A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »getting ready to Re-upgrade from Combat evolved to CE

Author Topic: getting ready to Re-upgrade from Combat evolved to CE (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

bubbaganoush56

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 03:21 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
ok, so i've been having "beginners luck"? or shall i say "Newbies lack of knowledge" with some of the programs that are installed with HEK, so i'm starting from the beginning once again. the last program i tried running was Hek Tool, and it didnt run properly. i found out this was because i had the HEk installed in the wrong folder (was in the combat evolved folder) so i'm just about to upgrade to the CE once again....so do i let the upgrade install where it wants to (like i did last time, it basically had just over-ridden the combat evolved folder) or should i make a new install folder beside the Combat evolved folder in Microsoft Games?
thanks.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 04:38 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
I don't quite understand what you are trying to say... O.o//

bubbaganoush56

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 05:53 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
ok , so i've done that,installed HEK+ into the Halo Custom Edition folder and didnt change anything in "options\settings" and now it tells me this:

Tag Extractor
the folder 'C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Halo Combat Evolved\Tags' does not exist.Set this under Tools>Settings in the Plugins>Tag converter settings panel to a folder that exists.

before when i downloaded and installed HEK+, everything worked fine. what gives??

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 06:18 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
So um... set your new directory to be inside the Halo Custom Edition instead of Halo Combat Evolved folder?

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 06:26 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: bubbaganoush56
the folder 'C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Halo Combat Evolved\Tags' does not exist.
Unless you created it it doesn't. However if you installed the HEK then C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\Tags will.

bubbaganoush56

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 08:36 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
ok the tags folder was there, it was the "Plugins\Tag definitions default file folder i was confused about, found that it didnt exist in Custom Edition, i hadn't extracted the Hek+ folder into Custom Edition folder, but just placed the folder inside, so fixed it and now it works....DOH!
thanks for the help!!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun March 29, 2020 8:51 PM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website