A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »HEK

Author Topic: HEK (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

InThEHeAd

If you don't like how things are, change it!

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 05:19 AM    Msg. 1 of 12       
OK i read it and got a litle bit confused.If you have some modified halo that you(torrent,winrar,or else) could give me i would realy be thankful

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 05:20 AM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Illegal versions of Halo are not allowed to be discussed here. HEK will only work with a legal copy of Halo PC, and it's respective CD key, used to install a valid Halo CE.

InThEHeAd

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 07:10 AM    Msg. 3 of 12       
I got the original Halo and what i am truying to say is that i want modified halo files and maps like
a10,a20etc. with custom weapons vehicles and other stuff no for the whole game!

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 08:38 AM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Isn't that what this site is for? Use the search bar on the Halo CE section of the site and you'll find what you're looking for. Such modified campaign levels do exist, and much much more.

InThEHeAd

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 09:21 AM    Msg. 5 of 12       
I know but i have problem with the tags i don't know how to put them in the game i try tags weapons,vehicles then start the game they don't work! To put a map is peace of cake!And i want the weapons to work with the single-player not just the CE

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 09:26 AM    Msg. 6 of 12       
CE has the singleplayer maps on this site, modified and original versions.
Read the HEK tutorial or other tutorials from this webiste to find out how to make your own content for Halo CE.

InThEHeAd

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 09:31 AM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Yes they have but for CE and i got to download bilion things just to make the stupid map work!

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 09:35 AM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Not really. If you want to make a custom map, it doesn't take much. Just follow tutorials and you will gain the knowledge required to do this.

InThEHeAd

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 09:47 AM    Msg. 9 of 12       
Can you just send me your modified maps on e-mail just tell me what weapons and vehicles you have ok? Here is my email mitov.david@yahoo.com

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 09:50 AM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Sorry. Doesn't work that way. Either get modified maps from this website or make your own.

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 12:22 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=1&sid=35

CMT's modified campaign maps, put them in you halo custom edition\maps folder.

CAG Gonzo

Retreat? Hell! We just got here!

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 02:06 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Oh my God...your grammar and spelling are making my eyes bleed. Please spend a little more time making sure your posts are somewhat intelligible before committing to it. Thanks.

Now, you really need to read the Official HEK tutorial FIRST, or at least meander through it. It will answer the majority of your questions, and what other questions you may have can be answered by searching for a tutorial that covers the topic of your question. If you still have unanswered questions, then that's when you use the forum to call for help.

What MooseGuy and the others are saying is that dropping files in your tags folder or in any other folder for that matter, will not put them in a map. You must repurpose the map by exporting its contents, then, using the HEK tools, put in your custom content, then follow the steps on the HEK tutorial (or another mapmaking tutorial of your choice) to compile all your tags and dependencies into a map file so you can actually play it in Halo.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri April 3, 2020 12:57 AM 688 ms.
A Halo Maps Website