A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Dropship AI

Author Topic: Dropship AI (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 12:36 AM    Msg. 1 of 16       
How do I animate a dropshop to drop covenant ai on a map. Just like in say b30 THe silent cartographer.

I think it has something to do with .jmw animations.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me

Xoronatus :)

hmm i found this in the script of lumoria

(object_create_anew dropship1)
(custom_animation dropship1 tm\tmc_a_dropships\tmc_a_dropships dropship2 true)

Edited by Xoronatus on Dec 22, 2010 at 01:00 AM

rescue86k

Frog blast the vent core! -Marathon IS Halo

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 06:24 AM    Msg. 2 of 16       
Are you talking about the basics of loading the ship, unloading it, it flies off? or do you mean the stupid door flaps that sit open the whole time?

I can get dropships to come over the hills/etc and drop off troops, then fly off, but their doors stay open the whole time.

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 11:35 AM    Msg. 3 of 16       
yeah, like that, yeah i mean it would be nice if the doors closed, but that's fine. So how do you do that? I've looked around and they talked about stuff like ai unloading and then object destroy and that kind of thing. Yeah, could you tell me how to do that plzzz?

Thanks,
Xoronatus

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 02:50 PM    Msg. 4 of 16       
The custom animation command invoked in the Lumoria script references the .jmw animation for the dropship. This animation is BSP specific, and will not work (well) for other BSPs. If you know how to animate, then import a BSP, import the model of the dropship, and animate it to fly through. Then, export the animation as a .jmw. The coordinates in 3ds Max will match up with the ingame coordinates, so don't reposition the BSP elsewhere. If you have a generic animation that you want to play that ISN'T BSP specific, then make it a .jma.

Halocombatevolved

Son, I would've been your daddy, but, nevermind.

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 06:55 PM    Msg. 5 of 16       
Or if you don't like to animate you could use recorded animations, and also use the command "unit_close [dropship name]" and "unit_open [dropship name]" to close and open the hatches (replace [dropship name] with the name you gave the vehilcle), and make bipeds with names and use the command "unit_enter_vehicle [biped name] [dropship name] [seat name]" (seat name's can be found in the vehicle tag in guerilla) and use "unit_exit_vehicle [biped name]" to make them enter and exit the dropship, and last use another recorded animation to make it leave. Do not include the ['s and ]'s in your script.
Edited by Halocombatevolved on Dec 22, 2010 at 06:56 PM

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 08:19 PM    Msg. 6 of 16       
so for example:

(script startup dropship
unit_close drop1
unit_open drop1
unit_exit_vehicle grunt

(um... so how would i write a script like that. oh and where do i get the animations or do i have to make them myself. can i download it from somewhere, get it from on of the original campaign maps ex. b30?)

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 08:47 PM    Msg. 7 of 16       
As I said in my earlier post, each animation is BSP dependent, and you'll have to create new ones. Or, you can try using a recorded animation, on the off chance that it fits.

Halocombatevolved

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 09:53 PM    Msg. 8 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xoronatus
so for example:

(script startup dropship
unit_close drop1
unit_open drop1
unit_exit_vehicle grunt

(um... so how would i write a script like that. oh and where do i get the animations or do i have to make them myself. can i download it from somewhere, get it from on of the original campaign maps ex. b30?)

Yes sort of, you would do something like

(script startup dropship
(unit_close drop1)
(unit_enter_vehicle grunt drop1 CD-passengerL01)
(recording_play drop1 [name of recording animation])
(unit_open drop1)
(unit_exit_vehicle grunt)
(recording_play drop1 [name of recording animation])
)

To get a recorded animation is in sapien go to file-import recordings and choose what map you would like to get the animations from (ex. b30), then go into mission-game data-recorded animations and choose the ones you'd like to use (before you import there woud be nothing in there), there should be a couple for each animation, (one for in, somtimes drop, and out).
Edited by Halocombatevolved on Dec 22, 2010 at 09:56 PM

rescue86k

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 10:28 PM    Msg. 9 of 16       
thankyou , you helped both of us ;)

Halocombatevolved

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 10:47 PM    Msg. 10 of 16       
Your welcome!

Head Noob

This difficulty is for noobs! Mythic is for pros

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 04:36 AM    Msg. 11 of 16       
Or. Make the dropship think its a jeep so it does command lists. But its physics will make it fly. Then use command lists to move the dropship. Use the rest of the commands to drop the people etc.
OR: If u extracted a cmt map with c_dropships u might the cmt ai dropship. It doesnt do command lists. But the ai fly it like a banshee.

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 01:44 PM    Msg. 12 of 16       
I also figured a really creative but perhaps a little limited way for my new firefight map that I'm starting. I actually used scenery and scripts to actually blend scenery to make it move. (Think of it like a flip book movie). For now, I just got a drop ship to move up and down and then spawned ai on it's wings. I'll probably get a phantom to move across the map. Stop, then spawn a bunch of ai to look like they are falling out of it's thingy.

Or I could use those command lists. I'm not very familiar with animations and stuff like that.

rescue86k

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 07:03 PM    Msg. 13 of 16       
I had serious problems with the phantom, it wouldnt shoot back, even when tweaking it to shoot like the c_dropship.

Also getting passengers aboard. I managed to get 4 passengers on the seat "passenger" but still, alot of glitches with tweaking the phantom, over half the time it wouldn't display the changes I made to improve it, then 3-5 play sessions later phantom shows passengers at -5 z. AAAAAAAHH.

Phantom wasted alot of my time. But it flies much better with recordings than the original c_dropship ;)

It's possible and worth it, if you can tweak it better than I have

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 05:53 PM    Msg. 14 of 16       
Um, so yeah, I tried to use the script:
(script startup dropship
(unit_close drop1)
(unit_enter_vehicle grunt drop1 CD-passengerL01)
(recording_play drop1 CREV_ENT_DROPSHIP_A_IN)
(unit_open drop1)
(unit_exit_vehicle grunt)
(recording_play drop1 CREV_ENT_DROPSHIP_A_OUT)
)

after I placed a c_dropship.vehicle and a jackal.biped named grunt on the ground on bloodgulch. When I tried to play the game, the jackal was standing there of course, but the dropshop was nowhere to be seen?

Does anybody have a really detailed tutorial because I really want to get a cool looking dropship that could drop covenant off in a firefight map. but thanks to everybody because I feel like I have some idea of what I am doing.

Xoronatus
Edited by Xoronatus on Jan 1, 2011 at 05:53 PM

rescue86k

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 05:10 PM    Msg. 15 of 16       
I've tried getting hunters in the dropships, never worked. Someone here might be able to help you with the jackal. Do jackals board dropships naturally?

The dropship wont appear if it is even slightly off the map. It needs to be placed anywhere you can already fly a banshee. Someone might have a work-around for this too. But to make things work, the dropship should be placed in flyable space. Bloodgulch is hard to place a dropship where it wont be seen by the player.

sullydude

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 06:24 PM    Msg. 16 of 16       
Hi im new to the forums, i was wondering ive made my animation for the dropship and i can script ok, and have a map already built but how do i inject the animation into the map? so i can script the dropoff? please help!

also how do i put the c_dropship on my mp map?
Edited by sullydude on Jan 6, 2011 at 06:27 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 12, 2020 5:25 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website