A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo CE Maps (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Roleplay Community Is Dead

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: Roleplay Community Is Dead (91 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

glowstick

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 12:23 AM    Msg. 1 of 91       
Is it just me that has noticed it is becoming increasingly difficult to roleplay on halo without ripping your hair out from stress or finding 3 nuclear bombs planted on your avatars face? Ever since Mrp disbanded, all the legitamite roleplayers have left and now i'm stuck with power hungry jerks, nuke spammers, 'lone wolves' (seriously, why do people be 'lone wolves' on roleplays?) and people with ridiculously bad plots/stories.
I remember the other day, a member of EoRp was leading a roleplay. The plot involved him getting stabbed by assassins on the way to the gym, because he wanted to exercise, during a huge alien invasion. He literally said 'Oh my god! Aliens are Everywhere! They're invading!...' '...Okay i'm going to go to the gym, you guys deal with it.' Atleast the roleplay supplied me hours of laughter. But on a more serious note, have the halo roleplaying community lost the mental capacity to follow even the simplest tasks like 'don't fly off in that jet' or 'don't put that nuclear bomb on my genitalia and laugh at me.'? What's your views on the current condition of Halo's roleplaying community?

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 12:34 AM    Msg. 2 of 91       
wtf is the point of playing a role playing game on an FPS?

Corvette19

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 02:11 AM    Msg. 3 of 91       
Good riddance.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 02:46 AM    Msg. 4 of 91       
meh i could care less because MRP shut down and that was last roleplay group out there now ODST Nick owns one so its not that dead

Nickster5000

Firefight: Sector 9

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 04:12 AM    Msg. 5 of 91       
I dont lead any RP clans, but i do lead a testing team that is growing. I am working on a merge though, which is classified at this point.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 06:03 AM    Msg. 6 of 91       
I lead EoRP and I am the person you were referring to. There was hardly anybody on the server and if you thought you could roleplay with so few people, then you're an idiot. There was hardly anyone on the server who actually had any knowledge at all of roleplaying, and so there wasn't much point in me taking a note of seriousness.

The roleplaying community is NOT dead. You just do not have the mental capacity to get along with anyone. And yes, I am insulting you a lot, and you deserve it. You just said that nobody in the rp community has the mental capacity to roleplay properly anymore. That is NOT true.

Also, I'm helping Nick with the clan merge, but it's probably going to fail.

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 08:03 AM    Msg. 7 of 91       
thank god

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 12:19 PM    Msg. 8 of 91       
Quote: Roleplay Community Is Dead
The day has arrived.
It also happens to be New Year's day.

glowstick

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 07:17 PM    Msg. 9 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: Garagorn888
I lead EoRP and I am the person you were referring to. There was hardly anybody on the server and if you thought you could roleplay with so few people, then you're an idiot. There was hardly anyone on the server who actually had any knowledge at all of roleplaying, and so there wasn't much point in me taking a note of seriousness.

The roleplaying community is NOT dead. You just do not have the mental capacity to get along with anyone. And yes, I am insulting you a lot, and you deserve it. You just said that nobody in the rp community has the mental capacity to roleplay properly anymore. That is NOT true.

I don't get alot with people who make retarded plots like that and claim they're good. I don't get along with idiots that stick nuclear bombs to my face (which sums up 75% of the roleplaying community). I don't get along with people who blatantly brag about being the leader of a clan despite the fact that i am yet to see another member in the damn clan. I don't get along with people who are in so much denial they'd rather abuse me just to defend a stupid comment i made.

You try organise a roleplay and i guarantee people will end up ruining it. Escpecically with your 'letting other people do major adds to the roleplay' idea. And when i said nobody i clearly didn't literally mean 'nobody', I'm sure there are good roleplayers out there but it's a rarity amonst the majority of halo players.

MatthewDratt

MattDratt.com for self plugging

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 07:21 PM    Msg. 10 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane
thank god

Slap Happy

Life ain't fair, buy a helmet.

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 08:04 PM    Msg. 11 of 91       
Nah, they are just 'pretending' to be a dead community, didn't you get the memo? I'll make sure you get another copy of the MMORPG-let's-all-pretend-to-be-dead memo.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 08:41 PM    Msg. 12 of 91       
people got lives. that's what happened.

