A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »AI shields on grunt

Author Topic: AI shields on grunt (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 05:34 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hey guys,

Another question, I would like to put shields on something like a grunt. I know I have to use the shaders and edit the shield in the actor varient tags. I think I also have to do some biped\collision model work. Could anybody tell me how to do that.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 05:41 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
For visible shields:

1) At the top, under modifiers shader, specify "characters\cyborg\shaders\shield"
2) Under export to functions, under an available dropdown box, set it to recent shield damage. For now, I'll assume that you used A in. If you used something else, rather than using A in in the following steps, use whatever you used.
3) Create a new function. Make it scale the function by A in, map to "very early", set the bounds mode to "clip", and name it shield glow source.
4) Modify the model collision geometry to show a shield depleted effect, and to set its vitality.
Edited by Gamma927 on Dec 23, 2010 at 05:42 PM

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Dec 27, 2010 11:40 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
The .biped.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 25, 2020 3:01 AM 484 ms.
A Halo Maps Website