A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »WHAT WAS THAT!!!???

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: WHAT WAS THAT!!!??? (68 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

BlueGrunt 177

Grunt voice acting; story lines; textures...

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 03:18 PM    Msg. 1 of 68       
Hey, i was playing online with my friend on PC, just us, and he told me he had to get some food. so i was just jumping around. then, a grenade killed me. i thought he was back, but i found him at the same spot. i called him on the phone, he said he was picking up food from sonic. so i stood by his guy (killer001). i turned around for a sec ,and was a plasma grenade on him. then there was 1 on ME. it killed me, and, when i flew up into the air, i say a red spartan sliding on the ground. backwards. perfectly. when i respawned, i went to look for who ever joined my game. i looked on the score board real quick, and the only names were mine and killer001. then i got creeped out. then i saw it running at me, and when it LOOKED at me, and I died. after a while, i did not see it. then killer001 came back.i told him what happened. he did not believe me. then it came. he said he could not see it. it was rushing at me. it hit me, and my PC messed up. in white letters on a black screen came this= ERROR: UNABLE TO GATHER DATA::::: DUMPING........:::::::::: ERROR
Then i shut my PC of. whenb i called my friend, he said i turned red and died(im blue) so what was that???????????

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Jan 2, 2011 03:22 AM    Msg. 2 of 68       
This happened to me on Halo 3 Blackout once on forge. I am assuming that Bungie preys on small online parties once in a while and *injects* the ghost into the game. After the ghost haves it's fun, all players will disconnect and it will display an error....however, that's just what I think. I had a party of 5 people in forge and the ghost of blackout came and owned us. (We all had power weapons lol)

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Jan 2, 2011 06:51 AM    Msg. 3 of 68       
never heard of that,but would love to see it

BlueGrunt 177

Posted: Jan 2, 2011 12:00 PM    Msg. 4 of 68       
Ill look for "it" again. the ghost of lockout... but theres one on blackout? mmm.... get my gun, ima goin hunting!

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 01:43 PM    Msg. 5 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: BlueGrunt 177
Ill look for "it" again. the ghost of lockout... but theres one on blackout? mmm.... get my gun, ima goin hunting!

Well it's called Ghost of Blackout because this stuff happened more often on the map of Blackout so people gave it the name of Ghost of Blackout

BlueGrunt 177

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 02:18 PM    Msg. 6 of 68       
the "ghost" of lockout and blackout seem to appear a lot....

Twinreaper

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 08:32 PM    Msg. 7 of 68       
#1. Blackout is a Halo 3 map, and no rellevance to Halo 2.

#2. There is no such thing as the "ghost", or an injectable character with crazy skills.

These supposed "ghosts" cannot exist within the Halo Vista system. For starters, there is no way for a 3rd person to enter a match that has no scripts or defined mods, then proceed to begin doing crazy mod style stuff. Even if their were mods on the server, if they were scripts, they would only sync for host. It just can't happen period. furthermore, a 3rd person cannot enter into a match with you and hide their status. There is no net code that allows you to do this, and doing so would require you to re-write the engines exe file. And for those who think Bungie is doing it..... why would they? They wouldn't even have access to any of the PC converted code, seeing as they never even were involved in the porting. That was done by PI and Hired Gun, and that converted code went into oblivion when the groups disbanded.

Injecting new code across a multiplayer connection is impossible. Noone can enter a match with hacks or mods that require scripts or additional map data that does not exist within the host's map file, and perform any kind of moddified behavior. Anything mod related has to be done on the hosts map file or server. Also, even if the server operators moddified their maps, you would have to have an exact copy of that map to play on the server. Servers check for map correctness. One single map with a tag that doesnt match the servers, get refused at joining.

SO to recap, noone is out to get any of you, and there is no ghost. This is just another propaganda story to get people spooked or to make other people look cool saying it happened to them. And for those who would disagree, then how about you post up some server logs for us to look at, along side some video of it?

Edited by Twinreaper on Apr 23, 2011 at 02:07 AM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 09:56 AM    Msg. 8 of 68       
You're crushing my dreams.

BlueGrunt 177

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 07:04 PM    Msg. 9 of 68       
I know blackout is from halo 3. i HAVE halo 3.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Jan 10, 2011 10:57 PM    Msg. 10 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
SO to recap, noone is out to get any of you, and there is no ghost. This is just another propaganda story to get people spooked or to make other people look cool saying it happened to them. And for those who would disagree, then how about you post up some server logs for us to look at, along side some video of it?

Well, I wasn't recording but I can swear that I can prove it. I'm pretty sure a few people uploaded videos/clips about these "ghosts" on Youtube.

BlueGrunt 177

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 06:40 AM    Msg. 11 of 68       
They have. They look like the one I had, but more...... attackful as you say.....

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 09:15 AM    Msg. 12 of 68       
The ghost of Lockout is real. I've witnessed it.

I have also witnessed weird things like being able to play as a dead body, flopping around as you "walk" over somewhere, but not having the ability to shoot, and your shields never recharge...

Once I got in a vehicle as a dead person, i became frozen above the seat and able to do all driving actions, such as turning, moving, and shooting. Then after I got out, I was no longer a flopping dead person, but a floating, gliding person with no animations.

