A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »Halo Movies Announcements »Precipice Promotional Trailer

Author Topic: Precipice Promotional Trailer (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

slashrat

TSC:E Environment Art Lead

Posted: Jan 2, 2011 01:51 AM    Msg. 1 of 12       
It's been a long, fun, and often frustrating journey, but Precipice is almost ready for release. I've spent much of the last week trying to tie up loose ends in the map while filming and editing this video. Enjoy.

Youtube 720p:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9k5a9cDNdk&hd=1

And for those who would like a download link:
http://www.filefront.com/17732217/Precipice-Promo-Video.wmv/

The movie has been submitted to halomovies.org, awaiting approval.

:D

Map release thread: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?22834-Precipice
Edited by slashrat on Jan 2, 2011 at 01:52 AM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 09:30 AM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Great work. I have no idea how you pulled this off, and that's the way it's supposed to be.

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 08:03 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Epic trailer for epic map

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 10:06 AM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Dude, don't jack this guy's video thread with your video...

Anyways, @OP, how many people did you have working with you on this? And what about the camera movement?

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 10:13 AM    Msg. 5 of 12       
just checked this map out,epic is the right word,congrats amazing map!

XlzQwerty1

MORISUMMER!

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 08:58 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: HIRALIS
I was just me, its school hols and i'm only 13.
My mates that will be helping with my movie "The Sacred Ring" are at home. What I am planning to do is work on it at my high school during my spare time, we have laptop classess u c?
anyways, that is exactly the reason it took so long. I've been working on my machinima for 3 weeks now, the first one was released a little earlier than expected, but on the completed one, took an extra 2 weeks to finish.

This isn't your thread, make your own thread for your machinima. Do not jack other peoples threads, its disrespectful.

@topic
Nice trailer! Me lieks. I like the night time best but it seems a bit too dark in my opinion. =)

slashrat

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 01:57 AM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1Nice trailer! Me lieks. I like the night time best but it seems a bit too dark in my opinion. =)

Oh, sounds like a lot of people are getting confused over the meaning of "custom lightmaps". There are some maps (Coldsnap for example) that have time of day options- mine, however, does not. The custom lightmaps refer to the fact that instead of letting Halo render out its typical terrible lighting, I rendered it all in 3ds max, then imported it into the game. This resulted in a far more realistic look than Halo could normally accomplish.

What I think is confusing some people is the progress montages. In each set of progress shots, the first few are evolutions in the bsp, and the last two are the final level with Halo's lighting, and then finally with mine.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 09:53 AM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: HIRALIS
i'm posting my machinima on other post so that i get more views, its called spreading the message
and is making a machinima illegal?

GTFO. Stop ruining other people's threads with your own crap. If nobody likes it then it sucks.. Go. Shoo. Post your own video in your own thread. This is for his video, not yours. Being 13 is not an excuse.

Anyawys, I like the rendered lighting thing OP, how did you manage to do it?

slashrat

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 10:51 AM    Msg. 9 of 12       

Dr490nbr347h

Stealin yer Cookies.

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 05:09 AM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Sweet!
2 questions tho:

1- How do you move the camera When someone is moving?
2- How does the camera film the warthog/Banshee when it is moving?
At 2:41 and 2:28?

XlzQwerty1

MORISUMMER!

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 08:55 AM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Multiplayer...

slashrat

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 10:42 AM    Msg. 12 of 12       
With the exception of the shot where the spartan shoots down the banshee (I required one additional character actor for that), all camera movements and character controls were done by me in real time on a local LAN connection. I used Halo Solstice, a camera tool, to program in camera movements, then controlled the character using the keyboard. If I needed more than one character, I connected my laptop to the network and controlled a second character with my other hand, or in the case of the shot with the turret and the banshee, my foot.

The shots inside the vehicles were accomplished using a third-person app. I would shift the camera to the right of the left to get cool angles, such as on the side of the banshee. For the shot of the two spartans in the warthog, I used the spartan in the back turret seat for the camera, and moved it way back, so when the spartan faced backward, the camera was just in front of the windshield. The spartan driving was then controlled via my laptop, while the desktop captured video from the rear spartan.
Edited by slashrat on Aug 25, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat March 25, 2017 11:27 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website