Fhajad034

Triblox.org's Spartanmander

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 08:54 PM    Msg. 13 of 91       
Dead?

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

MRp is "dead", but its leaders reformed into a separate clan based entirely on Garry's Mod.

The role playing community is not "dead", it's just waiting for the right people to organize themselves into something mature enough to get anything done. This does not happen often, but when it does something great usually arises from it (though it only lasts a year or two, like MRp). I, however, see little hope left for it if ODST Nick and EoRP are the only two things left of it. Both of which are not the greatest role players, petty squabbles between the two of 'em and us in MRp aside, and, unless their joining up proves to be successful, I do believe the role playing community will collapse into nothingness until it is revived (when/if MRp comes back... Death is not one to leave forever) or forgotten forever.

That being said, there are plenty of other methods of role playing besides a ten year old First Person Shooter called Halo: CE. There are RPGS, MMORPGS (Dungeons and Dragons, ICE, Paranoia), plenty of other online and offline text RPGs, and certainly other FPS that could be used for role playing.

To sum it up: If you believe it is "dead" and you are too lazy to try and revive it from the "dead," then that is your choice.

That being said, find something else to do. Like breath oxygen or read a book.

You know, something different.

Joshflighter

Former CMT Team Co-Leader

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 09:19 PM    Msg. 14 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slap Happy
Nah, they are just 'pretending' to be a dead community, didn't you get the memo? I'll make sure you get another copy of the MMORPG-let's-all-pretend-to-be-dead memo.

Quote of the day. Aha!

yayaplols

Cara bel, cara mia bella! Mia bambina, oh ciel....

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 09:35 PM    Msg. 15 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slap Happy

lol that game's fun!

Jaz

Posted: Jan 2, 2011 04:28 AM    Msg. 16 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: glowstick
Quote: --- Original message by: Garagorn888

I don't get along with people who blatantly brag about being the leader of a clan despite the fact that i am yet to see another member in the damn clan. That's because they don't have to use tags. Try doing some research before you say stuff like that.

I don't get along with people who are in so much denial they'd rather abuse me just to defend a stupid comment i made. I'd rather abuse you not just to defend a stupid comment you made, but to defend the rp community. You're just another of those idiots that is ruining the rp community. Unlike most idiots, I actually try to teach players how to role play, rather than just going "Ur a rubbish rper, ima ban u!".

You try organise a roleplay and i guarantee people will end up ruining it. Escpecically with your 'letting other people do major adds to the roleplay' idea.

Answers in italic for the first two paragraphs. I'll put the answer to the last paragraph here.

Oh no, we're all going to die! Somebody's letting people use their imagination! Quick, hide!
I just said that because you're acting like a psycho war leader. Saying that you don't want anyone ruining anything. It's not the end of the world if an rp is ruined. And an rp doesn't have to be ruined. When I said I let people use their imagination, I did NOT mean they were allowed to say stuff like "A bomb hits us all, we all die". I meant they were allowed to say stuff like "Sir, an army of covenant is coming in from the East. I suggest getting as far to the West as possible, and calling for reinforcements". And practice makes perfect, so they don't have to say stuff like that straight away. They can say small stuff like "Sir, there's a grenade next to your foot.". I find the best way to teach people to roleplay is to ease them into it. I've had quite a few total morons rp with me, and quite a few of them are no longer total morons. I don't know if it's because of me, and I doubt it is just because of me. There are a lot of people who use the same method of roleplaying as me. And it works.

CAptDumB

Iceman

Posted: Jan 2, 2011 06:10 AM    Msg. 17 of 91       
I gotta say, FPS RP is not all that hard. Though it's going to sound weird and crazy but you have to use your imagination. I find Halo has one of the strongest built stories and timelines. I think RP is a perfect opportunity to get people to talk, discuss and play their stories (kinda the way D&D works) Halo's RP community may seem dead, but does't mean you cannot use Halo's plot line in any other games. Though you will lose originality in your RP...

pwner5889

xfire: noobkiller56

Posted: Jan 2, 2011 12:08 PM    Msg. 18 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane
thank god

abkarch

No items, fox only, final destination

Posted: Jan 2, 2011 09:05 PM    Msg. 19 of 91       
I go on RPG beta maps and sanctuary final to screw around and explore. RPs are , in my opinion, just stupid because there is no AI or crap and people always want everyone to be on the same teams. its just stupid.