But of course Lockout has no vehicles, so....

IcePhoenix

-Minor modeler-

Posted: Jan 20, 2011 11:29 PM    Msg. 13 of 68       
I've seen something similar to a ghost in coagulation, but since the server was american and there were about 12 people around, I'm not sure if it really was a ghost.
Basically, it was an elite on our team in a ghost (the vehicle) near our base. When I aimed at him my reticule would turn red despite him being friendly, and I shot at him a couple of times but nothing happened, I think he ran over some of my team at some point. Might have just been a glitch with reticule and me not hitting him maybe have just been my aussie ping.

Shock120

Valve ftw

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 10:47 AM    Msg. 14 of 68       
Network issues.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 10:43 PM    Msg. 15 of 68       

Twinreaper

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 04:09 PM    Msg. 16 of 68       
Yeah except for the fact that the guy who took that video is an idiot. Any number of networking issues could have caused that. I just find it funny how there is a grav lift pointing at the wall, just a mere inch from where the plasma grenade magically comes from. It is not that difficult to set things up, so that after you throw a grenade, it bounces around the map out of view, then magically appears to be coming from nowhere. Hell, you can't even verify the vid isn't taken on a modded console. FOr the love of god people, anyone who knows anything about the Halo franchise and how the engine and tag system works....knows that ghosts cannot exist, and noone can enter or inject players into a match. Can we please lock this pointless thread now!

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Jan 29, 2011 01:48 AM    Msg. 17 of 68       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3STQ0VRH_es&feature=fvwrel

Here's a video of proof???
However, note this is in halo 3 though.
Edited by Skyancez3o4 on Jan 29, 2011 at 01:49 AM

BlueGrunt 177

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 01:07 AM    Msg. 18 of 68       
I saw what a saw. Also, thanks a lot Ice. You reminded me of Halo 2 Xbox Live :'( SCREW MICROSOFT!!!

BlueGrunt 177

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 08:16 PM    Msg. 19 of 68       
nope, i is saying so

Mysterion

Nice shot, but too bad your @$$ just got SACKED!!!

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 08:47 PM    Msg. 20 of 68       
Its like the Headless Spartan that kills everyone, but cannot be killed...he shows up every Blue Moon when playing on some AI maps, one being Snotorngrove_AI.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 09:39 PM    Msg. 21 of 68       
They just do not get it Reaper. Its like they believe in magic or think that myths are completely true when usually they only hold a little truth.

You've got people in here saying its real because of something they saw in Halo CE or Halo 3 or Youtube or some AI map.

In a way its funny, you know, they just want to believe it so bad that it must be real, regardless of the facts.

Mysterion

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 06:37 PM    Msg. 22 of 68       
BE AFRAID...BE VERY AFRAID!!!

BlueGrunt 177

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 03:11 PM    Msg. 23 of 68       
lol, the worlds messed up creeeepyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 11:52 PM    Msg. 24 of 68       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kills_Alone
They just do not get it Reaper. Its like they believe in magic or think that myths are completely true when usually they only hold a little truth.

You've got people in here saying its real because of something they saw in Halo CE or Halo 3 or Youtube or some AI map.

In a way its funny, you know, they just want to believe it so bad that it must be real, regardless of the facts.

I see your point...it could be just lag or some bug... but ehh. Sometimes it's fun to get owned bad by some "ghost" :P

BlueGrunt 177

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 01:08 AM    Msg. 25 of 68       
ok

Mysterion

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 03:05 PM    Msg. 26 of 68       
When playing solo, what on earth would cause an unkillable, headless Spartan to randomly appear in a game???

BlueGrunt 177

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 03:31 PM    Msg. 27 of 68       
a very mad ghost, of course :P

Mysterion

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 06:08 PM    Msg. 28 of 68       
WHATS UP WITH THAT???

BlueGrunt 177

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 11:48 PM    Msg. 29 of 68       
LOL

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Feb 16, 2011 12:25 AM    Msg. 30 of 68       
Hmm, I can never get a kill with a battle rifle in halo 2, unless they have like no shields, or I manage to get them with a grenade. I blame the ghost of... all of the halo 2 maps.

KILLERKEA23

Them ones when you only get a Triple Kill!!!

Posted: Feb 16, 2011 02:11 PM    Msg. 31 of 68       

BlueGrunt 177

Posted: Feb 21, 2011 06:46 AM    Msg. 32 of 68       
ya but, the thread was done with lol :/

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 11:17 AM    Msg. 33 of 68       
It has happen to me, once in Zanzibar and another time in Bloodgulch. In Zanzibar I was alone running around and suddenly I died by the hands of something called the guardian, and as u guys know the map has no AI. And in Bloodgulch something called the guardian killed all of the players in the game. :/

beazt

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 02:34 PM    Msg. 34 of 68       
thats a map glitch. if there are open edges or open faces then there is a good chance that you will get killed by guardians. Its a thing built in game. if there is glitch causing you to die then it will display killed by guardians message. Just like when you stand in teleporter when someone else is going through. you will get telefraged.

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 04:00 AM    Msg. 35 of 68       
All this gave me an idea. They should put in a training grounds thing like gears of war 2 into the knew halo games

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 12:33 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website