a SINGLE BOB ALIVE!!!

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 05:45 PM    Msg. 15 of 16       
Kind of impossible.

BlueGrunt 177

Grunt voice acting; story lines; textures...

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 06:23 PM    Msg. 16 of 16       
Thanks man! Cant wait for this map! ... though can you take out the music?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun February 23, 2020 7:18 AM 796 ms.
A Halo Maps Website