Jaz

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 01:51 PM    Msg. 20 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
I go on RPG beta maps and sanctuary final to screw around and explore. RPs are , in my opinion, just stupid because there is no AI or crap and people always want everyone to be on the same teams. its just stupid.

It's called "Role playing" because you have to play a "Role". You have to play the role of yourself, and all of your enemies. And everyone wants to be on the same team because of that very reason. You have to play the role of your enemies as well as yourself.
What I find more annoying than roleplayers is idiots who try to have fights on roleplaying maps. I go on some roleplaying servers, and there are loads of idiots who don't seem to know what "Role playing" is. Role playing maps aren't designed for fighting. It's actually quite boring fighting on most roleplaying maps. Especially rpg beta 6/6.2, as the spawn points are the same for both teams, even if it's on CTF.

abkarch

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 03:17 PM    Msg. 21 of 91       
So we are supposed to pretend enemies exist?
if you want to pretend, go play dora the explorer. people that RP are missing the point of halo multiplayer-KILL PEOPLE. not throw gernades and shoot at air.

FluFFy

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 03:48 PM    Msg. 22 of 91       
There is an RP Variant called Multi-Team where it mixes Slayer and Role Playing. Besides that the RP Community is just the outcome of some people with imagination and the goal of changing the gist of what's given to them. I don't see why people hate the RP Community, if it's about the public acting towards people than its partially understandable but normal HCE Community people are not any friendlier.

Jaz

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 06:22 AM    Msg. 23 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: 007
There is an RP Variant called Multi-Team where it mixes Slayer and Role Playing. Besides that the RP Community is just the outcome of some people with imagination and the goal of changing the gist of what's given to them. I don't see why people hate the RP Community, if it's about the public acting towards people than its partially understandable but normal HCE Community people are not any friendlier.

Agreed completely. The RP Community doesn't hate the normal HCE Community at all. The RP Community hates the obsessed HCE Community. A lot of us get fed up with those who are obsessed with playing Halo and making sure everybody is playing exactly how they do. The normal HCE Community is usually fine with me. I quite often join fighting servers. A lot of idiots seem to think the RP Community does nothing but roleplay. But most of us actually go on fighting servers quite often. In fact, a lot of roleplaying servers are Fighting/Role Playing.

abkarch

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 07:19 AM    Msg. 24 of 91       
thats funny, cause i have never seen one.
honestly. this isnt a question of the whole hce community hating on RP. its unbiased people hating on it. Believe it or not, not many of the people here are obsessed with halo. Its just not fun pretending in halo. at ALL.
Ive been on RP servers where you kill people/screw around. No RP. THAT is fun. because its what halo is supposed to do. its not designed for pretending, its designed for competition.

Jaz

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 08:09 AM    Msg. 25 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
thats funny, cause i have never seen one.
honestly. this isnt a question of the whole hce community hating on RP. its unbiased people hating on it. Believe it or not, not many of the people here are obsessed with halo. Its just not fun pretending in halo. at ALL.
Ive been on RP servers where you kill people/screw around. No RP. THAT is fun. because its what halo is supposed to do. its not designed for pretending, its designed for competition.

Just because you're a mindless zombie with absolutely no imagination, doesn't mean you have to get annoyed at those who are still humans with great imaginations.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 08:27 AM    Msg. 26 of 91       
I've been on RP servers, and the people always get pissed if I get in a warthog at the wrong time or forget to grab the no-gun weapon. I have gotten kicked for saying things like "lol" before...

Jaz

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 08:37 AM    Msg. 27 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
I've been on RP servers, and the people always get pissed if I get in a warthog at the wrong time or forget to grab the no-gun weapon. I have gotten kicked for saying things like "lol" before...

Yes, there are some very strict servers. I usually go on servers when the admins aren't online, and I've met most decent rp leaders, so I usually try to find the most experienced rp leaders who are actually good at roleplaying. I also get quite fed up when people get pissed at everything that I do wrong. The whole point of roleplaying is for EVERY player to play a role, not just the roleplay's leader. Which is why I usually let other people add stuff to the story when I lead. I hate people who just go "Oh, I have this roleplay in mind! No doing anything that strays away from it! Oy, don't touch that warthog!". It's so incredibly irritating.

ricola_reaper

Polygon Pimp

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 12:56 PM    Msg. 28 of 91       
The strict servers are the annoying ones. Personally if someone wants to roleplay and make the game have some kinda side branch then good for them, let them do what they want. I dont get why so many of you are raging at them for doing so, just leave their server. Although i havent been in a EoRP server for a while, last i knew they were pretty power hungry. A few of their admins would point fingers at some random person if they couldn't figure out what happened and ban them. With UNRp, their leader just sucks and MRp disbanded so yes, no one clan is good anymore. Make one that is.

AGLion

- Animator... suck it -

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 01:35 PM    Msg. 29 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: ricola_reaper
I dont get why so many of you are raging at them for doing so,.

It gets very irritating when you keep joining a server with the intent of kicking ass, when all people want to do is start an RP. I payed for an FPS where you shoot and kill people, so I don't want to compromise that because people apparently have 'broad and imaginative minds'.

DA_Ender

()R h GD

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 01:45 PM    Msg. 30 of 91       
The RP community is dead. Not because of any reason other than Halo CE is dead. Face it. I will turn off the lights when everybody is out. I'm not going anywhere, but Halo CE is a very very small community and its only shrinking.

Jaz

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 03:23 PM    Msg. 31 of 91       
Although i havent been in a EoRP server for a while, last i knew they were pretty power hungry. A few of their admins would point fingers at some random person if they couldn't figure out what happened and ban them. With UNRp, their leader just sucks and MRp disbanded so yes, no one clan is good anymore. Make one that is.

EoRP is no longer power hungry. And our servers have gone because SoS isn't as active as he used to be anymore. We're trying to get some new servers. I'm the leader of EoRP so I'm probably the best source for this information.
Also, any admins who point fingers at some random person if they can't figure out what happened and ban them, will be removed from their status as admins the instant you report them. They will then go through a judgement period, where we will watch them roleplaying, and gather as much evidence as possible, before either giving them their admin status back, or removing them from EoRP.
Unfortunately, not many people have reported names of the admins who do mess up to me. So yeah, if you want to give me the names of those admins who you got annoyed at, I would be very grateful.

Quote: --- Original message by: AGLion

It gets very irritating when you keep joining a server with the intent of kicking ass, when all people want to do is start an RP. I payed for an FPS where you shoot and kill people, so I don't want to compromise that because people apparently have 'broad and imaginative minds'.

If you join a server with the intent of kicking ass and find that it's a roleplaying server, then umm.... LEARN TO READ. You paid for an FPS where you shoot and kill people. You can still shoot and kill people. You just have to find the right servers. And you didn't even pay for Custom Edition, so don't come up with some nonsense about Custom Edition being mostly roleplaying servers now. There are actually quite a few fighting servers on both versions of Halo, as well as Halo Trial. You just have to stop being so lazy, and look for them.

FluFFy

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 05:00 PM    Msg. 32 of 91       
Either way, no Sub-Community should be hating another. We're all part of the HCE Community. So there's no point in flaming each other if we all stick to the obvious ways of ignoring the opposed Sub-Community. That goes for the RP Community as well. Halomaps is for the HCE Community so I see no issue in why there's an RP Thread here. Argument over.

abkarch

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 06:56 PM    Msg. 33 of 91       
Quote: --- Original message by: AGLion

this. You have broad and imaginitive minds, go draw. I dont care if you want to RP, im joining the server to do what halo is supposed to do. ill keep killing until i get rage banned 2 minutes later.
Seriously. you want RP, go play an RP game. halo is NOT an RP game. world of warcraft IS.

FluFFy

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 07:05 PM    Msg. 34 of 91       
You want to play slayer or how the game should then join that type a server.

Skidrow925

That salad looks nice in your hair.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 08:10 PM    Msg. 35 of 91       
Hmmm... this is certainly an interesting conversation...

I must say there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing RP in Halo. It's just that people get tired of killing each other over and over and over and over and over and over... and therefore find a new way to play.

Also what version are said RP servers on?

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun November 23, 2014 3:41 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website